Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty happy if we don’t land Tomlinson. Much happier if we land Hill. Be stoked if we could nab Hill and Jamie Elliot and draft McAsey. Wingman, good (albeit often injured) small forward and a gun key defender to develop. Happily give up our 2020 first and all our 3rd’s this year for Hill and Freo’s 2020 second.

Stephen Hill has been injury prone the last two years, but when fit is a hell of a player. If they are a package deal, I would be more than happy to take a chance on Stephen in order to get Brad in too. Would add a lot to our list and be pretty exciting for next season. S. Hill has been playing more HBF the last two seasons and has beautiful ball use / ability coming off the hbf.

I’ve gone cool on Keath for the role. Not enough of a stopper, which we need.
Brisbane have a few, which of those would we be a realistic chance at ?

Agree with this massively. Even Naughton couldn’t solve our problems if we moved him back as he’s more of an interceptor IMO. We need a strong 1 on 1 KPD and I’m stumped for gettable suggestions.

Michael Hartley is the best fit, but unfortunately one Dodo is not extinct though I am hoping he gets delisted
and we get him as a DFA.

He’s a FA anyway thanks to recent rule changes regarding players who have already been delisted in the past. Makes sense as a replacement for Fletch at the very least.

What players are likely to be leaving us at the end of the year?

Still think Bailey Williams is probably one who might get lured back to SA. Bailey Dale might want to move on too if we can't agree on a contract and him being outside best 22/ looking for more opportunities somewhere else. Sorry Triple Baileys

Dream pickups for me would be Hill bros, Jack Martin (always been a fan) and then a guy like Hartley for KPD depth. Would like to look for another KPF too if there was a decent one available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we're targetting someone to play this role as martin would be brilliant at it, ditto Hill. If we paired them we could well make Trent Bartlett look like Dunstall given the increase in F50 entry quality they'd provide.

Trent Bartlett always looked like Dunstall in my eyes, in the same class as the great Kignsley Hunter and Daniel Bandy.

Imagine if we had those three this season?

Watching an AFL live stream - Twomey just said Bulldogs arent looking at Tomlinson

They also said that we are being linked with the Hill bros, suggested he didn't know whether they were a package deal spoke more about Brad

edit. looking more likely that Martin will stay at GC than it was at the start of the year
Said two weeks ago I heard we are discussing the Hill brothers but not sure of the details of what will be offered and if another club would top it.

Are they being shopped around together? As in Brad will only go where Stephen goes or vice versa? I’d love Brad but not fussed by Stephen.
They havent got communication to that point back yet but from the parts I know of but they would welcome both if both wanted to still play together.

I still think we need to add to our forward line.

Naughton and Schache have looked good the past few weeks but if they’re injured / out of form there’s peanuts on the list to replace them. We need another solid KPF who can chop out the ruck and put pressure on these two boys.

Plus you’d think Dickson would be done by the end of this year meaning we’d need to replace him with another small. Maybe Cavarra could be the man but if not we’d need to score one in the draft and trade period.

Even with those two roles covered I think we lack another medium or small target. Wallis and Gowers could be the fix here but neither would seriously scare oppo teams. Big no on Jack Martin for this role though.

Said two weeks ago I heard we are discussing the Hill brothers but not sure of the details of what will be offered and if another club would top it.

I think your mail might be off mate. Bevo said unequivocally last week that we have not enquired about Bradley Hill. Now, I know that he's never going to come out and say that we have, but if we had then he would have dodged the question or given us one of the old cliches about how he doesn't like discussing player movement etc.
There's absolutely zero chance in my mind that Bevo would outright lie as it could backfire on him terribly.

Agree with this massively. Even Naughton couldn’t solve our problems if we moved him back as he’s more of an interceptor IMO. We need a strong 1 on 1 KPD and I’m stumped for gettable suggestions.
Jake Carlisle is gettable according to Saints fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back