Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laitham Vandermeer has re-signed for another year, takes him to the end of 2021. Hasn't debuted yet, but the club must be confident he will produce something
Whilst he does appear to be a good prospect, its worth mentioning that besides Nathan Mullenger-McHugh, since 2011 every single draftee (excluding mature age recruits) that we've put onto the list through the main or rookie drafts has been given more than 2 years at the club.

The last player besides NMM to be cut at the conclusion of their first contract was Tom Hill, drafted 2010.

Whilst he does appear to be a good prospect, its worth mentioning that besides Nathan Mullenger-McHugh, since 2011 every single draftee (excluding mature age recruits) that we've put onto the list through the main or rookie drafts has been given more than 2 years at the club.

The last player besides NMM to be cut at the conclusion of their first contract was Tom Hill, drafted 2010.
That's fair, but there have been cases like Cal Porter where it seems likely he was given the extra year simply because we didn't want to have to replace him through the draft this year, and instead are giving the chance to either have him prove himself, or have the extra list spot next year so we have more picks to match bids with.

But you could also be right, in that it doesn't prove anything

I thought the same thing. Mustn’t be overly confident if he’s only been given the 1yr.
Latham was a bit of a hit and hope selection imo. A lesser version of Richards. He could still make it but I think the 1yr reflects where he actually sits in the 44 and how much of his game needs to improve to make it.

Wasn't there a ruckman from Altona or somewhere who didn't last a year? Goetz?

Now Bont is captain.... which I am not a fan of, but it may allow something to happen that couldn’t before:
Drop Wood for poor performance IF he doesn’t play better than he did in 2019.

Now Bont is captain.... which I am not a fan of, but it may allow something to happen that couldn’t before:
Why are you not a fan...?

Woods second half of 19 was an improvement on his first half, so his trajectory is already upwards. 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. This has no place on the list management thread

2. It’s completely self indulgent.

3. Its peak off season boredom time, so I don’t care.

Some clips of Fronk junior playing for the u13 swans academy against the giants academy in September.

heard Arch say "Just get me to the Dogs"

So much for all the teeth gnashing that went on around here.

If I was a better person I wouldn't gloat and say I told you this is exactly how it would play out...

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...r09ksOBuu9RW64ONQx1QDXk_Hl5f_0e1EtGWx9SWCQIRA

Smith signs
Rising Star Bailey Smith will call VU Whitten Oval home until at least 2022.
Just now
BS6-ContractExt-1920x1080-ART.jpg

Young gun Bailey Smith has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs for a further two seasons.
The 19-year-old midfielder had a sensational debut season in red, white and blue, playing all 23 matches at AFL level which included a taste of finals football.
Smith will now call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2022.

ZXVPkPQk.jpg

00:45MINS
Published on Just now
Bailey Smith | The sky's the limit
Hear from Bailey Smith after he extends his contract at the Western Bulldogs until the end of 2022.
Having been recruited by the Bulldogs with pick seven in last year’s NAB AFL Draft, Smith said he had no hesitation in committing to the Club.
“I really want to be part of this Club for a long time so it’s exciting to re-sign for two more years,” Smith said.
“It didn’t take long for the Club to feel like home for me and it’s getting better and better as time goes on.
“It’s still surreal when I look back at my first year, getting to play with the calibre of players I did.
“The goal at the start of the year was just to play one game, whenever that was. As soon as I did, it was about just trying to play my role to get another game. To play every game was fantastic.
“We’ve got a young group with lots of developing players and we’re growing in confidence. There’s a drive to get better as a group and that makes me excited about our future.”
I really want to be part of this Club for a long time so it’s exciting to re-sign for two more years. It didn’t take long for the Club to feel like home for me and it’s getting better and better as time goes on.
- Bailey Smith

The Sandringham Dragons product averaged 17.5 disposals in 2019 and kicked 11 goals. He earned a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination in round nine, collecting 28 disposals against Geelong, and finished fourth overall for the award.
General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, said the Bulldogs had been extremely pleased with Smith’s debut season.
“We’re thrilled that Bailey has recommitted to our club,” Power said.
“He played every game as a first-year player, which was a fantastic achievement, and continued to improve over the course of the season.
“Bailey is a player who adds a different dimension to our midfield group. He has good foot skills, is strong around the ball and has elite running capacity.
“He’s also a hard worker on the training track, which shows in his on-field development.
“We are confident Bailey has plenty of growth in him as a player and will be an important part of our team for years to come.”

01WBSy19QR107920611.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back