Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (NGA - top 5)
Ewan MacPherson (FS - 20-35)
Nick Stevens (NGA - 20-35)
Cody Raak (NGA - 40+)

Stevens and MacPherson could both go first round if they continue improving at the rate they are. Ugle-Hagan will likely be top 3

Stevens is a teens pick. Really training hard and impressive off field.
MacPherson has been captain of everything but is more a 25-35 pick.

THE WESTERN Bulldogs remain unwilling to include their top draft selection – No.13 – in any negotiations for potential incoming bookends Josh Bruce and Alex Keath.

Bruce's worth is a polarising discussion, and St Kilda football boss Simon Lethlean told reporters on the opening day of the Telstra AFL Trade Period that pick 32 was not "appropriate" for him.

The problem is the Dogs' sole selection before that is 13, which they believe is too much for the 27-year-old key forward, who's kicked 36 or more goals in four of the past five seasons.

They are also reluctant to part with a future first- or second-round pick, because their Next Generation Academy prospect Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, a tall forward, is a possible top-five choice next year.

The Dogs think their No.45 pick is about right for Keath, an offer the Crows greeted with the same resistance as St Kilda with Bruce.

Part of that is based on the fact Brisbane last year sent No.32 and a future third-round selection to the Bulldogs for defender Marcus Adams, who is 18 months younger than Keath.

One solution that could be beneficial for all three clubs is for the Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath, a deal that values him just shy of pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index.

It would be closer to what the Crows want for Keath and they'd suddenly have a second first-round pick to accelerate their rebuild.

The Bulldogs could then present 28 to the Saints for Bruce, and St Kilda could flip that selection to Sydney for Jones.

Alternatively, all four teams could be involved in the one trade – but it all depends on the Western Bulldogs budging.
What shits me, is why aren’t we trading any players out? Does Bevo and Power rate every player on our list? Get ****ed. Throw up some firewood ffs 😡

What shits me, is why aren’t we trading any players out? Does Bevo and Power rate every player on our list? Get f’ed. Throw up some firewood ffs 😡

Who do you consider "firewood" and what value would you attach to them?

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (NGA - top 5)
Ewan MacPherson (FS - 20-35)
Nick Stevens (NGA - 20-35)
Cody Raak (NGA - 40+)

Stevens and MacPherson could both go first round if they continue improving at the rate they are. Ugle-Hagan will likely be top 3
Thanks

Seems like you need a truck loads of points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you trade for future picks with current picks?
It wouldn't surprise me. We have three 3rd rounders, so depending on what's left over after trading for Bruce and Keath, we may look to shift some points into next year. May not have much spare if we really don't want to lose our 1st this year though, unless we have a surprise player departure (at this stage, no players of value have been linked to other clubs)

Plus i dont think we have many depth players that other clubs would want. Wallis is the only one i could see having currency.
I'd consider McLean depth when Libba is fit, especially since West should make his way into the side. McLean would probably be our most valuable spare player (late 1st / early 2nd imo)

It wouldn't surprise me. We have three 3rd rounders, so depending on what's left over after trading for Bruce and Keath, we may look to shift some points into next year. May not have much spare if we really don't want to lose our 1st this year though, unless we have a surprise player departure (at this stage, no players of value have been linked to other clubs)
At the moment, Fremantle have 2020 two seconds and a third.

Just bored and for a mental exercise come up with a trade situation.

Like most in here they must love this apparent “depth”

Anyone that pulls on the red white and blue is a jet
Not true, but it can make sense to keep deadwood. Firstly they’re cheap. Means you can keep more players on big coin. Secondly they’re good clubmen, good for morale. Thirdly they know the players, systems so less education/chemistry generation required. Lastly they can be kept on one year deals so we can make more list changes next year. If we delist a guy like Porter now, that means bringing in a guy with like one of the last picks in the draft. On a 2 year deal. So 2 years of deadwood vs 1.

You can make the argument that it’s better to take a chance on an unknown quantity than keep someone we likely know won’t make it. But there’s logic behind both arguments. With 4 academy prospects next year, means we need at least 4 guys to chop next year. Guys like Suckling, Jong, Porter and Lynch will likely fill that need.

I'd consider McLean depth when Libba is fit, especially since West should make his way into the side. McLean would probably be our most valuable spare player (late 1st / early 2nd imo)
If McLean is ‘depth’ then we’re in a frigging good position. It wasn’t so long ago that he was being touted as a potential star. He’s been moved around a bit and his form has suffered. At 23 years old he is still young enough to improve. Maybe I’m biased and sentimental but I’d be gutted if we moved him on. The lad is a Dog through and through.

If McLean is ‘depth’ then we’re in a frigging good position. It wasn’t so long ago that he was being touted as a potential star. He’s been moved around a bit and his form has suffered. At 23 years old he is still young enough to improve. Maybe I’m biased and sentimental but I’d be gutted if we moved him on. The lad is a Dog through and through.
Just depth at the moment, but not long term. As soon as Libba is done, he is longer depth in my opinion. Has huge upside and would hate to lose him unless we get overs

Blocking someone over being challenged with a difference of opinion? Who would do that?....
Why not? It's standard government operating procedure.
Why should BF be any different?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back