Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol let’s look at argument

Play for the bulldogs who are in jo way fashionable and look like they are going nowhere but get paid $800-900k

Play for freo or the eagles(at home) in better weather for $800-900k

Lol when most of you realise that players are not lining up to play for us you may understand how stupid the argument that a girlfriend in Melbourne is why he will stay is encouraging.

Going reckon there is going to be some very upset people when Bont becomes a FA

Respect your opinion MD but I think our player retention has been alright considering the negativity we cop. Bont will be our next captain and will easily get 1mil+ a year with us.

Perth has also been rated very high on those rankings (sometimes higher than Melbourne) until the economy dropped in the last couple of years, so I'm not sure how that really has anything to do with whether people leave. Apart from rare cases like Lachie Neale, usually people simply move to be closer to family, or to get more money. Anyone who thinks Melbourne is somehow a tier above the rest has clearly never lived in or visited places like Perth or Adelaide
Perth is boring as. Lived for 29 years there. Go to a restaurant or pub strip during the week or past 9 on a weekend it is dead

Respect your opinion MD but I think our player retention has been alright considering the negativity we cop. Bont will be our next captain and will easily get 1mil+ a year with us.

I have greater concerns at yo why about may move on mate.

I will be very edgy until he is on paper even if he is Captain, which I have no idea why he already isn’t

Jesus Christ dude, no wonder Melbourne is viewed as being filled with the most pretentious people in Australia. This statements reminds me of the Clooney Oscars speech from the mid 00's
May I ask how many places other than Melbourne have you lived in your life?

I'm going off The Economist's Global Liveability Index which has Melbourne second only to Vienna, Austria who are unlikely to have much pull with regards to Aussie Rules players. Obviously there can be debates about whether or not it actually is THAT good but for me that's good enough to prove that it's at least within the top handful of places to live around the world.

I'm going off The Economist's Global Liveability Index which has Melbourne second only to Vienna, Austria who are unlikely to have much pull with regards to Aussie Rules players. Obviously there can be debates about whether or not it actually is THAT good but for me that's good enough to prove that it's at least within the top handful of places to live around the world.

That still does not answer my question

Have YOU lived anywhere other than Melbourne?

Perth is boring as. Lived for 29 years there. Go to a restaurant or pub strip during the week or past 9 on a weekend it is dead
Restaurant and pub scene is s**t house in Perth. Luckily I'm not into any of that, so those "downsides" don't affect me

Delist: Porter, Webb (re-rookie), R.Smith
Retire: Boyd, Picken, Morris, Suckling, Dickson
Trade: Dale, Roberts, Williams, Young (latter two will request trades)

Eh? I moved here 10 years ago and honestly it's a nice little city and most of my mates are here so I'm happy enough :)

Being a dogs supporter, Werewolf doesn’t fit in the **** people mould. And if Werewolf loves Adelaide, that’s fine too. Some people would love it. Not me though.

Happy as a pig in proverbial in Melbourne. I’m a weirdo that loves our weather, especially days like today.
Thank you sir! Melbourne is very much a bustling concrete jungle and I appreciate the relative quiet in Adelaide.

But I miss seeing the Dogs regularly (attend 2-3 games per year down from 7-10) and the family obviously!

No, it answers what will inevitably be your next question when I say no... I'm not using personal experience as my source so it's irrelevant.

My experience is most people who say Melbourne is the most liveable city in the world haven’t traveled much so I mean no disrespect.

Get out there and see the world it’s an amazing place and you may or May not still think melbourne is number one but imo for several factors unfortunately it isn’t. I love it and it’s my home but in a perfect world it wouldn’t me.

My experience is most people who say Melbourne is the most liveable city in the world haven’t traveled much so I mean no disrespect.

Get out there and see the world it’s an amazing place and you may or May not still think melbourne is number one but imo for several factors unfortunately it isn’t. I love it and it’s my home but in a perfect world it wouldn’t me.

Current plan is to travel once I've finished my apprenticeship, probably even move overseas for a while. I love Melbourne, but if I spend my whole life here it will have been a waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current plan is to travel once I've finished my apprenticeship, probably even move overseas for a while. I love Melbourne, but if I spend my whole life here it will have been a waste.
same. Would love to try and be a plumber in japan. Still got a few years to get my language skills fluent!

Jesus Christ dude, no wonder Melbourne is viewed as being filled with the most pretentious people in Australia. This statements reminds me of the Clooney Oscars speech from the mid 00's
Pretty sure that's Sydney

Delist: Roberts, Porter, Webb, Lynch
Retire: Boyd, Picken, Dickson
Trade: Dale, Lewis Young, Williams, Jong, RSmith
Lynch can’t be delisted, he’s signed for next year according to our contracts thread.

Do you see Roarke Smith and Jong getting interest from elsewhere?

Lynch can’t be delisted, he’s signed for next year according to our contracts thread.

Do you see Roarke Smith and Jong getting interest from elsewhere?
I'd be genuinely shocked if Lin Jong isn't on a list next year. He has obvious deficiencies, but some really good traits to work with too (big body, very quick, strong hands). If he sorted out his kicking and stopped getting injured he'd easily make many teams' 22

Fully agree on Sydney - I genuinely see no upside to the place. It's basically a less cultured, more crowded, more dangerous and more expensive place than Melbourne. If I wouldn't live in Melbourne, I sure as hell wouldn't return to Sydney. Going there twice for relatively short periods of time was enough for me

Soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back