Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates. Any idea what we are looking to give for Bruce and who else is keen on Keath?
Keath had a medical at St Kilda so that's one.
Mark Stevens also linked Keath with the Hawks. He grew up a Hawks supporter and previously trained with them.

Also there's been a few claims that Melbourne were linked with Keath too, but I doubt that is the case now with Tomlinson looking to be heading there

Some news:

1. Bruce is a certainty. Lock him in.

2. Keath is 50/50 at best. Don’t lock him in to your best 22s for next year yet.

3. Here’s the random one. The clubs exploring the possibility of acquiring Michael Hurley. Contracted forever, and I’m not across the possible motivations of Essendon to consider moving him just yet, but we’re looking at using our ridiculous cap space to try and land him.
Hurley looks cooked id be pretty disappointed if we got him he is always injured. If we dont land Keath then Power has really got to earn his paycheck and try and pry away a KPD from somewhere. Surely we could pry away someone with a huge offer

Thanks for the updates. Any idea what we are looking to give for Bruce and who else is keen on Keath?

Contract terms sorted with Bruce and St Kilda are cool with it.

Final trade price will likely be tied in with what they have to give up for Hill.

Both teams motivated to make it happen though. He’ll be a Dog.

Not to much to be concerned about as he is good mates with Cripps

Think we also need to take it on a case by case basis. He’s played for a no name club with players running out the door for the 1st 6 years of his career. I can certainly understand why a large supporter base would be attractive to a player in his particular circumstance. It’s not a broader sweeping statement around the relative sizes or attractiveness of the clubs but coming from GC he might want to play in front of large crowds and the blues are likely to offer that in coming years. Anyway - it’s rumour let’s see where it actually lands.

Re the mids; I’m very happy with the mids we have but I do think a Mitch Robinson type would have made a difference to firing up our young brigade. Libba energised our group in 16 and if he can’t get on the part consistently I want someone with his heart in there. It’s on my wish list. Bruce and Keith types are slightly higher up on the same list....

Theres really slim picking on KPD... Looking at the list on afl.com.au they had Tom Barrass as a small defender so the list may contain others..

Dougal Howard looking at this would be handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore would be the one. You want to take a risk on someone hes the one and if we have the cap space to fit him in its worth a crack

Saints got Carlisle and will get Hill. Plus Hannebery.
Melbourne got Lever, May, Hibberd, Melksham etc.

The only club as bad as us is probably north and even then they got Waite, Higgins, Dal Santo and Polec.

And yet we have won a flag and those three have finished where?

Some news:

1. Bruce is a certainty. Lock him in.

2. Keath is 50/50 at best. Don’t lock him in to your best 22s for next year yet.

3. Here’s the random one. The clubs exploring the possibility of acquiring Michael Hurley. Contracted forever, and I’m not across the possible motivations of Essendon to consider moving him just yet, but we’re looking at using our ridiculous cap space to try and land him.

I don’t know how the bombers win trade week if Hurley comes to us and Daniher to the swans
Will be interesting to hear the spin

Theres really slim picking on KPD... Looking at the list on afl.com.au they had Tom Barrass as a small defender so the list may contain others..

Dougal Howard looking at this would be handy

View attachment 743639
Trengove is on that list. Baffling that he didn’t get a game at the weekend particularly as he could have helped English. I’m not his biggest fan but he’s been in good form, has the right character and he isn’t afraid to get stuck in. Pretty much ticks every box we are looking for, plus he can ruck...yet he’s getting overlooked.

And yet we have won a flag and those three have finished where?
You’re right. But this isn’t about whether we think we need big fish. The club know we need big fish and are striking out. With our indigenous targets, it seems to be an issue. In saying that, Boyd was our big fish and we don’t win the flag without him.

Trengove is on that list. Baffling that he didn’t get a game at the weekend particularly as he could have helped English. I’m not his biggest fan but he’s been in good form, has the right character and he isn’t afraid to get stuck in. Pretty much ticks every box we are looking for, plus he can ruck...yet he’s getting overlooked.

I don't think it's that baffling, he's not the future and Bev know hat he gets with him. We can kid ourselves all we want, but this team is nowhere near the 2016 team....yet...id much prefer we got a final into Young, west, Smith etc. that will be a far greater investment in our future than playing Trenners

With Hooker, Francis and Ambrose down back for Essendon, I can see why they may consider letting Hurley go for the right price.

I don't think it's that baffling, he's not the future and Bev know hat he gets with him. We can kid ourselves all we want, but this team is nowhere near the 2016 team....yet...id much prefer we got a final into Young, west, Smith etc. that will be a far greater investment in our future than playing Trenners
I don't get this - Trengove is 28, yet we're linked with Isaac Smith, Hurley above, and Trengove is younger than Sam Lloyd by a few months.

With Hooker, Francis and Ambrose down back for Essendon, I can see why they may consider letting Hurley go for the right price.

Hookers about to turn 31 and looks fried to me.

I still don’t really see the play from the bombers perspective, unless they want to clear the decks to throw the kitchen sink at wines.

I’ll keep digging to try and understand more, but we’re 100% pushing for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back