Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How the hell they gonna get Martin, Papley and Viney?
Blues have a lot of cap room left over
Martin will get there for a second round while Papley for their first and Blues will offer their future picks for Viney

Bailey Smith still yet to put pen to paper....

Should we be worried? Wasnt he a massive Hawks fan? Seems like the type they would be getting in the ear of...

Chris Masten won't be getting another contract from West Coast. He's one of the most polarising players in the AFL, but I'd seriously consider picking him up in free agency if we're given the chance
Unpopular opinion, but I rate him higher than Hayes. Has his flaws, but he's a mature cheapy. As a mature player we're only required to offer a 1 year contract if he accepts it.

Should we be worried? Wasnt he a massive Hawks fan? Seems like the type they would be getting in the ear of...
Bailey Smith is a one club player
Has already said things internal, i mentioned a while back regarding this

Bailey trying to work out on clauses in his contract for when he goes to that next step of the development to ensure that triggers are met = more money

Bloke played 23 games without a pre-season

Unpopular opinion, but I rate him higher than Hayes. Has his flaws, but he's a mature cheapy. As a mature player we're only required to offer a 1 year contract if he accepts it.
So do I, easily. Unfortunately we have Hayes for another year (and hopefully he does turn into something), but if Hayes were out of contract, I'd be looking to delist and replace him with Masten. He'd go a long way towards a premiership push next year. Maybe not quite Isaac Smith level, but still an improvement on what we have

If Bennell decided he wanted to come to the kennel I wouldnt say no. The cost would be a huge difference to Elliott but Elliott at least got on the park this year. Either at close to their best would fill a need.
I would. Ignore the off field stuff, repeated recurring calf injuries just keep building up scar tissue making each subsequent recovery period more difficult.

If he had the demeanour of Mother Teresa I'd be against it. They guy just can't get on the paddock.

They've offered him a Tom Boyd type deal and he's weighing it up.

He's still a big Hawks fan and actually has a Hawks threepeat tattoo on his upper right thigh

I am not disagreeing at all, I just love the passionate hatred of Sam Gray, he will always be considered the
lesser brother, but his brother is fairly handy even if the knee injury hurt his street cred.

They're not related at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness though, Sam Gray's issue is that his (management driven) salary expectation is way too high for that of a role player.

He pumped his salary demands up to deliberately try and get out of Port (who havent even bothered to counter).

The Bulldogs, Saints, Carlton, Hawthorn have a heap of cap room and can afford to front load any deal for Gray.

In all seriousness though, Sam Gray's issue is that his (management driven) salary expectation is way too high for that of a role player.

He pumped his salary demands up to deliberately try and get out of Port (who havent even bothered to counter).

The Bulldogs, Saints, Carlton, Hawthorn have a heap of cap room and can afford to front load any deal for Gray.

Hawks always seem to have cap room. Mysteries will never cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back