Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the thinking. I'd do it if we swap second rounders as well. Two second rounders this year to help our points situation, Pies get two second rounders next year to help their points situation.
Mentioned it a few posts back - Collingwood have Richmonds 2nd rounder and Norths 3rd. Depending on how Richmond do in finals and the free agency compo picks, I reckon those picks will end up being worth around 950 points. Interestingly that would be the same points value as our first rounder... if we win the flag.

Combined with the 2 third rounders we have we're looking at roughly 1600 points. That would cover a bid for JUH at pick 4 but we would definitely need to scrounge together some more points if we are expecting a bid in the top 3. Trading out a couple of players might help with that.

If we could trade out of the second and third rounds of next years draft and back into the first round that is a win in my books.

I would offer Collingwood:

Dale
pick 12
Pick 48

For

Stephenson
Pick 14

That values Stephenson as Dale, 48 and a 2 pick upgrade from 14 to 12.

Then trade 14 for 19 & 41 from the Lions for a points bump of around 200.

Out: 12, 48 (1,570 points) Dale
In: 19, 41 (1,360 points) & stephenson.

2021 forward line:

HF: Stephenson Naughton Vandermeer
FF: Wallis JUH West

Much more speed and class. Still lacks a legit small forward. Hoping Weightman has a big summer.

Bruce is out until he proves that he's back to full fitness for me.

Dale
pick 12
Pick 48

For

Stephenson
Pick 14

2021 forward line:

Much more speed and class. Still lacks a legit small forward. Hoping Weightman has a big summer.

Can't see Pies going for that. I'd reckon the gap between Stephenson and Dale's trade value is more than a 3rd rounder and 2 pick upgrade.

Dale
pick 12
Pick 48

For

Stephenson
Pick 14

2021 forward line:

I don't think Collingwood do that trade Stephenson was a high pick the agent parting with him easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I saw of lachey fogarty in his draft year I'd be trying to get him out of geelong , don't think it's an easy task as he is contracted but someone I'd ask the question

Dale
pick 12
Pick 48

For

Stephenson
Pick 14

2021 forward line:

Collingwood would laugh us out of the room

Dale
pick 12
Pick 48

For

Stephenson
Pick 14

2021 forward line:

If I'm Collingwood I'm not even considering that. A 2 pick upgrade, even in the first round, isn't worth much unless it's right up the top.

If I'm Collingwood I'm not even considering that. A 2 pick upgrade, even in the first round, isn't worth much unless it's right up the top.
Every chance we finish higher than Collingwood anyway if we get St Kilda and they play West Coast in Perth.

Dale
pick 12
Pick 48

For

Stephenson
Pick 14

2021 forward line:

Sorry Fronk, but I reckon you’ve undervalued Stephenson a lot there. 21 year old former pick 6 who has performed well at the elite level albeit in a slow year this year for Dale (who’s played 8 good games in his career) and a pick that will probably end up closer to 55-60 after academy players and compo picks.

Even your pick swap undervalues us too I reckon. I know it was hot here in Sydney yesterday mate, did you bake in the sun for a few too many?

Jamie Macmillan, Majak Daw, Jasper Pittard, Ben Jacobs, Paul Ahern, Mason Wood, Sam Durdin, Marley Williams, Joel Crocker, Lachie Hosie and Tom Murphy have been advised they will not be offered new contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back