Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Elliot looks to have returned to some great form now that he's fit. Would we consider him as a Free Agent next year? Presumably we'll be without Dickson in 2020. Or, does Lipinski have more upside to a fit Elliot?
The highly likely factor of more durability to begin with. Elliots back issues will most likely prohibit him from being durable.
Granted Elliots ceiling is higher I just don't see him being on the park regularly.

If the swans paid 40% of Buddy’s remaining contract, would we do it?

If we made finals and we’re looking for that extra boost then 100%

He’d teach Schache, Boyd and Naughton so much. He’d make our forward line 10x more damaging, whether he’s playing up the ground or deep. I trust bevo not to build a forward structure that relies on him. It’d also mean Naughton gets the second defender and would be garunteed to dominate games. He feels like a great pairing to buddy.

That plus the market value of having him at the club. I don’t care if he’s past his prime or costs a first round draft pick. He could win us a flag for sure!

I do think we are more likely than any other club to pull that trigger. It would be very exciting if we did!!!

Of course they'd need to pay a reasonable chunk of that contract.

I can’t understand why we would need him, we won a flag against him when he was at his best so how would a rapidly aging Buddy get us another ?

Just wish we selected him instead of Griffen in the first place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The general talk seems to be that clubs will be more likely to target KKP in the mid season draft, given many teams will be comfortable with their midfield depths, and the chance to grab a decent one when they are harder to find. As much as Gardner would be tempting, the chances of him not being there at our pick is quite high. That being said, a few early mid season draft analysis puts us as needing a KPP defender as priority.

If Naughton plays forward, then we need a KP defender.

Any worth considering?
I reckon Sam Day from the suns could be a good get if you can get his body right. Can play at either end (or even chop out in the ruck). Rory Thompson is also an option (would probably struggle to get back in ahead of Collins & Hombsch now), although might to wait and see how returns from an ACL.

On the Small forward front we should throw some bucks at Jack Petruccelle
He has some serious speed and can find the goal.
Eagles would want a bit but they are well stocked in the Small forward department so may be willing to trade and he is a Melbourne boy

Last edited:
Read in Herald Sun this morning

- Dunkley has been offerred new deal and it's anticipated he will re-sign
- liber is expected to re-sign also.
- Webb is out of contract but is one of the good news stories at the club with good VFL form after a serious injury but is out of contract year end
- B.Dale is out of contract year end. Given he is a talent but has had injuries hampering his ability to play will be interesting how Dogs price him and value they give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back