Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GWS want to match the bid on Cameron to make the Cats trade do they need to have that amount free in there cap before they can actually match it..? Just thought someone on here would know that’s all.

Lloyd finished top 10 in our BnF last year I believe.

What has happened to him this year ? Pretty sudden drop off.
I'm not talking about Lloyd specifically but in general I think we need to take 2020 form with a grain of salt.

With minimal to no training and living out of a hotel room for months on end, some players were going to adapt better than others.

Those who got into a funk probably found it nigh on impossible to get out of it.

Lloyd is another "non contest" small forward who needs time and space. He is good at the role, yet the game has moved past that type of player as the game is more contested and small fast crumbing forward that thrive in a contest are sort after...re why Vanders added so much for us this year. Lloyd slipping out the back for a goal, yet having barely any contested possessions and no tackles doesn't cut it.

Dickson
Trengrove
Loyd
Suckling
Gowers
Lynch
Green

Trade
Schache
Dale
Jong

Easy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We need to wait to see whether list sizes are going to be 38 and 4 rookies or 40 and 2 before anything happens. Hence why there has been no news out of the clubs about who leaves.

If list sizes are 38 and 4, I reckon we will de-list 7, bring 2 in via trade or FA and draft 3. If list sizes are 40 and 2, I reckon we will de-list 7, bring 2 in via trade or FA, draft 3 and upgrade 2 rookies to the main list.

After Dickson, I think Trengrove, Lynch and Greene are the likely candidates, Schache if we can find another home for him. The other others to be jettisoned, who knows?

We need to keep a couple of break glass in case of emergency players like Gowers and Hayes.

We need to wait to see whether list sizes are going to be 38 and 4 rookies or 40 and 2 before anything happens. Hence why there has been no news out of the clubs about who leaves.

If list sizes are 38 and 4, I reckon we will de-list 7, bring 2 in via trade or FA and draft 3. If list sizes are 40 and 2, I reckon we will de-list 7, bring 2 in via trade or FA, draft 3 and upgrade 2 rookies to the main list.

After Dickson, I think Trengrove, Lynch and Greene are the likely candidates, Schache if we can find another home for him. The other others to be jettisoned, who knows?

We need to keep a couple of break glass in case of emergency players like Gowers and Hayes.

I really feel clubs will use this time to clean out.
Never has there been a time where players association could or would let this happen.
The Vfl is going to very strong in 2021

Essendon/Dodoro at the trade table:

Dodoro: We are interested in Josh Dunkley, if you trade him to us, we will give you this packet of Samboy Salt N Vinegar Chips.

WB: Um...no?

Dodoro: What! Outrageous! Jesus H Christ, why do I and my club have such a terrible reputation with these sort of things and why does every club hate dealing with us?

5 Years Earlier

WB: Hi Essendon. Stewart Crameri has nominated us as the club he’d like to go to. We’d like to open discussions to work out a good trade that benefits all parties.

Dodoro: Fine. Give us Bontempelli, Macrae, your first round pick for the next 20 years, a Ferrari dealership, my own recording studio, and I want to be majority shareholder in both Apple and Facebook.

WB: Um...no?

Dodoro: What! Outrageous! Jesus H Christ, why do I and my club have such a terrible reputation with these sort of things and why does every club hate dealing with us?
Funnily enough they did want the pick we used on Bontempelli so they could draft him.

Keep Gowers and trade schache? Bahahaha your kidding ?

I really feel clubs will use this time to clean out.
Never has there been a time where players association could or would let this happen.
The Vfl is going to very strong in 2021

I don't see us making more than 7 list changes and unlikely that other clubs will either aside from those rebuilding like Norf. Reason being that the are so many unknowns with the draft pool given that so little junior footy and state league footy has been played.

Keep Gowers and trade schache? Bahahaha your kidding ?
Schache's papers appear to have been stamped by Bevo. The kid has been in the AFL system for 5 years and hasn't made it. It has been covered on this thread ad-nasuem.

In a similar vein Gowers seems to be in favour with Bevo so I don't think he will get cut.

What we want to happen here on BF and what will happen may be two different things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers won a premiership with Griggs in the ruck and are doing all right with just one at the moment. The cats don’t have a great centre square ruckman.
He played second ruck pre 6-6-6 rule - and the tigers would line up 5-6-7 as a general rule and switch to 4-6-8 whenever Grigg went into the centre.
Grigg givign chop-outs in the ruck isn't something they'd do under the current rules.

I think he did the dirty on his mrs by porking the club physio.

Not on the same shitty Stringer type level but a disruption none the less.
So more Gary Rohan-esk than Jake Stringer-esk

In terms of adding players to the list and how many picks we will use, it should be remembered that the upgrading of a rookie will count as a pick used.

Impact Forward/Burst Mid- Jake Stringer
The only bursting Stringer would do in 2020 would be the seams of his jumper. 27 disposals in total in his last five games.

I wonder if Jordan Clark is on our radar.
Freo are heavily into him. Weird as they paid big for Wilson from GWS and have Ryan, but Clark is one who could be squeezed out at Geelong.
Charlie Constable too but he's not a need for us.

What part of my post was OTT? I just summarised a general posting consensus for this board over the 2020 season.

Plus, I still don't believe English is a genuine ruckman, nor ever will be. He is a midfielder being played in the ruck due to his height.
Richmond's flag team last year had Nankervis and Soldo, btw. During finals, they've used Chol and Astbury as backups, both significantly taller than Grigg or Dunkley. Chol, Soldo and Nankervis as ruckmen have played 35 games between them in 2020. Cats also rotate genuine talls through the ruck (Stanley, Blicavs, Fort, Ratugolea, even Hawkins), not midfielders. Some of he most competitive ruck performances from us late in the season were when Bruce was rucking, as he at least gave a physical contest.
What part of my post was OTT? I just summarised a general posting consensus for this board over the 2020 season.

The bit where you claimed our rucks were mismanaged this year. Can only pick players you have on the list.

Can argue our list wasn’t managed properly but lists are complex things and for us to have a Goldstein this year would mean we would have lost a decent player somewhere else

He played second ruck pre 6-6-6 rule - and the tigers would line up 5-6-7 as a general rule and switch to 4-6-8 whenever Grigg went into the centre.
Grigg givign chop-outs in the ruck isn't something they'd do under the current rules.
Maybe not but I note they managed on Friday night with just one

I'm not talking about Lloyd specifically but in general I think we need to take 2020 form with a grain of salt.

With minimal to no training and living out of a hotel room for months on end, some players were going to adapt better than others.

Those who got into a funk probably found it nigh on impossible to get out of it.
Agree

I know Bruce underperformed this year and I can’t speak for everyone but I reckon living in a hotel room with a toddler and another on the way wouldn’t be my idea of a good time

Schache's papers appear to have been stamped by Bevo. The kid has been in the AFL system for 5 years and hasn't made it. It has been covered on this thread ad-nasuem.

In a similar vein Gowers seems to be in favour with Bevo so I don't think he will get cut.

What we want to happen here on BF and what will happen may be two different things.
Gowers played 3 games this year, Schache 2 (unavailable for most of the later games through injury).

Not sure if describe either as being particularly more in favour than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back