Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that Hickey from the Eagles and Fort from the Cats could be available. Assuming they come very cheap either of them would be great insurance for English. Probably Hickey in particular as he’s not terrible around the ground for a ruckman

I don't get the hate for Matera. He has averaged over 1.4 goals a game in 4 of his last 7 seasons for very low scoring teams.
Yes he may not be the best defensive forward but stylistically he is very close to Butler who lots of people are bemoaning the fact that we missed out on.
I'm not necessarily advocating picking him up, but if we did he would instantly be our best crumming forward and would bring a goal sense that none of the guys we play in that role possess.
If nothing else he is experience, depth and pressure for games in a position we are desperately lacking.
Is there something I'm missing?
Lloyd is a better version of Matera imo

I don't get the hate for Matera. He has averaged over 1.4 goals a game in 4 of his last 7 seasons for very low scoring teams.
Yes he may not be the best defensive forward but stylistically he is very close to Butler who lots of people are bemoaning the fact that we missed out on.
I'm not necessarily advocating picking him up, but if we did he would instantly be our best crumming forward and would bring a goal sense that none of the guys we play in that role possess.
If nothing else he is experience, depth and pressure for games in a position we are desperately lacking.
Is there something I'm missing?
I wouldn't want matera if we were planning on him being that sole small forward but a cheap experienced player to come in when needed and play his role. I'd also like to know why Isaiah butters was delisted

I think the only problem with Richards is that we armchair analysts can't identify what it is that he is contributing to the team either visually or statistically.
But clearly he is contributing in a big way as he is picked every week without fail.
Maybe it is gut running to fill holes in our zone, or creating space in our forward structure or taking an opponent out of the play.
There are lots of elements to the game of football that are hard to identify from the outside.
Good post. I watched him closely in my 2nd look at the Freo game given all the commentary here and did notice some good blocking defensive work. He is pretty strong for his size. Not sure if it’s enough to get him picked each week but it’s something that’s hard for us average watchers to analyse

How many times over recent seasons have you, like me, cried out during our games: "Where's our crumber?, or "Who's scouting the pack?" Seems to me that many opportunities go begging when our forwards fly for marks and there just isn't any body near the fall of the ball to snap a cheap goal. If Cavarra or Weightman is not that player then I'm all in for trading in someone who can do the job.

How many times over recent seasons have you, like me, cried out during our games: "Where's our crumber?, or "Who's scouting the pack?" Seems to me that many opportunities go begging when our forwards fly for marks and there just isn't any body near the fall of the ball to snap a cheap goal. If Cavarra or Weightman is not that player then I'm all in for trading in someone who can do the job.
Probably the same amount of times as other club supporters. It’s a difficult position to play consistently and the good ones are hard to find

Last edited:
Small tidbit that Rance is considering coming back to Tigers so Higgins wants out.

Makes senes with some of the scuttlebutt flying around
Not a shred of credibility...for a start, Rance can't just walk back into Richmond. He would have to enter the draft as he is no longer on the Richmond list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a shred of credibility...for a start, Rance can't just walk back into Richmond. He would have to enter the draft as he is no longer on the Richmond list.
He was still on the list. They kept him contracted this year. Either way I can't see him coming back

Amen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

yep and if anyone other than Richmond picks him he won’t play much like Watson did With the eagles.

Been said by plenty of people he is considering a come back, even he mentioned it was a chance but obviously you know better

He was still on the list. They kept him contracted this year. Either way I can't see him coming back
My bad...you are correct. How embarrassment....

Curious what people think of Lachie Schultz at Dockers. The games I’ve seen this year (not many) he has been good. Out of contract and a ex Williamstown player. I wonder if we have asked about him.

Curious what people think of Lachie Schultz at Dockers. The games I’ve seen this year (not many) he has been good. Out of contract and a ex Williamstown player. I wonder if we have asked about him.
Twilight Zone player too good for the second tier and 18-22 at best at AFL level 178cm and 78kg like a bigger harder version of Ben Cavarra though in fairness a lot better in the air. Natural footballer very like Jake Aarts from the Richmond team 177cm and 76kg.

Twilight Zone player too good for the second tier and 18-22 at best at AFL level 178cm and 78kg like a bigger harder version of Ben Cavarra though in fairness a lot better in the air. Natural footballer very like Jake Aarts from the Richmond team 177cm and 76kg.
To be fair natural footballers are exactly what we need up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back