Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Blokes who gives a f*ck, we’re 10 months from another flag an I’m pretty sure we are not going to be debating if we should have put Gowers through a combine harvester, particularly after he kicks 5 against the plastics in the decider

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Sooooooo basically the list I’ve been saying, and getting abused for, for two years??
The same list that the majority have not added much to the on field performances in the same two years?
The same list anyone can work out have to be moved on next year yet we dug our heels in this year and moved minimal players, so next year we have no choice but to have a big turn over instead of two medium turn overs.

That list???😂😂😂😂

Tipping the ones that love to troll back months to find errors will be pretty silent on this one
I only disagree on Jong and I am not trolling. The guy has had a terrible run with injuries. however, if there is not a real improvement, i am afraid this might be the last year at the dogs.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Blokes who gives a f*ck, we’re 10 months from another flag an I’m pretty sure we are not going to be debating if we should have put Gowers through a combine harvester, particularly after he kicks 5 against the plastics in the decider

Lol plastics are going the way of Adelaide. A Richmond grand final molestation stings.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I only disagree on Jong and I am not trolling. The guy has had a terrible run with injuries. however, if there is not a real improvement, i am afraid this might be the last year at the dogs.

yes I agree there is no doubt he has has no luck with injury but now add mental health to that and it would be a massive fight back for him BUT I wouldn’t put it past him one thing no one can question is his effort and Bev seems to love him so he may torment me for a few more years 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

yes I agree there is no doubt he has has no luck with injury but now add mental health to that and it would be a massive fight back for him BUT I wouldn’t put it past him one thing no one can question is his effort and Bev seems to love him so he may torment me for a few more years 🤦🏼‍♂️😂
As I posted in the Christmas wish thread that would be a delightful outcome.

No malice to you MD ... I suspect you’re right. It would indeed be a long haul back.

But wouldn’t it just be a great story for him to make himself a regular best 22 selection in 2020? Can’t see it happening but keeping the dream alive was worth the postage to Mr Claus, c/- North Pole.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Again not what I said and of course supporters should HOPE the club makes the right calls.

I’m referring to the flip flippers that just support everything and anything and then spin there way out of the hypocrisy.

I wasn’t that fazed We resigned RSmith although I would have moved him on but there were people on here that said The club was right to let him go when he wasn’t resigned BUT when he was the same people said great decision he deserve another chance. I’d point them out but I won’t.

and in the end I’m as deserved of a opinion as anyone else in here and because I think we should have made more changes AND IN NOT THE ONLY ONE I don’t trust the club? Please tell me how the resigning of Jong has worked out?

I understand we need depth players for injury but why we didn’t wait to see how was in the entire free agency market until we resigned the last few spots baffles me. Don’t tell me Brand or Mitch Brown or Lachie Henderson wouldn’t have been far better “in case of emergency” options than Gardner. And the same for Sam Gray over RSmith.
I didn’t say you don’t trust the club. I also fail to understand why we offered Jong a 2 year contract. There was no need to.

With what you’ve said about being called out a lot, if you’ve seen someone flip flopping, call them out on it. Ask them why. Maybe they’ve got legitimate reasons. Maybe they haven’t really thought things out properly.

I’m probably similar to you. Probably would have moved on Smith and Gardner for other guys. However I don’t know the cost involved either. On the face of it though, I’d prefer Brown and Gray over Gardner and Smith. Probably wouldn’t take Henderson (think he’s cooked) and I feel like Khamis and Lachie Young give us enough depth for Wood in that type of role.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How was his form immediately prior to his re-signing?
Good. I’m a VFL member. I’ve never come away from a VFL game super impressed by Lynch. Was surprised when he got a game at AFL level. But once he got there I was quite impressed by his performance and liked what he gave us. Maybe he’s just one of those guys that struggles to shine at VFL level for various reasons.

Good. I’m a VFL member. I’ve never come away from a VFL game super impressed by Lynch. Was surprised when he got a game at AFL level. But once he got there I was quite impressed by his performance and liked what he gave us. Maybe he’s just one of those guys that struggles to shine at VFL level for various reasons.
Agreed, feel like he really showcases his talent on AFL than VFL

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out the folly of those that criticise list management decisions like that of Lynch's when they have the benefit of hindsight.

He was finally fit and on an upswing of form and when we were and to a certain extent still are looking for his type, it was a no-brainer to re-sign him at the time.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Haven't been on BF much but haven't seen any news about Smith re-signing? has he? Cheers

No and it doesn't look like he will. He's had an extension in front of him since he walked into the club but hasn't wanted to sign it, even when we increased the salary several times. Rumour is that he's gonna request a trade to Hawthorn at the end of next season.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No and it doesn't look like he will. He's had an extension in front of him since he walked into the club but hasn't wanted to sign it, even when we increased the salary several times. Rumour is that he's gonna request a trade to Hawthorn at the end of next season.

you evil man :devil:. The rumour I heard is that young Smith is a confident young man who is backing himself in to have another big year next year and command a big deal (with us!) and loves the idea of being a one-club player.

At least that is what I tell myself as I rock myself to sleep each night

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Do you mean he now has front hair extensions?

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
I love a good troll post, but that's just depressing lol

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out the folly of those that criticise list management decisions like that of Lynch's when they have the benefit of hindsight.

He was finally fit and on an upswing of form and when we were and to a certain extent still are looking for his type, it was a no-brainer to re-sign him at the time.
I know mate just saw it as an opportunity to give an opinion on him. Totally agree with you. I’m just hoping we kept him cheap. Guys like him, Richards and Vandermeer could be handy for us if they have good pre-seasons and find good form. Can never have too much pace in the team.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Lynch has attributes we need. I’m hoping this season was just a confidence issue or he was distracted and that has now been rectified.

He fitted well at senior level.

That kick that hit the post vs Richmond made the distance with ease. I would say most players on our list would not have made the distance.

I’m not giving up on him yet.

Last edited:

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
And that is?
My mail says that he has already signed a big contract with GWS because he sees Greene as his role model and wants to play with him. He also does not like Melbourne and wants to move to Sydney as he fears taht climate change will impact Melbourne more so than Sydney.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After a great trade period where we secured both our targets and kept pick 13,I was expecting to read lots of positive talk,I guess not.
Why so much negative focus on a guy who has only played two games and only been on our list for half a season? We are really clutching at negative straws now,which is a positive I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back