Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Norm and I like new threads, but I like stupid thread titles and polls more, so look out!

Continued from Part 1:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rs-read-posting-rules-before-posting.1205143/

Pertinent details re list management changes.

2019 Edition.

Friday 4 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period Commences.

Monday 7 October 9am - NAB AFL Trade Period Commences.

Thursday 10 October 5pm - Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Sunday 13 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer Three-Day Period Ends.

Wednesday 16 October 7.30pm (tbc) - NAB AFL Trade Period Closes (for exchange of players).

Thursday 17 October - AFL Trade Period Opens (selections only).

Friday 18 October 5pm - Application to Relist a Player Close

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1)

Friday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences

Monday 11 November- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Tuesday 12 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2)

Wednesday 13 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 22 November 2pm - NAB AFL Trade Period Closes (for exchange of selections only)

Friday 22 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 27 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round One), Marvel Stadium.

Thursday 28 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round Two onwards to conclusion).

Thursday 28 November (post draft) - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3)

Thursday November 28 post draft OR Friday 29 November from 9am - NAB AFL Rookie Draft

Monday 2 December 2pm - Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
Was relying on trade week to help get me through the stress of preparations for our wedding this weekend. Alas, it is probably the worst trade week I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“In a trade week sensation, a Bulldogs supporter with a pending wedding has gotten involved in a 3-way trade to land Josh Bruce at the Bulldogs. Bruce moves to the Dogs, pick 32 and a guest appearance by Bont moved to Hobdog’s wedding day, with a seat at the bridal table (and accompanying electronic monitoring bracelet) now in the hands of Simon Lethlean. The Dogs have also offered the services of Jack Redpath to ensure Lethlean ‘behaves’ himself...”

“In a trade week sensation, a Bulldogs supporter with a pending wedding has gotten involved in a 3-way trade to land Josh Bruce at the Bulldogs. Bruce moves to the Dogs, pick 32 and a guest appearance by Bont moved to Hobdog’s wedding day, with a seat at the bridal table (and accompanying electronic monitoring bracelet) now in the hands of Simon Lethlean. The Dogs have also offered the services of Jack Redpath to ensure Lethlean ‘behaves’ himself...”

Haha actually wouldn’t be the silliest trade that I’ve heard someone call into Trade Radio with

He was terrible in the second half of the year. Not a clear best 22 player with us.

Still young and his best (2017 year) was really good. We don't have a forward who bring that at the moment. Dickson tries his hardest to be a pressure forward but his body can't do it. I'd punt on Butler.

Has anyone in this thread mentioned Josh Kelly this trade period yet?! I’d imagine something like all our 3rds this year, a future second, Jong, Webb, and a table down the back at Hobdog’s wedding gets it done...?

I can’t allow anybody associated with the GWS Giants to enter my wedding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some spam to try and get this thread to 1000 pages before cutoff. We traded for Cripps and Cameron yet?

This four-way deal would’ve sparked an AFL trade domino effect. The Dogs rejected it

Alex Keath and Josh Bruce remain in limbo after a four-way trade proposal was shut down by the Western Bulldogs over the weekend.
Foxfooty.com.au understands Adelaide was the architect behind the arrangement, which fell down when the Dogs refused to slide from Pick 13 to 23 in the draft.

The Swans and Saints gave the Crows their initial tick of approval, but the Dogs rejected the deal.

The trade would have seen St Kilda land Zak Jones but lose Josh Bruce, while Sydney would have gained Pick 28 for Jones.

Had the multi-pronged trade been accepted, it would have unlocked several conundrums around the league and potentially acted as a key domino.

But the Dogs remained adamant Pick 13 is not for sale and resolute in their belief they can land Keath from Adelaide and Bruce from St Kilda while hanging onto the first-round selection.

The proposed four-club deal would have seen the Dogs trade their first three picks — 13, 32 and 51 — to Adelaide for Keath and Picks 23 and 28.

Pick 28 would then make its way from Whitten Oval to Moorabbin to secure Bruce, allowing St Kilda to use it to land Zak Jones from Sydney.

The Dogs have also been locked in talks with Port Adelaide instead of Adelaide as list manager Sam Power seeks to break a deadlock.

The Saints currently hold Picks 12 and 18 and have told rivals they intend to use the latter selection to land Power swingman Dougal Howard — or at least save it for negotiations with Port.

If the Bulldogs can’t make any progress in the next 24 hours, they may look at trading down from 13 to 18 to unlock a series of movements that secures Keath and Bruce. But that relies on St Kilda hanging on to Pick 18, which is no certainty.

The Western Bulldogs currently hold Pick 32 and have offered that to St Kilda for Bruce, but the Saints want a better deal for the contracted spearhead.

Bruce is keen to join the Dogs on a four-year deal after being told he was free to explore his options after Round 23.

Saints coach Brett Ratten has since denied suggestions the club was keen to move him on, but Bruce has told friends he is being pushed out. The Dogs also believe he was told to find a new home, 12 months after some inside Moorabbin looked at ways to move him on.

Jones has nominated the Saints as his preferred destination, while Keath intends to sign a three-year deal (with a trigger for a fourth season) if and when a trade is orchestrated.

THE TRADE PROPOSAL

Sydney Swans —
Receives: Pick 28 | Loses: Zak Jones

St Kilda — Receives: Zak Jones | Loses Josh Bruce

Western Bulldogs — Receives: Alex Keath, Josh Bruce and Pick 23 | Loses: Picks 13, 32 and 51

Adelaide — Receives Picks 13, 32 and 51 | Loses: Picks 23, 28 and Alex Keath

I don’t think we should be so afraid of trading future picks (particularly second round +) this year to get the deals we want done. Worst comes to worst if we find ourselves next year needing more points we can trade 2021 picks for 2020 picks. I’m not suggesting we go gung ho and trade away all our 2020 draft stocks but being overly conservative for a draft still over a year away when we have immediate needs seems unnecessary.

I hate how these pages cross over and clash with periods. Should let this one run until AFTER the entire 2020 off season, regardless how many pages it reaches. Then start a clean one, 2021 Trade and List Management Thread, then 2022 List Management Thread, etc. Keeps it cleaner, than having half a season and off season in one, and then a half in the other. Easier to look back on and find things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back