Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Stephenson, Treloar, Cox

As I said they are trying to make it happen

Always been rumours surrounded Treloar. Absolutely would not be surprised if Treloar did go.

Would be an interesting choice though to let him go considering Pendlebury ain't getting any younger and I would hate the thought of trading out your burst midfielder.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Genuinely insulting as a supporter If the links to Jack Lonie are true. Why the hell do we think he’s good enough for our footy club if Saints are happy to let him walk? This bloke is Lloyd 2.0. The only time I see him run hard inside 50 is when he’s sprinting to the boundary to be the closest to a free kick. Surely as a footy club we are better than pursuing blokes like him?
Go after Bobby Hill. Speed and X factor. Not a small forward plodder that offers absolutely nothing defensively.

Last edited:

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
You seem to get a hell of a lot of info. Do you mind indicating where you get it from or is it just what you hear/read in the media? Be great to have a poster on here with the inside track.
I get info from a ex player I know who is involved at the club still,
Info I have is Carltank have inquired about any chance Macrae or Dunkley could be pried out.
Once the Dogs mentioned what they would want, they kind of smiled and mentioned thanks but no, but will get back with a counter offer maybe.

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
What about Peter Wright from the Suns. Could share the ruck load with English and swap up forward. Beautiful kick of the ball and after a wasted year would be busting at the seams next year.

I worked with his dad and bulldogs were going to draft him at pick 6 before the Griffen / Boyd deal and pick 6 turned it all on its head. I'm sure he still fits Bevo mantra.

doggy_dog

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Ben Ronke cost us a pick in the 60's or later I would trade him in.

Quick and good pressure. Been a bit of a let down with his form of late but I'd trade him in and have him at the feet of our talls.
Yeah I’d gladly take a cheap punt on Ronke. Pretty sure in his debut season he had 100% tackle effectiveness through his first 8 games or something ridiculous like that, and obviously had that 7 goal game and another 5 goal game later in the season.

He’s looked really skinny since then and hasn’t got back to anywhere the form he showed. If we think we can turn him around he could be a genuine steal

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It seems like the club and most people in this board want us to add a fast, high pressure forward with x factor.
Most of the names we've been linked to don't seem to fill anyone with enthusiasm (me either) and are either labelled to slow, not defensive or down hill skiers.
I don't get to watch many games not involving the dogs so I'd love to know which small forwards people would like us to target who would meet the criteria of being fast, defensive, having x-factor and being consistent.
I don't think there are that many players out there who fit that description and, while people are happy to write off players, I haven't really seen anyone offering suggestions about who we should target.

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What about Peter Wright from the Suns. Could share the ruck load with English and swap up forward. Beautiful kick of the ball and after a wasted year would be busting at the seams next year.

I worked with his dad and bulldogs were going to draft him at pick 6 before the Griffen / Boyd deal and pick 6 turned it all on its head. I'm sure he still fits Bevo mantra.
Any intel on why he hasn't played this year? Sam Day hasn't exactly set the world alight for the Suns.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It seems like the club and most people in this board want us to add a fast, high pressure forward with x factor.
Most of the names we've been linked to don't seem to fill anyone with enthusiasm (me either) and are either labelled to slow, not defensive or down hill skiers.
I don't get to watch many games not involving the dogs so I'd love to know which small forwards people would like us to target who would meet the criteria of being fast, defensive, having x-factor and being consistent.
I don't think there are that many players out there who fit that description and, while people are happy to write off players, I haven't really seen anyone offering suggestions about who we should target.
Bobby hill and Malcolm rosas are the two that immediately come to mind

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bobby hill and Malcolm rosas are the two that immediately come to mind
Sorry I should have been clearer. Who are the players who currently fit that bill in the AFL?
Hill has kicked 4 goals this year, no goal assists and 2 tackles a game and I don't think Rosa's has debuted yet. They might be players who could develop but it's speculation at this stage.
The other issue is do we have an environment where young indigenous players can feel comfortable and thrive?
Would Liam Ryan have developed the way he has if he was at the Bulldogs?

Chops

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Ben Ronke cost us a pick in the 60's or later I would trade him in.

Quick and good pressure. Been a bit of a let down with his form of late but I'd trade him in and have him at the feet of our talls.
Throw up any half decent name, likelihood of it happening 100/1. Likelihood of it happening cheap 10000/1

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry I should have been clearer. Who are the players who currently fit that bill in the AFL?
Hill has kicked 4 goals this year, no goal assists and 2 tackles a game and I don't think Rosa's has debuted yet. They might be players who could develop but it's speculation at this stage.
The other issue is do we have an environment where young indigenous players can feel comfortable and thrive?
Would Liam Ryan have developed the way he has if he was at the Bulldogs?
An attitude like that would be why we have me indigenous boys, we need to bring a few in at once in order to maximise their growth and make sure they're comfortable.rosas is a quality player and had in not been for rankine playing good footy I think he would be in the 1s currently. Also the way gws play they don't use their small forwards at all except for the last game when they let Daniels have a good chunk of contests in an open pocket, any small forward would struggle in their setup.
The genuine top tier small forwards will all be next to impossible to move but those two I see as the most likely of becoming something

Genuinely insulting as a supporter If the links to Jack Lonie are true. Why the hell do we think he’s good enough for our footy club if Saints are happy to let him walk? This bloke is Lloyd 2.0. The only time I see him run hard inside 50 is when he’s sprinting to the boundary to be the closest to a free kick. Surely as a footy club we are better than pursuing blokes like him?
Go after Bobby Hill. Speed and X factor. Not a small forward plodder that offers absolutely nothing defensively.
Jack Lonie is third in the entire competition for tackles inside 50. Bobby Hill is equal 300th.

lol @ the posters wanting a high pressure forward with the x factor

We had Stringer and now we have Gowers. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT PEOPLE?
I think we want that pressure to be on the opposition though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back