Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gardner is what is known as an occupational surname, which tells us that one of Ryan's ancestors worked as a gardener. That might have something to do with the whole thing.
Well he mows around his quite impressive sappling, so yep, correct. Deserves a spot.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
After a great trade period where we secured both our targets and kept pick 13,I was expecting to read lots of positive talk,I guess not.
Why so much negative focus on a guy who has only played two games and only been on our list for half a season? We are really clutching at negative straws now,which is a positive I guess.
and now that bontempelli wants to move to the gold coast because his dad bought him a pizza shop and a strip joint, we are totally farked. the club has no leadership. we are as bad as st kilda. sack the coach and the bootstrapper. not to mention gordon.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
and now that bontempelli wants to move to the gold coast because his dad bought him a pizza shop and a strip joint, we are totally farked. the club has no leadership. we are as bad as st kilda. sack the coach and the bootstrapper. not to mention gordon.
Which strip joint? Hopefully not ‘Hollywood Showgirls’ as Brisdog has a life ban there.

If they can get their kit off so can I...that’s what I thought anyway.

Last edited:

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The only things I know about the upcoming national draft is what I read on these pages. There are no guarantees I know but everything I read indicates there will be a very good player at pick 13 available to us. I understand he may not be considered elite but any drop of in quality happens after about pick 15 or so. Nice position to be in.

The only things I know about the upcoming national draft is what I read on these pages. There are no guarantees I know but everything I read indicates there will be a very good player at pick 13 available to us. I understand he may not be considered elite but any drop of in quality happens after about pick 15 or so. Nice position to be in.
Our talent pathway is probs one of the best so regardless of who we take
That person will be a handy player for us

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Our talent pathway is probs one of the best so regardless of who we take
That person will be a handy player for us

Thanks for that Vital. Also I appreciate the work you do on this and other threads. Great contribution and ads to it greatly.
Probably an issue for another thread but after the draft is over I would like to hear your views on why the talent pathway at the Dogs is superior. It seems to me that for every Bailey Smith or Dale Morris that is produced you can point to a Webb or Everit that didn’t get as far as hoped. How do you judge one team’s performance against another’s?

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Thanks for that Vital. Also I appreciate the work you do on this and other threads. Great contribution and ads to it greatly.
Probably an issue for another thread but after the draft is over I would like to hear your views on why the talent pathway at the Dogs is superior. It seems to me that for every Bailey Smith or Dale Morris that is produced you can point to a Webb or Everit that didn’t get as far as hoped. How do you judge one team’s performance against another’s?

Bailey Smith is not a great example. He would have thrived at any club. Someone like JJ is probably one of the better example of how well we have developed talent in recent years.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bailey Smith is not a great example. He would have thrived at any club. Someone like JJ is probably one of the better example of how well we have developed talent in recent years.
You could name a lot of our rookies as examples. Dahl, Morris and JJ could all have easily fizzled away, with Morris probably the best chance of succeeding at another club

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i agree totally this makes keeping 13 a huge win for us

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hartley leaving the bombers. He was all the rage on here a couple of months ago. Think he’ll do a solid job for someone.
Essendon like young Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, but they are also emptying out their entire rookie list which is
an interesting call, Hartley could end up at North and become another big fish while their youngsters
develop, Hartley and Walker from the Lions could attract attention given their age profile.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Sweet Jesus, remember when we were really s*** back in 2014? Back when we had no flag, no hope or optimism at all? You know when we could really be critical of what the club was doing?

Sweet Jesus, remember when we were really s*** back in 2014? Back when we had no flag, no hope or optimism at all? You know when we could really be critical of what the club was doing?
"Things are never as bad or as good as they seem"

What about the 2016 grand final? That was just as good as it seemed.

In the words of Socrates: platitudes are s**t
Well there was a theory that 2016 would be the start of a dynasty. We've basically rebuild the side since then.

I actually think we're set up better now than we were in previous years.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have 3 spots on senior list, and 5 rookies. I believe technically were allowed more than 4, but we almost never run with that many, so it looks like we'll do a rookie upgrade to fill one of those 3 spots

Ok, I had some idea that it is 4 rookie spots max, therefore, it is a given that one of them will be promoted because they are all contracted for 2020, the obvious choice being Lachie Young.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back