Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a silly opinion but i could see Lachie Young developing into a midfielder in the future
Has great speed from the contest, lovely kick on both sides of his body

Dogs got a steal with him
Maybe, but I absolutely love his aerial ability. I wouldn't want us to rob him of that. He's an absolute find.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trac is off to Hawks. Nothing for us to see here....
Although don’t rule the Saints out of the running, IF Hawks spend all their chips on someone else.

Trac did sound is out but we were not really that keen compared to others.

Last edited:

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What is Petracca's trade value realistically?
I suspect a very late first/early second rounder is about the highest they’d get if he or the club really wanted him out.

Get that side that’s around the mark for a flag with pick 15 or whatever who’d maybe bank on him being the difference if they got him and he improved. Even then, that’s probably a little overs for him but a side in the window might just take the risk.

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Trac is off to Hawks. Nothing for us to see here....
Although don’t rule the Saints out of the running, IF Hawks blow their load on someone else.

Trac did sound is out but we were not really that keen compared to others.

Happy with that. Always thought he was overrated and can't see him filling a need for us.

Lachie or Lewis?
Lachie, but Lewis doe have real promise as an intercepting tall defender.

Easy to forget that Lewis, despite coming to the club two years earlier, is only one month older.

It seems like there is going to be a lot of players moving in this off season. I'm sure it's what the AFL ultimately wants, but it's better to see players stay at clubs for the long term

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
If Hawks don’t improve the one year extension than Smith is on the move. He wants 3 years. Hawks unlikely to budge. We are at least behind GCS and Carlton in the chase. As far as the source knows dogs aren’t really been talked about as his final destination.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Grassman now the President of the MD fan club !
Funny grassy is one of the few blokes i have met on BF , even shared a beer and burrito with him -- he seemed quite normal :D

What are you trying to say????? 😂

I’m more than happy to organise a meet up so those that want to meet the ICON can have the privilege (no autographs) and those that wish to abide me face to face can also have their crack, I doubt anyone that does here would be brave enough if I’m honest but one can live on hope.

When the fixture comes out we will organise a time and date

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It seems like there is going to be a lot of players moving in this off season. I'm sure it's what the AFL ultimately wants, but it's better to see players stay at clubs for the long term
Need more player movement to the teams with cap space. It will then even the competition up further and make even Carlton competitive.

Note: late season Carlton was due to putting all the young guys away from the ball.... they needed that development time, which is what Bolton was doing. Now, they will try to follow the seniors in the middle option and be a 10-14 team, unless they can get in 2-3 good players a year via trade.

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All this utter garbage about us telling any player we aren’t interested at this stage is laughable and so far off the mark it’s not even funny.

There isn’t a player in the league that would go to any club and sound them out that would be told flat out they have no interest (other than off field or attitude reasons ).

Even if they are not a “need” you don’t show our entire hand until you have to and players talk so you may not be after said player but he may be close to one you are. It also closes doors to clubs that may want to move a certain player that talks to you that you may not want but in that conversation other names may pop up.

Clearly people saying this have never done a business or footy deal in their life

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Hawks don’t improve the one year extension than Smith is on the move. He wants 3 years. Hawks unlikely to budge. We are at least behind GCS and Carlton in the chase. As far as the source knows dogs aren’t really been talked about as his final destination.
Hawks chatter is hes coming to us 100% from what I read? I kind of assumed it was already locked in

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I heard Isaac Smith, Petracca and Bruce are all best mates, and have a common interest in pigeon racing. Funnily enough, when I was at VUWO last, they were putting in pigeon coops next to the new cricket nets being setup for Alex Keath, or Keith Alexander or whatever that Crows bloke is called. Gordo’s on a winner there too, Magpies have a Super Netball team, but we’ll be market leaders with the Bulldogs Pigeon Racing Team. Bookmark it...

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I heard Isaac Smith, Petracca and Bruce are all best mates, and have a common interest in pigeon racing. Funnily enough, when I was at VUWO last, they were putting in pigeon coops next to the new cricket nets being setup for Alex Keath, or Keith Alexander or whatever that Crows bloke is called. Gordo’s on a winner there too, Magpies have a Super Netball team, but we’ll be market leaders with the Bulldogs Pigeon Racing Team. Bookmark it...
Getting rid of pokies just to get involved in the smoke and shadows behind the windows world of pigeon racing... a slipper slope of depravity awaits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back