Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be incredibly surprised that if it didn't have a relatively easy-to-reach trigger for another year. One both parties saw Libba returning to the club, doing his rehab professionally after returning from overseas, it was us wanting 1 year and Libba wanting 3. Therefore I think the 2nd year is going to be a pretty easy to hit trigger.

Would be incredibly surprised that if it didn't have a relatively easy-to-reach trigger for another year. One both parties saw Libba returning to the club, doing his rehab professionally after returning from overseas, it was us wanting 1 year and Libba wanting 3. Therefore I think the 2nd year is going to be a pretty easy to hit trigger.
Plus the possibility of playing with his brother should keep him around anyway. Assuming he wants to play on in a years time.

Watching that I can't help but feel that Libba and his agent have pushed until the last minute for a better (longer?) deal, Power hasn't budged and he's finally signed a 1 year deal due to the lack of options. Pure supposition but that's how it looks to me.

you got all that from a 7 second video?

Jesse Lonergan delisted by GC. Been a massive disappoint but I really liked what I saw of him early (tbf havent seen him much lately) and we know how hard it must be for players to develop up there. Worth a shot or is he just a flat out bust?

Jesse Lonergan delisted by GC. Been a massive disappoint but I really liked what I saw of him early (tbf havent seen him much lately) and we know how hard it must be for players to develop up there. Worth a shot or is he just a flat out bust?

Loved him early days too. Had nice power and breakaway speed from the contest.

Jesse is a good friend of mine. High character guy. Very professional. Gold Coasts medical team are horse s**t.

Would be great in our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse is a good friend of mine. High character guy. Very professional. Gold Coasts medical team are horse s**t.

Would be great in our midfield.

I don't think we as a club can call anyone else's medical team horse s**t given the monkeys running our show.

To be delisted by the suns in their current state surely is a bit too concerning.. not ragging on your mate Dale4captain, but just seems like a legitimate red flag...

A fit and firing Libba gets us back into finals contention imo.
No, a fit Wood and Morris allows our back 6 to be settled with Naughton and Cordy, guys like Suckling, Richards and Williams can be moved up the ground.

Continued and natural improvement from guys like Dunkley McLean Williams Lynch Lipinski Dale getting more midfield minutes.

Boyd schache and English playing as much football ball together, working out our each other plays ect.

Wallis Gowers Lloyd Dickson fit and fighting for those limited forward spots

Hunter Bont and macrae having the years we have come to expect from them.

These are all the reasons for us to improve in 2019, a fit and firing Libba is just a bonus and that’s a good place to be in.

I would hope the main "trigger" for a contract extension for Libba would be his knee holding up ok.

I've never understood where Lonergan having "breakaway pace" came from. I've certainly never seen it and he tested consistently poorly for speed, particularly over the first 5-10m IIRC. He's very strong through the body but I haven't really seen that translate into ball-winning capacity and his (imo) lack of speed limits him on the outside. I see a stronger Lukas Webb with far worse disposal, personally.

Load management was horrendous
We've recruited a new strength and conditioning guy. I hope they're good.
Australia actually produce some of the best s & c candidates who move overseas for good gigs.

I had such high hopes for the VU alignment, it appears to be one of those things us fans can't measure the success of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back