Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't see any more than 3 of Trengove, Leyoung, Cordy, Keath & Wood playing at any one time. I reckon there will be a bit of rotations depending on match ups as well as form, but I think Keath will be able to play against a monster KPF better than Cordy can although we'd probably want Keath to play a bit off his own man & keep playing as he has been at the Crows
I am assuming Keath plays the full season if fit, as he's arguably the best of the lot.

Wood, if he stays fit, would hopefully maintain his spot, although if Lachie Young tracks along well then things could change.

I can't see Trengove, Lewis Young + Cordy all playing in the same side. Someone is going to lose their spot, and it could be Cordy unfortunately. All three struggle with consistency at times, but Lewis Young has the advantage of being younger and probably having the most scope for improvement, while Trengove handles the huge guys better than the other two have in the past.

I can see games where 4 of them make the side, but I don't like how that looks on the team sheet

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't see any more than 3 of Trengove, Leyoung, Cordy, Keath & Wood playing at any one time. I reckon there will be a bit of rotations depending on match ups as well as form, but I think Keath will be able to play against a monster KPF better than Cordy can although we'd probably want Keath to play a bit off his own man & keep playing as he has been at the Crows
Wood won't be playing tall. He will be fighting with Crozier, Williams et al for a back flank/pocket spot. I think Cordy will be the vulnerable one. Trengove and Keath as fb/chb would be my pick. Trengove shouldn't spend more than 5-10mins a qtr in the ruck (if he even needs to ruck at all; that might fall on Schache particularly if we run with all of Naughty, Bruce and Schache up forward). Young will get games, but I think he's still a yr away from holding down a best 22 spot in the senior side.
My ideal back 6 for round 1 would be
Wood Trengove Crozier
JJ Keath Duryea (Williams until TD is fit) and Daniel as the seventh defender/floater.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hate to say it but I reckon Easton is close to cooked. Fast twitch fellow’s tend to fall away pretty quickly. He still has the best quads in the club however.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hate to say it but I reckon Easton is close to cooked. Fast twitch fellow’s tend to fall away pretty quickly. He still has the best quads in the club however.

Ssshhhhh!

I copped a lot of abuse for suggesting he get dropped last year. Hoping he can turn it around, as he was very good.

Johnny_Dogg4

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

if he can show form like late last year, then his spot is safe. however if that was false hope then id expect him to be dropped at some point

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

Unfortunately for Easton his biggest strength has always been his athleticism which is the first thing to go. I still think he's easily beat 22 this season though. Was our only good player in our final last year. Come finals this year I'd definitely want him on the field.

Bailey Smith would like a word with you.

Cordy won't get dropped
Cordy can play on the mediums and every team is trying to get one into their side.
I like his natural aggression. We need more of it.

Ghenghis

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2012
Clifton Springs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
there is no other team
Cordy can play on the mediums and every team is trying to get one into their side.
I like his natural aggression. We need more of it.
Worst case I have Cordy on my interchange. He gives flexibility at either end with his height and hardness at the ball.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
C4. Check drafts and trading board.

Wines has never really lived up to expectations. Just shits me to no end that this will dominate victorian sporting headlines.
Why does it matter of it dominates that headlines. I'm happy for us to continue going about our business behind the scenes. Hawks were never splashed on the back page for their trade periods leading to their threepeat..

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
C4. Check drafts and trading board.

Wines has never really lived up to expectations. Just shits me to no end that this will dominate victorian sporting headlines.

Thanks. C4 is usually on the money.

Wines is emblematic of Port. Great in his first year, and a disappointment ever since.

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
Looks like its wines' last year at port adelaide.

Carlton will yet again get what they want with their neverending salary cap.

I’m not 100% certain that he heads to Carlton (even though he wanted to last year), I just know that he won’t be at Port after this year.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
I’m not 100% certain that he heads to Carlton (even though he wanted to last year), I just know that he won’t be at Port after this year.

Your info is always appreciated here mate !! Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back