Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think your mail might be off mate. Bevo said unequivocally last week that we have not enquired about Bradley Hill. Now, I know that he's never going to come out and say that we have, but if we had then he would have dodged the question or given us one of the old cliches about how he doesn't like discussing player movement etc.
There's absolutely zero chance in my mind that Bevo would outright lie as it could backfire on him terribly.
Lol didnt say I heard it from bevo, I didnt even say he was Involved. But even so as you said, he wouldn't say so anyway. They all lie when asked questions about other players esp ones that are contracted.
And yes the info was not that we have spoken to their management just a internal hypothetical suggestions that might come about. Not privy to what they were, just that the thought is there to explore near end of season.

ohhh, hters more....Al Jackovitch, Nathan Saunders, James Cook, Aaron James, Andrew McDougal

stop me if your feelin ill

Minton Connell
We got a decent half season and a decent final out of Minton-Connell

Cookie was quality when he wanted to be

Both came pretty cheap IIRC and filled a role for a period, particularly Cookie

These two are exempt from the rest imo

We got a decent half season and a decent final out of Minton-Connell

Cookie was quality when he wanted to be

Both came pretty cheap IIRC and filled a role for a period, particularly Cookie

These two are exempt from the rest imo
Agreed James cook was a good player just loved his junk food to much. And didn’t like to Train hard.

Agreed James cook was a good player just loved his junk food to much. And didn’t like to Train hard.
That's what I always thought as a kid, probably liked a froth too

That prelim, everyone mentions that Libba "goal", but no one mentions Cookie dominating the first 3 quarters and kicking 6

Hearing a Brisbane KPF is likely moving to a Vic club. No exact names given, but Hipwood is contracted for next year, and one of Brisbane's most important players, so probably not him. With all the rumours surrounding McStay over the last few months, wouldn't surprise me if it was him. Not necessarily to us btw, but we can dream right? :)

I still think we need to add to our forward line.

Naughton and Schache have looked good the past few weeks but if they’re injured / out of form there’s peanuts on the list to replace them. We need another solid KPF who can chop out the ruck and put pressure on these two boys.

Plus you’d think Dickson would be done by the end of this year meaning we’d need to replace him with another small. Maybe Cavarra could be the man but if not we’d need to score one in the draft and trade period.

Even with those two roles covered I think we lack another medium or small target. Wallis and Gowers could be the fix here but neither would seriously scare oppo teams. Big no on Jack Martin for this role though.

I firmly believe josh Jenkins is the best to fill this (for what we have to pay him).

He will retire at the perfect time for our 2020 academy key forward to be injected into the team.

Hearing a Brisbane KPF is likely moving to a Vic club. No exact names given, but Hipwood is contracted for next year, and one of Brisbane's most important players, so probably not him. With all the rumours surrounding McStay over the last few months, wouldn't surprise me if it was him. Not necessarily to us btw, but we can dream right? :)
Would he be willing to play full time KPD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not keen on him TBH.

I'm not keen on him TBH.
I don't mind him, depending on where he's played. Would not be happy with paying anything over ~$500k, and wouldn't give up more than a 2nd rounder. He's not a major signing, if anything.

Also I doubt it's us who lands him anyway

I don't mind him, depending on where he's played. Would not be happy with paying anything over ~$500k, and wouldn't give up more than a 2nd rounder. He's not a major signing, if anything.

Also I doubt it's us who lands him anyway
I'd like him if he learns to kick. He would frustrate the hell out of us if he was in Bulldog colours.

I'd like him if he learns to kick. He would frustrate the hell out of us if he was in Bulldog colours.
Naughton's field kicking was atrocious last year, as was Dunkley's, but both have shown substantial improvement. There are still some offenders (Hunter especially) who have not improved, but I like to think that can be fixed. He's no worse than most of our side tbh, and I like to think he provides that stronger, more mature body we need.

In saying that, I'd take Day as a FA over McStay, partially because I think he has a higher ceiling, but also because there's no trade cost.

Naughton's field kicking was atrocious last year, as was Dunkley's, but both have shown substantial improvement. There are still some offenders (Hunter especially) who have not improved, but I like to think that can be fixed. He's no worse than most of our side tbh, and I like to think he provides that stronger, more mature body we need.

In saying that, I'd take Day as a FA over McStay, partially because I think he has a higher ceiling, but also because there's no trade cost.
Yes they did have poor field kicking - McStay at age 25 is unlikely to have that skill development left when compared to a teenage kid. Then there is the issue of carrying a critical mass of players who are below average ball users.

As you mention, Day is my preferred option too. Not as strong as McStay but more mobile and better skilled.

Yes they did have poor field kicking - McStay at age 25 is unlikely to have that skill development left when compared to a teenage kid. Then there is the issue of carrying a critical mass of players who are below average ball users.

As you mention, Day is my preferred option too. Not as strong as McStay but more mobile and better skilled.
It's a fair point - not that it matters as I've been told Hawks are interested, which all but rules us out as we've seen in the past with Impey and Wingard.

Day would be a great pickup, and hopefully not too many other clubs interested. Seems like every player we've shown even minor interest in is now being strongly linked with another club (Hill at Saints/Geelong, Tomlinson at Saints, Martin at Carlton) so I'm hoping we're not stuck with the scraps. Although I try not to read into this stuff too much since people lie and extrapolate way too much around here. So far just today, I've read supporters actually 'confirming' Hill to Saints, Martin to Carlton, Kelly to Eagles, Coniglio to stay, Patton to Hawks, Greenwood to Hawks, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back