Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thing is with the Porter re-signing is that we could have potentially 7 people delisted in the off season
Tied to 4 players in the media, so we might not have any picks till the end of the draft

So Dogs felt that its best to have a player they already know in their list than the unknown of the draft

Couldn’t we have just re frayed him if no other option was available ?

I see the end of 2016 happening again with minimal changes that will halt inprovement.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Talk on the Carlton board is that Levi Casboult will be squeezed out of the club (even if we don't land Cogs) for Salary Cap reasons.

I think he would be perfect for you guys, whilst the likes of Naughton and Schache are developing. His goal kicking has improved tenfold, and has shown this year under Teague he can play down back, when required.

Would pretty much be a free hit for The Dogs as an Unrestricted Free Agent. I would honestly prefer to retain him at Carlton, but might be hard for him to crack into a forward line with Curnow, Harry and McLovin.

I could see him being a really good pick up for The Dogs, in all honesty
Id take Casboult for a couple of years as a FA,maybe play him down back.

I haven't seen the Carlton board for a while. I might have a look to see if those 3 or 4 posters with 100k post are still getting away with abusing anyone who doesn't say Carlton are currently the greatest thing ever despite always finishing near the bottom.

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Talk on the Carlton board is that Levi Casboult will be squeezed out of the club (even if we don't land Cogs) for Salary Cap reasons.

I think he would be perfect for you guys, whilst the likes of Naughton and Schache are developing. His goal kicking has improved tenfold, and has shown this year under Teague he can play down back, when required.

Would pretty much be a free hit for The Dogs as an Unrestricted Free Agent. I would honestly prefer to retain him at Carlton, but might be hard for him to crack into a forward line with Curnow, Harry and McLovin.

Let’s agree to disagree. I’d rather get Liam Jones back...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Need to be careful wanting to trade Wallis.

Not so long ago he was being touted as a potential future captain such is his character.

Think back to the trading out of Leon Cameron, his leadership and presence at the club was sorely missed.

Wallis should be kept even if he is only ends up a fringe player.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Going off the season he’s had, what are your exact thoughts on his defensive efforts ? Did/could he take the main key oppo fwds ?

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Need to be careful wanting to trade Wallis.

Not so long ago he was being touted as a potential future captain such is his character.

Think back to the trading out of Leon Cameron, his leadership and presence at the club was sorely missed.

Wallis should be kept even if he is only ends up a fringe player.

Unless a player wants out or they’re a toxic influence I can’t see us, in the Bevo era, trading out a player to get another deal over the line.
Wallis doesn’t come under those two criteria atm. He’ll be here for a while yet.

Bro_Pro

All Australian
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is there enough room in our backline for: Richards, JJ, Crozier, duryea and suckling?

My personal preference is that richards anchors a running defender role next year.
I think Richards plays the best in that role! He’s lots cheaper then JJ, wouldn’t mind seeing who’s interested in JJ for a trade of some sort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think Richards plays the best in that role! He’s lots cheaper then JJ, wouldn’t mind seeing who’s interested in JJ for a trade of some sort.

Substituting JJ with Richards makes us a lesser side straight away. Would be insane to trade him out because Richards is a cheaper option.
Hopefully Richards eventually takes over the JJ role, I wouldn’t be forcing it prematurely though.

Congrats to Porter. Most of us had him as a de-list certainty at the start of the season and probably still at the mid-season bye. His last few weeks have been impressive, at least as far as the stats go, with a season (career?) high of 35 disposals last weekend. That's probably saved his career.

I still only see him as handy depth especially as his role is one where we are pretty well stacked. I'd rather we had an extra spot in the draft but they've obviously seen enough to think he might make it. They haven't even bothered switching him to the rookie list. If he keeps up his rate of improvement, who knows?

Another year won't hurt as long as it's not keeping CCP from getting a spot.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
"First rounder" is honestly a pretty arbitrary label. Like when people argue a player is worth "two first rounders", would you prefer Pick 17 + Pick 18, or Pick 1?

In Membrey's case, I'm saying I'd be happy to give up something like Pick 15 for him, assuming we climb the ladder next year (while also considering that future picks are generally worth less than their apparent face value for the present year)

I like your thinking Virgin , but Ernies right on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back