Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think he can still be a decent AFL player and will do well in a team with a better system for moving the ball but he couldn't get a game this year despite our forward struggles and we're adding another highly rated tall forward at the end of the year so I think his papers are stamped.
He played a few games early played one bad game got injured 1st quarter next scratch match has been back 3 weeks

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Everyone writing off schache way too early has been injured half the year is still young as , will be a mistake to let him go, I don't think we will there are 10 to let go before him anyway
I think you are right on Schache. His injury this season (a crazy one season) took a toll on him big time. He is a big talent IMO and will get better. Has been unlucky with injuries. When he is good, he is pretty good. A bit of maturity is needed.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think you are right on Schache. His injury this season (a crazy one season) took a toll on him big time. He is a big talent IMO and will get better. Has been unlucky with injuries. When he is good, he is pretty good. A bit of maturity is needed.
What was his injury? I thought he got dropped and missed a week or two then was playing scratch matches.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What does everyone thing about trading for a small to medium forward?

The jury is out on Cavarra and Weightman (both could be great but you just don't know), Dickson is gone, Toby is out for the year, and Lloyd can't get a game. I feel we've got a pretty big deficiency there, at least in the short term.

I don't know who is available, just putting it out there.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets

The jury is out on Cavarra and Weightman (both could be great but you just don't know), Dickson is gone, Toby is out for the year, and Lloyd can't get a game. I feel we've got a pretty big deficiency there, at least in the short term.

We have been linked to Jack lonie In the past

Can't imagine how they'd squeeze him in for a million dollars when they already have to cut people to fit in De Goey, Moore and Grundy.
Stephenson out, Mayne contract off the books, Pendles contract reduction. Clubs have a way of making it happen - Tom Lynch at Richmond, Danger at Geelong. Even Carlton last year freeing up $1m to front load Martin so he could walk in the PSD.

It may shake a few Pies mid-pricers out, like Aish was last year. If that means Tom Phillips (a genuine wing who runs both ways) is available, I'd certainly be asking the question. Sier would get bigger dollars elsewhere too.

We have been linked to a small pressure forward, with Lonie and Bedford the two names floated.

Given we chased Martin and Wingard in past years a classy medium forward is on the wishlist too. We'd be waiting for the cap and list reduction for 2021 to really work out who else we could target.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have been linked to a small pressure forward, with Lonie and Bedford the two names floated.

Given we chased Martin and Wingard in past years a classy medium forward is on the wishlist too. We'd be waiting for the cap and list reduction for 2021 to really work out who else we could target.

If Bruce can find some form I think there is enough X factor in our forward line with Naught, JUH and Wallis. Pressure forwards in the 2016 mould are the absolute must.

Lonie's pressure ratings are pretty good. Certainly superior to any other genuine small forward we have. I had to google Bedford, never even heard of him.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Bruce can find some form I think there is enough X factor in our forward line with Naught, JUH and Wallis. Pressure forwards in the 2016 mould are the absolute must.

Lonie's pressure ratings are pretty good. Certainly superior to any other genuine small forward we have. I had to google Bedford, never even heard of him.
Bedford has played two of the poorest games for Melbourne this year that you’re ever likely to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back