Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any state league CHBs/FBs worth a crack at getting? Still think we can sway a contracted player at another club with $$s and contractual years. HUGE trade period coming up for us and we need to make the most of it. Need a lock down KPP and also an intecepting mark type of CHB (ala Prime Wood). Keath fits the interceptor but that real lock down type of back where you can chuck him on a #1 fwd is a gaping hole. Cant do another year of Cordy taking the best back (not his fault hes not suited to it)
I can't think of any that got Combine invites. Ben Sokol might suit if we want another mature goal kicking forward this year.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still not 100% sure why we’re so into Bruce - does Bevo not rate Schache, do we want three talls forward or do we want one of him and Naughton back? If so, why Keath too?

I like Bruce and Keath so I’m not down on it but it’ll be interesting to see how we line up.

With Libba, Wallis and Daniel back in the fold and West etc coming in I’m not interested in other teams’ fringe players so if the above is the focus and nothing more that suits me fine.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Is Tippett a lockdown defender or a 2nd, 3rd type.?

He was that lockdown type in the few AFL games he played, he’s not as big as Kurt but a good size. Usually found himself defending the second ruck when teams used to do that. Don’t watch VFL so not sure if that’s changed in the four years out of the system.

Turns 31 next month and can’t see him getting a third chance at an AFL club

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
He was that lockdown type in the few AFL games he played, he’s not as big as Kurt but a good size. Usually found himself defending the second ruck when teams used to do that. Don’t watch VFL so not sure if that’s changed in the four years out of the system.

Turns 31 next month and can’t see him getting a third chance at an AFL club

Seen a couple of Willy games , suited to VFL , miles off AFL standard , surprised he survived so long in the system.
Roberts is a far better footballer.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still not 100% sure why we’re so into Bruce - does Bevo not rate Schache, do we want three talls forward or do we want one of him and Naughton back? If so, why Keath too?

I like Bruce and Keath so I’m not down on it but it’ll be interesting to see how we line up.

With Libba, Wallis and Daniel back in the fold and West etc coming in I’m not interested in other teams’ fringe players so if the above is the focus and nothing more that suits me fine.

Cause Schaches not a key forward.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seen a couple of Willy games , suited to VFL , miles off AFL standard , surprised he survived so long in the system.
Roberts is a far better footballer.
Was my coach at school so I have had some interest in his career. Decent enough at VFL level to warrant his standing as one of the better defenders, but he was lucky to survive in the AFL system as long as he did and essentially did it off pure athleticism (was recruited from basketball and had never played a game of footy prior to his draft year).

Love the bloke but if he got his way onto the Bulldogs list I'll spew.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Excellent. Isn’t that the exact opposite of what the club has said?

Let’s be honest none of us having any idea what the club will do.
Saints fans are hilarious in the Bruce trade thread. All neutral sources I.e. media are saying 2nd Rounder and they are adamant it has to be a 1st. None of us know for sure what it will be!! Until it's done how long till trade period now??

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's no rumour look up his comments on us immediately prior to him being drafted.

Even setting aside that would not touch Moore. Walking injury. Why buy other clubs problems? Let the Pies pay Moore and Elliott a million year for SFA output.
Did you even hear the interview that these 'comments' are taken from?

It was a very nervous 18 year old kid in his first radio interview who was asked a question along the lines of "what were your thoughts when you were nominated by the dogs?" and said something along the lines "yeah, that wouldn't have been too good".

It was not so much a reference to the dogs as to not going to Collingwood and there was absolutely nothing in it.

Just another example of things on BF being blown completely out of proportion.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
It's no rumour look up his comments on us immediately prior to him being drafted.

Even setting aside that would not touch Moore. Walking injury. Why buy other clubs problems? Let the Pies pay Moore and Elliott a million year for SFA output.
Yet if the pies didn't match he would more then likely be a premiership player now.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah he showed some ok form in some games but if he isn’t in the mix every week at this stage then he will never be.
Had that one game where he was among our best 5-10 players, but one good game in a year simply isn't enough. We have too many vying for a position in the midfield/halfback, and have better prospects for a wing spot currently developing in the VFL. This is one where I feel for him, but I really don't see how he remains next year. At the very least, I imagine Roarke goes and Webb takes his rookie spot if we want to minimise the number of actual personnel changes

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saints fans are hilarious in the Bruce trade thread. All neutral sources I.e. media are saying 2nd Rounder and they are adamant it has to be a 1st. None of us know for sure what it will be!! Until it's done how long till trade period now??
In my opinion it has to be a 2nd rounder Bruce is a good player but differently not worth a First Rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back