Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you Fronk but May would be a great pick up for our young defenders in Cordy & Naughton, all of a sudden they take the 2nd and 3rd forwards and it's not nearly as terrifying.
Spot on and Young or Cordy may go forward when needed, thus not having a massive need for another tall forward if we can develop a swingman for that role

Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to make it though

Ayce was an elite junior/prospect and didn't make it

Imo kids that tall who aren't genuine ruckman are more than often busts than guns

How's the McKay boys going? They're around the 200cm mark, the Carlton one only just started getting a game this year while the N0rf one hasn't been sighted, both highly rated yet shown not much yet
I’m not sure anyone at 17/18 is a guaranteed afl ruckman. I get your drift, there is a higher risk with talls. But if Ben King is best available at 7 then we take him and he does have a few strings to his bow. A 2 metre sub 3 second 20 m sprint is a weapon. I’d prefer Smith or Rozee.

Didn't Scully have the same glory hunting attitude when he left the Dees?

I enjoy that he thinksthe Hawks are close to a flag rather than a cliff.

Last edited:
I’m not sure anyone at 17/18 is a guaranteed afl ruckman. I get your drift, there is a higher risk with talls. But if Ben King is best available at 7 then we take him and he does have a few strings to his bow. A 2 metre sub 3 second 20 m sprint is a weapon. I’d prefer Smith or Rozee.
I'd prefer Smith or Rozee too over him

Just feel his height and the fact he's an absolute beanpole goes against him considering what we've already experienced with similar sized players in the past

If he or his brother turns out to be decent then trade for them in the future, but I'm suss taking guys that tall who ain't rucks

Give me your 6 foot 4 Naughton types every day of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll put any club on as long as the club wants to/agrees to. Beats then going round in circles and dead air. Don’t think our guys appearing when Damo on though.

*shock intensifies*

You and I see failure very differently.
Failure is a chance to try harder and go again. That only happens if you aren't delusional enough to recognize that you've failed.
If that's the way you're seeing it, then we really aren't seeing the situation all that differently- it didn't work out so we should have another go.

Others who have had a go at power/the club and called them incompetent seem to have taken it too far. If failure is supposed to be a chance to try harder, then criticism should be constructive.

Don’t understand the logic of players saying they want to go to a club due to being succesful.

We can from the clouds to win the premiership, Richmond came from 13th to win and the eagles were tipped for the spoon.

About 14 clubs can win it in any given year.

Not all footballers make incredibly short term poorly though out decisions resulting from a low level of intelligence, but some do.

Tom Browne very confident now on Scully to the Hawks. Trade will be straightforward, expected to be a low value pick due to his ankle issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back