Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of Bulldogs, Saints or AFLPA with a VFL gig at Footscray.

As Mr VitalDread, I believe, indicated previously, young Jordan is likely to end up on a reduced 1 year contract with assisted passage into AFLW/VFL coaching roles, and I'm sure an AFLPA career may await him as well. He is a young man of great character, friendly, inclusive, and will deservedly do well in life.

Ho hum

Hate to say it but looks like we will do f@rk all and go to the draft again with people saying pick 6 is SOOOOOO much better than a 2 time AA player and blah blah

Sam Power better start doing something because he presently look like an utter utter bust, thrown all his eggs in one basket that has a paper bottom

On a different tack - we don't seem to ever be interested in left field Cat B rookies or Irish recruits.

Maybe some unsuccessful dabbles in years gone by (Collons mark I? Irish guy) and Tweedie have put this type of recruiting to bed at the kennel?

Ho hum

Hate to say it but looks like we will do f@rk all and go to the draft again with people saying pick 6 is SOOOOOO much better than a 2 time AA player and blah blah

Sam Power better start doing something because he presently look like an utter utter bust, thrown all his eggs in one basket that has a paper bottom
Hopefully it isn't the case, still early

Bit nervous on Sam Power

Ho hum

Surely you'd wait at least until next Wed, before peddling that line out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a good trade for St Kilda. Would have loved something like that for Roughead.

Carlton have done well with the McGovern stuff too

Carlton gave up 600 points in their trade for Sydneys 13.

I'd be pretty happy if I were Sydney.

They seem to love getting top end players but can't seem to manage to find any good foot soldiers.

Not sure it is conducive to building a good team.

Ho hum

Agreed.

While we're at it, I'm ready to sack whoever we take in the draft this year.

None of them have even touched the ball so far...

Ho hum

tenor.gif

Loooonnnnggg time left in the trade period MD. Let's see what happens by finish time before calling Power a bust...

Michaelangelo Ritchie said that this years first, next years second AND a player will get it done lol
Jesus, why not throw in Macrae as well...
Ho hum

Surely later in trade week a few more " significant trades" will shake out of the trees regardless of the Wingard outcome. We cant go thru trade week and end up with a Lloyd or similar trade with our age profile? That would be a disaster

Surely you'd wait at least until next Wed, before peddling that line out?

When our name is connected to two players in a trade period we said we would be very active in I would think most of us would be pretty unimpressed so far

It also looks like we have gone all in for one player and he is holding everything up AND we probably won’t get him. So do we wait until next week for an answer from Wingard and do a scramble trade like Scache again and preened that was always the goal?

Ho hum

Do you think it would be different with Jason McCartney? I doubt it.

Do you think it would be different with Jason McCartney? I doubt it.

So that makes it acceptable ????

Power still has time but so far he is an D- and the list is worse than when he started. Let’s hope he can change that before Wednesday

Carlton gave up 600 points in their trade for Sydneys 13.

I'd be pretty happy if I were Sydney.

They seem to love getting top end players but can't seem to manage to find any good foot soldiers.

Not sure it is conducive to building a good team.
They did amazing hey.
Essentially turned 13 into 26, 28 & 40.

When we traded 11 for got 20,21 and had to swap our 3rd rounder for Carlton’s 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back