Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll lose all faith in this club if we sign Ed Curnow. The blokes a worse decision maker than Ben Cousins. He’s stealing a living.
He'd be a nice VFL player while his brother teams up with Naughton in the seniors, that's more to the point ;)

Heard rumours a few weeks ago of Wright close to re-signing with GC. Would love to lure him over to play next to Naughton...

we don't need any more kids this year and next years 1st for Moore and there 2nd would do me nicely

Moore’s headed towards an all-Australian selection in a team that wants to be challenging over the next few years and in a position that they don’t have much depth in. As much as I’d love him we’d have to give up a lot more than a 2nd to 1st upgrade.

Heard rumours a few weeks ago of Wright close to re-signing with GC. Would love to lure him over to play next to Naughton...
He sounded likely to stay in the last interview I read about him.

He's good overhead and times his leads well but not very quick. Very good second ruck option.

Dogs are right into Harry Mc Kay. Don't know what he is on at Carlton, but I have heard it is a piss in the ocean to what the dogs are prepared to give him. Signed a contract extension last year, but the Dogs reckon they can get him.

Imagine the state of dogs fans after a decade of no key forward presence to have not one but TWO contested marking beasts in Naughton and McKay!! Crowd noise at Marvel would be an extended orgasm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are right into Harry Mc Kay. Don't know what he is on at Carlton, but I have heard it is a piss in the ocean to what the dogs are prepared to give him. Signed a contract extension last year, but the Dogs reckon they can get him.
Oh boyyyyy. I know you get good info Gordo so this is exciting.

Pretty much the ideal forward for us isnt he. He plays quite a lot of 2nd ruck doesnt he? How does he go in that role?

A set up with Naughty the main man, Mckay forward/2nd ruck and Schach getting the 3rd defender is bloody mouth watering. Its more than mobile enough, Naughty and Mckay taking contested marks for fun and Schach running his defender ragged, spotting up targets inside 50 and kicking plenty of goals because of his miss matches and elite conversion. Thatd be a sight.

Just need some good smalls around them.

McKay signed an extension through 2021 at the end of last year.

Even if he did want out, I can’t imagine we’d be able to engineer a trade with such an embattled list manager/club. They’re on a hiding to nothing at the moment with that disastrous Adelaide trade, if that situation stands pat they’d be violence at Optus Oval if they let McKay walk.

Even if he did want out, I can’t imagine we’d be able to engineer a trade with such an embattled list manager/club. They’re on a hiding to nothing at the moment with that disastrous Adelaide trade, if that situation stands pat they’d be violence at Optus Oval if they let McKay walk.
Exactly

I don’t see McKay as gettable. Carlton won’t let him go for less than a Kings ransom.

If Boyd’s 1m a season was divided then maybe 300k of that could be split to Dunkley, English and Daniel to make sure we retain them. 100k each per year, than what we currently give them.

The other 700k could be used to either land someone like Peter Wright or Astbury who would realistically cost probably 600k a season to get them or if we still have more on top of that extra money, we go after a genuine star.

Either a free agent or someone who will be a free agent next year. Clubs get spooked about free agency compo and might be willing to take a better deal a season prior.

So he'll be the top 5 Blues player we are rumoured to be into then, and the player I was hoping it'd be. Him and Naughton would be a wicked duo up forward, and fits perfectly into our list profile. McKay is a good lead up target while Naughts is the clunker. Get it done, Dogs!

Hypothetically, given where our NGA is at for next yr, I'd nearly offer up both 2019 & 2020 first rounders with Blues' 2020 second rounder coming back to us to help with points for Ugle-Hagan etc. Blues might consider that offer.

Hypothetically, given where our NGA is at for next yr, I'd nearly offer up both 2019 & 2020 first rounders with Blues' 2020 second rounder coming back to us to help with points for Ugle-Hagan etc. Blues might consider that offer.
It's a pretty fair offer tbh. Likely ends up being something like Pick 8 + Pick 10 in return for McKay and Pick 20. Makes McKay worth about Pick 4. If we tacked on one of our thirds this year it bumps it up to Pick 2/3 which should be plenty. We clearly have the cash for it now, and I'm sure an unbiased person would agree the Dogs have a far brighter future ahead of us since we're playing a younger, less experienced side to more success

And only one of those four is a premiership player.

If Trengove and English both got injured we'd be in deep trouble. Boyd's retirment increases the likelihood that we'll be somewhat focussed on 2019 needs rather than the long term with at least one of our 2 MSD picks - I presume we now get two. And that it will be a genuine tall. Could be Gardner but could be some smokey not in discussions yet.

Lewis Young and Cordy can chop out but you wouldn't want to see them ruck for a whole senior game.

you're forgetting Schache, be interested to see where he is employed in the VFL now.

Boyds retirement could be something the club was aware of and they've been forced into playing young in the ruck the last few weeks

you're forgetting Schache, be interested to see where he is employed in the VFL now.
Yes, you're right, but on what I've seen/heard so far I'd be giving Young and Cordy short spells in the ruck before Schache.

Boyds retirement could be something the club was aware of and they've been forced into playing young in the ruck the last few weeks

I think they were aware. Bevo not long ago said Tommy was a long way off playing in seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back