Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The two rucks that got medicals for the mid season draft for those thinking we lack a bit of depth in the area.

Ajang Ajang – East Perth
22yo, 198cm, 96kg

Just eight games into his WAFL career, the Sudanese big man is already turning heads. Was called upon for last year's elimination final with instant success, collecting 28 hitouts, 13 disposals, two goals. Has now become one of the WAFL's most athletic ruckmen with hitouts to advantage numbers through the roof. One of only two ruckmen set to undergo a medical assessment ahead of the Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Oliver Eastland – Claremont
21yo, 198cm, 87kg

What Eastland lacks in height, he makes up with his athleticism. Burst onto the scene late last year in the ruck for Claremont, ironically holding his own against Zac Clarke when he was at Subiaco. Received attention in November and was invited to the WA State Draft combine. One of only two ruckmen among the list of 22 players invited for a medical screening ahead of the Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The two rucks that got medicals for the mid season draft for those thinking we lack a bit of depth in the area.

Ajang Ajang – East Perth
22yo, 198cm, 96kg

Just eight games into his WAFL career, the Sudanese big man is already turning heads. Was called upon for last year's elimination final with instant success, collecting 28 hitouts, 13 disposals, two goals. Has now become one of the WAFL's most athletic ruckmen with hitouts to advantage numbers through the roof. One of only two ruckmen set to undergo a medical assessment ahead of the Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Oliver Eastland – Claremont
21yo, 198cm, 87kg

What Eastland lacks in height, he makes up with his athleticism. Burst onto the scene late last year in the ruck for Claremont, ironically holding his own against Zac Clarke when he was at Subiaco. Received attention in November and was invited to the WA State Draft combine. One of only two ruckmen among the list of 22 players invited for a medical screening ahead of the Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Also the Key Forward being Jack Mayo (19yo, 192cm, 81kg. lead the WAFL Colts goal kicking last year with 50 odd goals). Supposed to have very good speed and agility for his size and a big kick of the footy. Haven't seen much myself though.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like the sound of Ajang Ajang but if not dogs I hope swans get him and play him straight away. Ajang Ajang and Aliir Aliir for the double name combo lol.

After seeing Zac Clarke last week Oliver doesn't sound like 1 would be happy to get. Zac Clarke is has been poor in AFL games.

go the dogs

All Australian
Apr 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They won't let Moore go for a 2nd to 1st rnd pick upgrade. Unless I've read your post incorrectly?

Haha that would be crazy. I meant our 1st this year and next year. if we get moore and with pur listdevelopment we should sneak top 6 next year. So say pick 8 this year and pick 13/14 next year for moore and maybe a 2nd rounder or if they win the flag this year there 1st pi k 20itsh

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How the f is Lewis Young supposed to develop as a KPD when he is playing ruck in the VFL. Seriously poor list management of the VFL

Sweet should be back this week. With Boyd's retirement we could draft another ruck/KPF to fit that role. Ajang would be good for that and fit into what Bevo likes in talls.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a pretty fair offer tbh. Likely ends up being something like Pick 8 + Pick 10 in return for McKay and Pick 20. Makes McKay worth about Pick 4. If we tacked on one of our thirds this year it bumps it up to Pick 2/3 which should be plenty. We clearly have the cash for it now, and I'm sure an unbiased person would agree the Dogs have a far brighter future ahead of us since we're playing a younger, less experienced side to more success
There is not a single reason I can think of that would make Carlton want to do that trade, even if you had pick 1... why would they?

There is not a single reason I can think of that would make Carlton want to do that trade, even if you had pick 1... why would they?
We were hoping you might be able to answer that one.

It does seem unlikely but it's been doing the rounds for at least a couple of weeks so who knows?

Stranger things have happened. Ask Tom Boyd.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
We were hoping you might be able to answer that one.

It does seem unlikely but it's been doing the rounds for at least a couple of weeks so who knows?

Stranger things have happened. Ask Tom Boyd.
Better chance of plucking Mcgovern from us, cant imagine Charlie or Harry will ever be considered in a trade.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well if McKay were to like the offer and request a trade, that would be one reason. It's all hypotheticals anyway, this is just assuming a trade scenario occurred, I'm speculating on the potential cost

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will be interesting to see what we do in the mid season draft.

All things considered I’d like to see us take a punt on a mature KPP who’s dominating at state level and another goal sneak type.

Regarding the cap room first port of call would be resigning English/Dunkley etc but if there’s a quality KPP or small forward around at year’s end I’d want to see us use it.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would be seriously stupid of SOS and Carlton to trade any of their gun players at the moment, seriously, the fans will riot. Any of Weitering, McKay, Cripps, Walsh, Curnow you'd think would be untouchable even if they were offered ridiculous overs. Their fans have been waiting 20 years, you'd think hitting the draft after trading a young gun would be the last thing they wanted to do.

Never say never, you effectively traded away pick one by reaching for a player for some unknown reason

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Never say never, you effectively traded away pick one by reaching for a player for some unknown reason
Look as much as I would like to defend the club for that trade its a very iffy wait and see, Docherty going down pre season made a monumental difference and he probably would have got us over the line is these games we keep choking, so it might end up looking as *ed as it currently does. Stocker looks alright, so thats a positive, but trading McKay is a whole other basket of idiot if SoS let him go.

Southern 8

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Work mate reckons we still have to count Boyd’s contract in salary cap until it expires. Reckons that’s the risk of long term deals like Boyd/Franklin contracts. I said that doesn’t sound right. Cocky Hawk fan, he isn’t right is he? Didn’t sound right to me and haven’t seen anyone say it on here.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
A big no to throwing huge cash at Wright. I'm a firm believer, if a key position player is not dominating games at another club, they wont dominate at us. We need a strong forward presence and will kick 50-60 goals a season, not a guy who has cameos here and there. I cannot see Wright doing that. The Boyd contract initially was a risky and silly move, paid a lot for a player that was still unproven at AFL level. In the end it paid off, but being honest outside that finals series and the odd game here and there, there was a lot to be desired. Odds of Wright doing a Boyd and pulling a premiership out of his ass is low. Players like Cameron are the ones you throw big dollars at, not Wright.

Dawes, Reid, Wright etc, why do we always bring up average players who have done little to nothing as must gets/throw the houses at type players? Moves like that is why we are often s**t for long periods of time and why we are considered just about the worst club in finding and developing KPP's. We need to be smarter in our approach to big money targets, especially of the KPP type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back