Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that crocmedia can fit more ads in and for some inexplicable reason give more airtime to Sam McClure.
He's a joke. They have people call in with potential trade scenarios for their comment (admittedly some pretty convoluted ones), and his typical response to the caller is "hmm an interesting one" or something similar. He then totally changes the subject and basically ignores the caller, because he doesn't have the brainpower to even attempt to unpack their thoughts.

He has to be the most mentally vacant media performer on the air.

Why does trade week(s) go so long? Because the actual trading of players is a peripheral to the AFL's goal of dominating the media cycle. Something that has proven to be a correct strategy when you consider how much moaning fans do about a ridiculously drawn out process. There is no reason whatsoever in their mind to contract trade week(s) down to an easily achievable few days as in their view its all going swimmingly to plan. Something proven by the fact that web traffic for AFL related news sites is at its greatest and growing exponentially at this time of year.

He's a joke. They have people call in with potential trade scenarios for their comment (admittedly some pretty convoluted ones), and his typical response to the caller is "hmm an interesting one" or something similar. He then totally changes the subject and basically ignores the caller, because he doesn't have the brainpower to even attempt to unpack their thoughts.

Every time I've heard Dal Santo talk he pauses, considers it like he's about to undertake delicate brain surgery and then waffle for about 10 minutes.

Just dawned on LM team that Richmond list manager referring to Lloyd as 'Matthew' during negotiations was a joke, and we have in fact NOT traded for a former full forward. Sad.

I have to say I'll be very happy if no major trades happen in the next few days just so all these afl "journalists" have nothing to justify the 100000 pages of meaningless waffle they've put out over the last couple of weeks. The afl trying to pump this up to the point it's as big as the actual season is sickening.

Why does trade week(s) go so long? Because the actual trading of players is a peripheral to the AFL's goal of dominating the media cycle. Something that has proven to be a correct strategy when you consider how much moaning fans do about a ridiculously drawn out process. There is no reason whatsoever in their mind to contract trade week(s) down to an easily achievable few days as in their view its all going swimmingly to plan. Something proven by the fact that web traffic for AFL related news sites is at its greatest and growing exponentially at this time of year.

And proven by the amount of posts on these threads although we should probably exclude the pothole posts as they were somewhat off topic.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I fail to see the problem? Fanmade trade scenarios actually drain brainpower.

In the minority here.

Don't mind Sam McClure.
I feel like I have to clarify here.

Relatively, Sam isn't that bad. But I don't need to hear him 3 hours in the morning and an extra hour at night, he's not that valuable a commodity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do people here rate the trade radio segments? Like in order from best to worse? Choosing from the following:

Kane Cornes & Matthew Lloyd
Sam McClure & Nick Dal Santo
Tristan Foenander, Jimmy Bartel & Callum Twomey
Damien Barratt & Terry Wallace
Jack Heverin & Matt Thompson
Sam McClure & Brent Harvey

we still have to pay for west and khamis. so those m
32 and 45ish will be used to cover points for West and Khamis though. Most likely we'll have picks in the 70s as they no longer have point values.

I dont understand how this point thing works. Obviously you cant package up picks from rounds 4+5+6 to pay for a high profile recruit.

How many low picks can you add together to get a higher number? at what point does it 'cut off' or whatever?

Like, imagine we traded a round 2 pick for someone elses two round 3s and two round 4s - could we then package up our own s**t picks as well to get west with three rounds 3s and three round 4s? a total of six s**t picks? (assuming the numbers add up)

Or does it basically just come down to the fact that all the s**t picks in the world wont add up to a big number, so its self limiting?

How do people here rate the trade radio segments? Like in order from best to worse? Choosing from the following:

Kane Cornes & Matthew Lloyd

Kane Cornes & Matthew Lloyd (love Lloyd, can't stand Cornes)

Is Glaeken actually Romanian for Scrag City by any chance?
:p

Good pick up on the Romanian, and while Scrag and I may share a hyper-spatial cosmic connectedness, we do in fact inhabit separate bodies...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(Wilson_novel)
"An immortal man calling himself "Glenn," whose real name is Glaeken, is a reluctant champion of the ancient Forces of Light."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(film)

Do yourself a favour, it's a cult classic!

How anyone can complain about using pick 68 is baffling.. it would be used to upgrade our rookies so is a freebie.

At least Loyd was first in line at RICHMOND as opposed to Hall who couldn't get a game for GOLD COAST

You think Aaron Hall wasn't getting a game at GC????

And I don't think anyone is complaining about using 68, they're arguing that he's worth more than 68 as we used 64 on Sam Lloyd, who most would see as an inferior player....

How anyone can complain about using pick 68 is baffling.. it would be used to upgrade our rookies so is a freebie.

At least Loyd was first in line at RICHMOND as opposed to Hall who couldn't get a game for GOLD COAST

Pretty sure Hall was still in their 22. Had good 16/17 seasons and just couldn't get his body right this season. He's worth more than LLoyd but a fair bit.

Aaron Hall for 68 is a ******* steal. Criminal by the Roos.
What the hell are Gold Coast doing?

Whilst I think it’s a steal for the roos - I think it says a lot about Hall and where he’s at. Unreal talent yet not many clubs came knocking and the suns were happy to accept pick 68.

He and the wider football commentariat are not really interested in the views of their talkback callers who lets face it are only there to give them a break from blathering on for hours between ads. Its also their view that talkback callers, people that use Internet forums like this one or indeed social media users in general are completely lacking in any sort of insight into the game that only true insiders like them possess.

Its a contempt that works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back