Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a long and proud history of taking the dud brother though.

Goodes, Sexton, Rawlings, Talia, Bowden, Jackovich, Power, Bassett, Andrejs, etc

The only time we get the good one is if we take both.
Grant, Atkins, Cordy.

Let’s hope Power does draft pick magic and we get JUH and Finlay Macrae..... I suspect Jack will turn out to be the dud

Goodes, Sexton, Rawlings, Talia, Bowden, Jackovich, Power, Bassett, Andrejs, etc

Grant, Atkins, Cordy.
Bowdo had potential too, but in hindsight was a shorter Schache with a yard less pace.

Grant, Atkins, Cordy.

Goodes was pretty good for his age, still can't believe no one took him until he was 28/29.
If we take one first, we're a chance. Watching Finley Macrae with interest

Finlay Macrae will be a 200+ gamer for sure.

Using the current draft order what would our first useable pick of the draft be if the crows use pick 1 on jamarra?

Using the current draft order what would our first useable pick of the draft be if the crows use pick 1 on jamarra?

Given we have a first and 2 third rounders they would all go so probably a forth round pick

I was listening to a podcast the other day on AFL.com and one of the guys was saying that compo picks received from free agents don’t count towards the points you pay for a Father Son or Next Gen. due to some anomaly in the AFL rules ?

Anyway suggested we could potentially trade up our first rounder, say pick 12 as it now stands to say GWS pick 10 if they receive a first round compo pick for losing Zac Williams. Therefore we retain that pick instead of using it for points.

Probably means there is a points deficit and we would also need to do something to protect / manage our 2021 first but thought it was an interesting strategy if rule is correct

Given we have a first and 2 third rounders they would all go so probably a forth round pick

I was listening to a podcast the other day on AFL.com and one of the guys was saying that compo picks received from free agents don’t count towards the points you pay for a Father Son or Next Gen. due to some anomaly in the AFL rules ?

Anyway suggested we could potentially trade up our first rounder, say pick 12 as it now stands to say GWS pick 10 if they receive a first round compo pick for losing Zac Williams. Therefore we retain that pick instead of using it for points.

Probably means there is a points deficit and we would also need to do something to protect / manage our 2021 first but thought it was an interesting strategy if rule is correct
That seems utterly bizarre which means it's probably correct knowing how the AFL works. Would be a good move if we could pull it off

Ports setup is the absolute perfect setup and the one we need to follow.

Small yet mobile defensive unit that prioritises peeling off their man and helping out.
2 rucks + 2KPFs. Most of whom are very mobile and provide plenty of tall representation up forward and in the ruck.
Pacey and desperate small forwards
Elite inside midfield grouping.

Currently we probably tick 2 out of the 4 boxes. If we removed a KPD from our setup and replaced with a mobile 2nd ruck/forward that would probably get the right balance. Our inside mid group is absolutely elite so no issues there. 3/4 of the ruck/kpf slots pick themselves. English, Naughton, Bruce/JUH is very very good for the mid/long term. English and Naughton also have the ability to push back if required so really there isn't any need to pick 3 KPD's.

Pacey small forwards is where we need to find out about Richards and co this weekend. VDM should be picked and both him and Richards need to do a defensive job so Stk dont slingshot like they did in round 2. If they don't step up them Cavarra needs to be given another crack and another small forward option on the cheap (Ronke) needs to be brought in.

Last edited:
Lists likely to only drop from 44 down to 42.
That can consist of anywhere from 38-40 senior listed players and 2-4 cat A rookies.
Will be allowed 2 cat B rookies down from 3 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this finals series will tell us exactly what we need......

I'll admit that I'm worried about whether we can lift to the level shown last night..... I think this finals will show that our 16 - 22 players on the list aren't up to it...

I read in the Hun that Jack and Finlay are half-brothers - does that remove the applicability of the dud brother curse or somehow enhance it ?

Finlay would want to be a damn special footballer to lay claim to being the best footballer in the family

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even if it’s traded on? Technically it isn’t our compo pick.

I read in the Hun that Jack and Finlay are half-brothers - does that remove the applicability of the dud brother curse or somehow enhance it ?

Finlay would want to be a damn special footballer to lay claim to being the best footballer in the family

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Always wondered why they went to different schools, maybe that explains it.

What are your boys thoughts on Jack Silvagni. Apparently he may be get-able and could be a solid bodied pressure forward. Couldn't imagine him costing much and he had a really good year 2019 stats wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back