Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Did you see the amount of people saying that we should consider Goddard as a free agent to give us experience? Like there was a decent number of posters that floated that idea.
It's called the bible effect, tell one bullsh*t story to someone dumb enough to believe it. That person tells another, and another until there is enough people who believe it, that it must be true. Now everyone talks about it :D

Even then I didn't fall for the Goddard rumors, because there is something near non existent with todays society, its called common sense. Goddad playing for us makes next to zero sense, to old, to slow, no longer the impact player he was, and a gap fill for a year on a team trying to develop a long term list? Yeah doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reading about Hawthorns recent success
with Aboriginal players .l feel envy.Sure
they have more money to put a system in place.But we have Mangrook.Come on Stan and crew talk to Gordon and make it happen.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
It's called the bible effect, tell one bullsh*t story to someone dumb enough to believe it. That person tells another, and another until there is enough people who believe it, that it must be true. Now everyone talks about it :D

Even then I didn't fall for the Goddard rumors, because there is something near non existent with todays society, its called common sense. Goddad playing for us makes next to zero sense, to old, to slow, no longer the impact player he was, and a gap fill for a year on a team trying to develop a long term list? Yeah doesn't make sense to me.
i heard Bevo will offer Akermanis a contract to play again for the doggies. Better rumour than the Goddard one.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lukas Webb still in a neckbrace. Not looking great.
The medical report the club put out on November 19 said he'd be re-assessed in 8 weeks, which meant mid-January. I wouldn't expect any change until then but if he's still wearing it in a month's time you'd think it hasn't healed as hoped and he's a long shot to make it back in any capacity.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The medical report the club put out on November 19 said he'd be re-assessed in 8 weeks, which meant mid-January. I wouldn't expect any change until then but if he's still wearing it in a month's time you'd think it hasn't healed as hoped and he's a long shot to make it back in any capacity.

If Webb does not make it back, does that mean he would retire/end up on the long term injury list and we can rookie a former AFL player?

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
If Webb does not make it back, does that mean he would retire/end up on the long term injury list and we can rookie a former AFL player?

It would indeed, a pity Carlton appear to have nabbed Gibbons.

Got to feel for Webb, a rotten way for your career to end

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You are only as good as your last game.

Round 23 Versus Richmond at the MCG.

Rank 1- Jackson Macrae 190 Points *** Rank 35- Dustin Martin 115 Points
Rank 10- Lachlan Hunter 131 Points *** Rank 38- Jack Graham 112 Points
Rank 11- Marcus Bontempelli 130 Points *** Rank 49- Toby Nankervis 107 Points
Rank 31- Josh Dunkley 117 Points *** Rank 86- Jack Riewoldt 92 Points
Rank 42- Jackson Trengove 111 Points *** Rank 109- Dion Prestia 85 Points
Rank 72- Caleb Daniel 97 Points *** Rank 136- Jason Castagna 81 Points
Rank 86- Hayden Crozier 92 Points *** Rank 169- Reece Conca 75 Points
Rank 101- Billy Gowers 87 Points *** Rank 198- Brandon Ellis 70 Points
Rank 131- Jason Johannisen 82 Points *** Rank 198- Bachar Houli 70 Points
Rank 140- Toby McLean 80 Points *** Rank 211- Shaun Grigg 68 Points
Rank 150- Mitch Wallis 79 Points *** Rank 224- Nick Vlastuin 66 Points
Rank 161- Aaron Naughton 77 Points *** Rank 229- Kamdyn McIntosh 65 Points
Rank 164- Bradley Lynch 76 Points *** Rank 265- Jack Higgins 59 Points
Rank 180- Bailey Williams 74 Points *** Rank 284- Trent Cotchin 56 Points
Rank 205- Easton Wood 69 Points *** Rank 314- Dylan Grimes 50 Points
Rank 262- Jordan Roughead 60 Points *** Rank 328- Daniel Rioli 47 Points
Rank 298- Roarke Smith 53 Points *** Rank 333- Josh Caddy 46 Points
Rank 333- Josh Schache 46 Points *** Rank 340- Shane Edwards 45 Points
Rank 352- Ed Richards 42 Points *** Rank 340- Alex Rance 45 Points
Rank 374- Fergus Greene 33 Points *** Rank 352 Jayden Short 42 Points
Rank 379- Patrick Lipinski 29 Points *** Rank 360 David Astbury 38 Points
Rank 391- Dale Morris 21 Points *** Rank 393- Nathan Broad 16 Points

Western Bulldogs- 1,776 Points *** Richmond- 1,450 Points

Richmond- 15 Goals, 8 Behinds = 98 Defeated Western Bulldogs 14 Goals, 11 Behinds = 95 ???

Players 1 to 6 = 776 Points *** Players 1 to 6 = 592 Points
Players 7 to 12 = 497 Points *** Players 7 to 12 = 414 Points
Players 13 to 18 = 378 Points *** Players 13 to 18 = 303 Points
Players 19 to 22 = 125 Points *** Players 19 to 22 = 141 Points

On the Yojimbo scoring system of blind statistical analysis where I use the amount of players who
score 100 Points ( 5 to 3 ) in the Dogs favour and the first team to fall to the 70 point mark or
below, Tigers (Brandon Ellis) Dogs (Easton Wood), I declare the Bulldogs the winners of this game
by between 25 and 35 Points. Now we must start to win these games and definitely not lose them
when faced with such statistical dominance, our possession heat map must look like a tadpole
with it's head firmly in the back half of the ground and it's tail just creeping into the forward fifty.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Adelaide are coming hard for Bailey Williams.

He is a must keep IMO. Soooo close to taking the step up to being one of our best players.

The real test of our list manager is coming, needs to lock up players like Naughton, English, Williams - as the interstate raiders are watching...

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He is a must keep IMO. Soooo close to taking the step up to being one of our best players.

We can offer a better contract, the young lad has been here for 3 years now, he is settled here, he's his own man here, he's cut the apron strings. He knows Adelaide and Port didn't rate him in his draft year, he knows we spotted his talent.

We're going to be toasting Bailey W with a Baileys for many years yet.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

In these modern times we should take it as a massive compliment and do everything we can to retain the young
man, but in reality we cut players every year and sometimes one mans junk is another mans treasure. We are
coming hard for Josh Kelly, but so is half the competition, perhaps GWS knew that they were destined to be
the new first stop for trades, but what has the AFL really created ?

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If GWS could win a premiership soon they could become a destination club If they don't all I see them is being a Feeder club which may keep them in finals through all the high draft picks.
Though but never really in contention as soon as the young high draft picks prove themselves they boot off for the big contract offers from other club's

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
If GWS could win a premiership soon they could become a destination club If they don't all I see them is being a Feeder club which may keep them in finals through all the high draft picks.
Though but never really in contention as soon as the young high draft picks prove themselves they boot off for the big contract offers from other club's

Yeah, they have to win this year otherwise that's 7 years of an almost unprecedented amount of talent wasted.

Citydog

Debutant
May 6, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Phrasing...
unnamed.gif

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Josh Kelly sounding very much like he’s staying at GWS. It was always a pipe dream.
I'm still of the belief that the price we'd have to pay for Kelly isn't justified, considering midfielders are the very last position we should be recruiting for. It would be great to add an elite player to the list, but that still does little to help the fact that our forwards can't convert and our Key Defender depth is getting thinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back