Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, Saad will get them a first rounder and you'd imagine that if Essendon only got band 2 for Daniher, they could simply match and ask for one of Brisbane's first rounders.

That then allows them to trade 2 picks out. And as I said we should make that into a gigantic 2021 haul. Essendons 2021 first and they try and get another top 10 2021 pick for us.

Oh yes they have to do a serious amount of work before I'd accept anything from them.
Saad and Daniher won’t get high level first round picks Crouch will be offered a bigger and longer contract than Daniher and won’t get them pick 2 so they’ll have to trade with Brisbane which will net them 15/16 Carlton will trade with Geelong for their two later picks one of which to Saad. Trading Dunkley for two late teens picks is ridiculous the only way it can get done is if another club gets involved as they have nothing of worth for us

what are the thoughts on jack higgins?

could be a great pickup ive liked him since his draft year. how would people even value him

I even had a half thought of dunkley out essendon future first and jack higgins in

what are the thoughts on jack higgins?

could be a great pickup ive liked him since his draft year. how would people even value him

I even had a half thought of dunkley out essendon future first and jack higgins in
Be worth late second Max now really missed most of last year with his brain issue only played 10 games this year for 5 goals but definitely the type of player we should be targeting even if his misses doesn’t like us

Be worth late second Max now really missed most of last year with his brain issue only played 10 games this year for 5 goals but definitely the type of player we should be targeting even if his misses doesn’t like us
Bridges have been burnt there he is likely to end up at the blues

So which one are we bringing on to help ruck ?

Hannan? D Macpherson or Lonie?

Are we now trying to rack up small/mid forwards to go with the plethora of half backs we have?

Last edited:
Just on our mid rotations, I think it's odd that we've moved so far away from giving Bont time forward. Fyfe, Danger, Martin and Cripps all have big minutes forward. Smith could've easily stayed forward for another year as well. I'd love for us to go for something like

Bont: mid 65%/forward 20%/bench 15%
Macrae: mid 80%/forward 5%/bench 15%
Dunkley: mid 70%/forward 15%/bench 15%
Smith: mid 60%/forward 20%/bench 20%
Libba: mid 25%/forward 55%/bench 20%

Bont gets enough time to kick a goal a game and still have a big influence in the middle. Macrae's tank is best utilised with the most mid time. Dunkley an alright forward but best used in the middle. Smith will eventually get more time but if he can work on his forward stuff he gives us a different look up there for now. Libba has that half forward spot locked down with a couple of cameos to give others a rest.

It'll be very interesting to see how our midfield looks next year. I know there was a mention of Hunter getting time inside but I don't see how that makes us any better except by boosting our defensive application which Dunkley should cover easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I we now trying to rack up small/mid forwards to go with the plethora of half backs we have?
We've lost Dickson and may delist Gowers & Greene, and may put up Dale for trade. Considering we don't have many natural forwards or great forward depth, I don't see much problem with cheap targets.

We've lost Dickson and may delist Gowers & Greene, and may put up Dale for trade. Considering we don't have many natural forwards or great forward depth, I don't see much problem with cheap targets.
Can count the number of natural forwards on our list on one hand

I we now trying to rack up small/mid forwards to go with the plethora of half backs we have?
Hannah replaces Gowers
MacPherson replaces Dickson
Look at a Wright or Stef Martin if you can’t get a Goldy with a trade

Cheap targets = fringe players. Then what's the point of delist Greene and trade Dale? we'll get natural forward addition in JUH. I'm happy with trade in ruck backup (who can play forward), experienced KPD, and 1 small pressure forward (not more). and dont think we can afford more

Cheap targets = fringe players. Then what's the point of delist Greene and trade Dale? we'll get natural forward addition in JUH. I'm happy with trade in ruck backup (who can play forward), experienced KPD, and 1 small pressure forward (not more). and dont think we can afford more
I guess you have to trust the list management team on that one. We haven’t brought it too many fringe duds for a while. Crozier, Lloyd, Duryea, Hamling & Biggs all spring to mind that we’ve gotten good value out of.

Not every player on the list has to be a superstar, look at Richmond they’d be lucky to have more than 2 now however it’s these cheaper level players that can take you to that next level the difference in a lot of our games this year was the fact our bottom level players couldn’t step up when our top level players had an off game

I guess you have to trust the list management team on that one. We haven’t brought it too many fringe duds for a while. Crozier, Lloyd, Duryea, Hamling & Biggs all spring to mind that we’ve gotten good value out of.
In that time period, the others were Cloke, Schache and Trengove.

Lonie feels like one of those ones where we over rate him because he tore us up last year

Would it make anyone feel any better if we got him to change his name by deed poll to Neoli?...probably as close as we'll get to the elusive Rioli

Trade radio Matt Rendell just linked Mason Cox to us. He said talks are down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back