Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are aware that they play Super Netball in WA and that the team is the WEST COAST Eagles aligned WEST COAST Fever. Right?

If we are going to run this as our main argument for his retention, then I would suggest that we are on flimsier ground than the 'news' that this ridiculous trade talk is based on.
Well lucky for the dogs its Freo that have shown interest apparently, not West Coast.

Planets would have to align to make that happen.

Who really knows anyway, its all speculation. Lighten up, buzzkill.

Well lucky for the dogs its Freo that have shown interest apparently, not West Coast.

Planets would have to align to make that happen.

Who really knows anyway, its all speculation. Lighten up, buzzkill.

The point remains that If English chose to return to WA, having a girlfriend playing netball in Melbourne would not be an impediment to any move.

Lol let’s look at argument

Play for the bulldogs who are in jo way fashionable and look like they are going nowhere but get paid $800-900k

Play for freo or the eagles(at home) in better weather for $800-900k

Lol when most of you realise that players are not lining up to play for us you may understand how stupid the argument that a girlfriend in Melbourne is why he will stay is encouraging.

Going reckon there is going to be some very upset people when Bont becomes a FA

Lived in Adelaide for 8 months. Worst 8 months of my life. s**t place, generally, s**t people. Lucky I was with a lot of other people from interstate.

Being a dogs supporter, Werewolf doesn’t fit in the s**t people mould. And if Werewolf loves Adelaide, that’s fine too. Some people would love it. Not me though.

Happy as a pig in proverbial in Melbourne. I’m a weirdo that loves our weather, especially days like today.

Been doing some thinking and looking at our best 22 I think we have 7 roles to fill to help us climb the ladder. How many of these roles we fill this offseason will determine how quickly we climb IMO.

I’ve listed them according to priority:

1. Tall Defender

Reason: Tall forwards have a day out every time they play us. We need a reliable lockdown defender.

Possible candidates: Astbury, Keith, Weitering

2. Key Forward / backup ruck.

Reasoning: Naughton needs support in the forward line. We need a secondary option to kick to up forward.

Possible candidates: Roughead, Jenkins, McKay, Taberner, Ben Reid, English? (With Trengrove main ruck maybe)

3. Small, One touch, Pressure Forward

Reasoning: We have very little dynamism in our forward half. Need a player with a strong harrasing defensive game to help keep it in the forward line.

Potential candidates: Elliot, Bolton, Butler, Ronke, Petrucelle, West?, Cavarra?, Richards?

4. Medium Sized Third tall.

Reasoning: Gowers is not an adequate long term solution in this role, we need a more skilful player. I feel there’s some players at the top end of the draft this ear that could fill this role.

Candidates: Atkins, Sexton, Anderson / Kemp / Williams / Flanders (via draft)

5. Second Small, Pressure Forward.

Reasoning: See Priority 3

Candidates: See priority 3.

6. Attacking wingman

Reasoning: Our pace and ball use through the midfield is still pretty average. It’d be nice to have a bankable second wingman opposite Hunter.

Candidates: Smith, Newnes, Langdon, Dale?, Richards?

7. Second key defender.

Reasoning: Another solid defender would be good. I think we need one desperately but two would make a defense really solid IMO.

Candidates: See Priority 1.

Lot of spots to fill here but I don’t feel like we need superstars, just players who we can be confident will fill each role. There might be some players on the list like Richards and Cavarra that could come to be solid contributors in these roles but until that happens we need to be flaunting the cap space we have available to structure up and balance our list ASAP.

Perth has also been rated very high on those rankings (sometimes higher than Melbourne) until the economy dropped in the last couple of years, so I'm not sure how that really has anything to do with whether people leave. Apart from rare cases like Lachie Neale, usually people simply move to be closer to family, or to get more money. Anyone who thinks Melbourne is somehow a tier above the rest has clearly never lived in or visited places like Perth or Adelaide

I lived in Perth for 5 years and I've spent time in Adelaide. Melbourne is absolutely a tier above those two.

I lived in Perth for 5 years and I've spent time in Adelaide. Melbourne is absolutely a tier above those two.
Where? If it was somewhere like Armadale, Midland, Gosnells, Rockingham, etc. then you might as well be living in deep western Sydney

In my experience, Perth as a whole, Adelaide as a whole and Melbourne as a whole are no better than each other

Been in Perth for over 20 years, Melbourne kicks it’s ass. Would move back there in a flash if everything aligned

Want to move to Canada at some point in my life though, best country in the world.

So yeah, stay in Vic big Tim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth is fine, Melbourne is better of course and would prefer to live there if I were a footballer, but we are so lucky in Australia with the capital cities we have. Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane etc are all great places to live, especially if you are on good money.

Big difference in American sports with cities like New York, LA, Miami compared Detroit, Cleveland etc.

Lol let’s look at argument

Play for the bulldogs who are in jo way fashionable and look like they are going nowhere but get paid $800-900k

Play for freo or the eagles(at home) in better weather for $800-900k

Lol when most of you realise that players are not lining up to play for us you may understand how stupid the argument that a girlfriend in Melbourne is why he will stay is encouraging.

Going reckon there is going to be some very upset people when Bont becomes a FA
English will stay. His mrs is hot. He has a lovely German Poynter that he walks in the park at Royal Parade. His Terrace house is quite nice. He looks good in cashmere jackets and Perth is a sh*thole.

English will stay. His mrs is hot. He has a lovely German Poynter that he walks in the park at Royal Parade. His Terrace house is quite nice. He looks good in cashmere jackets and Perth is a sh*thole.

Ummmm are you stalking him or what??? Lol

Where? If it was somewhere like Armadale, Midland, Gosnells, Rockingham, etc. then you might as well be living in deep western Sydney

In my experience, Perth as a whole, Adelaide as a whole and Melbourne as a whole are no better than each other

Scarborough and Vic Park mostly. Decent places to live but nothing on Fitzroy where I currently live.

So who will we delist this year? Who retires? Who wants a trade?

I’ll have a stab.
Delist: Dickson, Porter, Webb
Retire: Boyd (done), Picken (done), Morris (makes me a sad panda)
Trade: Dale, Roberts, Williams

Think Suckling will stay unless he has bad injuries towards the end of the year. Lewis Young could easily be added to the trade group, Schache as well if he has suitors.

Delist: Roberts, Porter, Webb, Lynch
Retire: Boyd, Picken, Dickson
Trade: Dale, Lewis Young, Williams, Jong, RSmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back