Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Brisbane's talks with the Western Bulldogs about contracted defender Marcus Adams are at a preliminary stage. It's understood the Bulldogs are seeking a pick in the 20s, but Lions' second draft selection does not fall until No.32 while they could instead look to use one of their next two picks, 41 and 44.
lol
Brisbane receive Marcus Adams and pick 45
Bulldogs receive picks 32, 41 and 55.

Does that get it done?

Effectively, that would be the equal to receiving pick 22 for Adams in a straight swap. That's fair for a contracted injury prone 25-year-old KPP who has shown enough to suggest, if injury free, he could be All Australian standard.

Loyd as the sole mature recruit .. who we still cannot get over the line ..

now that is a big failure

Pretty sure I read an interview last year that basically said that they move from one negotiation to the next in order of importance and complexity, rather than working on multiple things in parallel. I’d hazard a guess that the Lloyd trade would have already been agreed in principle before the trade period started.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does that get it done?

Effectively, that would be the equal to receiving pick 22 for Adams in a straight swap. That's fair for a contracted injury prone 25-year-old KPP who has shown enough to suggest, if injury free, he could be All Australian standard.

No.

We need less picks, not more picks. Every pick you use for points, you have to use to draft a player at the draft. This is a super poor outcome for us.

Lions future second & third rounders are much more useful.

Lions choose to trade away a pick in their twenties, we asked for a pick in the twenties.... they can pay more or stick their picks up their ......

The Kelly, Hogan and Neale deals all seem to be holding up the Beams and May deals. Couple clubs struggling this trade period with negotiations it seems. If we thought our club was struggling - please take a look at Fremantle. Stupidly tried to bluff with Hogan and are asking for overs for Neale. Tim Kelly would rather stay homesick for another year than go to Freo says a lot .

No.

We need less picks, not more picks. Every pick you use for points, you have to use to draft a player at the draft. This is a super poor outcome for us.

Lions future second & third rounders are much more useful.

Lions choose to trade away a pick in their twenties, we asked for a pick in the twenties.... they can pay more or stick their picks up their ......

That’s not completely accurate you don’t need to use the pick to draft a player but you have to have a list spot available to use the points

Have a feeling we’re only gonna end up with Duryea, Lloyd and a pick upgrade in the top 30. Disappointing but there’s not much left. I’ll be stoked with Bailey Smith at 7 though if he slides to us.

It is almost certain that any media summary of the clubs trade period will include a phrase along the lines of “after going hard but failing to secure the services of Wingard” followed by something along the lines of “they turned their attention to [draft/player]”. I anticipate most would find that a fair description.
Yes, it would be. I don't think it was the use of the word failure that got so many of us up in arms- it was the associated bashing of power and the club by some posters, not you.

Jordan Murdoch....what’s happening to him. Has experience, decent grab, strength and pace but maybe short on awareness. Could he pop on a wing with Hunter to spend more time forward? Doubt he’d cost much

Does that get it done?

It’s not pick 22 though is it. If Brisbane want their man, they need to be doing the legwork in turning those picks into something more enticing to us. Adams is a decent player and he’s under contract. We shouldn’t be giving him away.

Loyd as the sole mature recruit .. who we still cannot get over the line ..

now that is a big failure

Congratulations in a week full of unrestrained navel gazing pessimism this may be the most pessimistic post we've had.

There's no urgency because this trade has been agreed to by all parties and that it will come at minimal cost as a good will gesture to give an otherwise good clubman more opportunities to play senior football.

The club could always trade for the sake of it, to assuage our restless big footy page refreshers in the desperate need to feel involved in the process or because we have appalling list management practices like GWS I guess. Id rather we reach and miss a specific target than piss away a prime early draft pick just so that our fans don't see our trade period as a "failure."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you do realise that the club has vowed to get more experienced not alot less experienced

a s**t showing next year will translate badly

So, apart from Wingard, who do you want?

Which of the players that have moved clubs already in trades would you have wanted at our club? Lynch would be handy but who else?

Congratulations in a week full of unrestrained navel gazing pessimism this may be the most pessimistic post we've had.

There's no urgency because this trade has been agreed to by all parties and that it will come at minimal cost as a good will gesture to give an otherwise good clubman more opportunities to play senior football.

The club could always trade for the sake of it, to assuage our restless big footy page refreshers in the desperate need to feel involved in the process or because we have appalling list management practices like GWS I guess. Id rather we reach and miss a specific target than piss away a prime early draft pick just so that our fans don't see our trade period as a "failure."

Cool story but your first sentence is crap and you know it.

i am more than happy taking pick 7 to the draft but there is no point hanging onto the Dahlhaus pick because it will be eaten by West and if Adams goes for a pick this year it will also be downgraded for West and Khamis ... so they should be traded to maximise our position.

The club also said it would be active to bring in some experience so i dont think it will be happy with a fringe Tiger only if it ends that way.

So, apart from Wingard, who do you want?

Which of the players that have moved clubs already in trades would you have wanted at our club? Lynch would be handy but who else?

I'll bite. Not that we were ever linked but you don't think Shiel, McGovern, Setterfield, Scully, Polec, May among others would also be handy even if some do not think they are required?

I'll bite. Not that we were ever linked but you don't think Shiel, McGovern, Setterfield, Scully, Polec, May among others would also be handy even if some do not think they are required?

So if Hawthorn are prepared to give up Burton for Wingard, which of our young guns were you prepared to lose? Williams, Naughton, Richards.

Jordan Murdoch....what’s happening to him. Has experience, decent grab, strength and pace but maybe short on awareness. Could he pop on a wing with Hunter to spend more time forward? Doubt he’d cost much
Have you watched him play? He’s awful. It’s a travesty Geelong played him as much as they did.

This Libba ordeal has been hilarious. It's become a game of Where's Libba?.

Is he hanging out with Dahl, getting cooked and posting regrettable content on instagram? Overseas? Is he back training? Or is he overseas again? King Street? Signing a contract? Read the numerous BF 'sources' and try to figure it out!
Considering it's Libba. All of those are correct.

So if Hawthorn are prepared to give up Burton for Wingard, which of our young guns were you prepared to lose? Williams, Naughton, Richards.
Think those 3 have greater upside to Burton to be honest .. they only have to give up Burton because they dont have suitable picks on their own .. we have a pick to help them move into the top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back