Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the silence on Bruce would be coming down to one simple thing, the Saints probably aren’t answering any calls right now due to all the other balls they have in the air. I’m sure our recruiting guys said one year that a deal took a while purely because the other club was so busy on other stuff and they generally handled one deal at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the silence on Bruce would be coming down to one simple thing, the Saints probably aren’t answering any calls right now due to all the other balls they have in the air. I’m sure our recruiting guys said one year that a deal took a while purely because the other club was so busy on other stuff and they generally handled one deal at a time.

Yep they need to agree what Swans want for Jones and whether Cats or us will give it to them for Steven and Bruce. They seem very reliant on goodwill from a number of clubs to get their business done. Brad Hill should be over with today one way or another. Not sure why Keath is taking so long.

Yep they need to agree what Swans want for Jones and whether Cats or us will give it to them for Steven and Bruce. They seem very reliant on goodwill from a number of clubs to get their business done. Brad Hill should be over with today one way or another. Not sure why Keath is taking so long.

It’s a lot of work to do in a small amount of time. I think St Kilda, Freo, and to an extent Carlton, have made this period a bit of a mess. I’m confident we’ll get it all sorted though.

Wouldnt be against picking up Schareberg on the cheap. Easton Wood is getting on and Shaz would be a handy replacement. High risk/High reward but good clubs take calculated risks to improve long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything you said I agree with. But pick 6 + a future second (especially from a club that shouldnt make the top 8) is a big haul.

Freo would want to hope they can eek out something better though.

The saints might have also cast their net too wide. I feel the Howard trade will be tricky. They have gone for broke by chasing 2 players who are contracted for multiple years to go.

The Ben King trade going to be super difficult as well.
No way they have enough capital to satisfy Suns for next year

Putting my money on Keath getting done today too

ba43ebe075666116b3c047bb5d68f928.jpg

There is no need to panic in regards to not approaching a offer to Keath. He should be the easiest deal. So work on Bruce/ getting another second rounder then see what we have left.

Would like Bonar but doesn’t look like we’re getting involved there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's hard to know. I guess the club is aware the supporters want to know what is going on but what information is let out depends on the need to keep somethings confidential, not showing your hand and maybe not wanting to be seen as chasing after anybody and everybody. I have been hoping we are at least letting players like Howard, Martin and Butler know we "could be" interested but understand if the club doesn'"t see the need to brsaodcast it just to keep me happy. Trust in the club i guess.

I'm nervous about the bombers. They can offload an injury prone Daniher and get Bruce and still have a nice bunch of change from the deal.

Hayes doesn't own the other wing, he was lucky to beat some others at selection and there were injuries. E.g., Bailey Williams, Caleb Daniel, Lin Jong, Tom Liberatore, etc. We are chockers with small to medium mids/wingers.
No we aren't. We desperately need a second wing to pair with Hunter. We tried a number of players this year with little success.

Has Fisher played much wing though? I recall he goes into the middle quite a lot. They really are different positions these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back