Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over time we need to get players like Roarke and Gardner out of the side. Roarke isn't an awful player by any means but he is a weak link, that was shown in the elim.

Imagine if R.Smith was replaced with Merrett, it doesn't have to be someone of Merrett's caliber but an upgrade there would help greatly.

Same situation with Gardner, you don't need a big name world beater down there.

Over time we need to get players like Roarke and Gardner out of the side. Roarke isn't an awful player by any means but he is a weak link, that was shown in the elim.

Imagine if R.Smith was replaced with Merrett, it doesn't have to be someone of Merrett's caliber but an upgrade there would help greatly.

Same situation with Gardner, you don't need a big name world beater down there.
Considering how long Roarke spent in the forward line in the elim final, the fact we're bringing in Hannan means a direct upgrade already.

I don't think replacing Gardner is as pressing a need as fixing our deplorable forward line. At least right now, our defence somewhat functions okay, with only minor tweaks needed. The forward line needs a major overhaul in gameplan and personnel. I'd hope between West, Garcia and Cavarra, there's a small pressure forward there, but we may need to find someone through the trade period if not

Considering how long Roarke spent in the forward line in the elim final, the fact we're bringing in Hannan means a direct upgrade already.

I don't think replacing Gardner is as pressing a need as fixing our deplorable forward line. At least right now, our defence somewhat functions okay, with only minor tweaks needed. The forward line needs a major overhaul in gameplan and personnel. I'd hope between West, Garcia and Cavarra, there's a small pressure forward there, but we may need to find someone through the trade period if not

Our forward line (insipid in some areas) is majorly hurt by the extra number we play around the ball.

We need a competent first ruck so we can go head to head. Pushing English forward, Naughton with more continuity in 2021 and JUH as an option does give us a much better look.

Rourke and Richards as part of the forward rotation is where we get hurt badly in terms of quality. Hannan replacing Rourke and another option rising to take Richards spot (or Richards making a big step in progress himself), is where we get the balance right.

Hopefully Essendon sniffing around the edges of Dunks helps Bev work out you can’t just throw anyone in the ruck and expect them to cop it quietly.

I have about a 0.000001% chance we will lose Dunks this year but continue to play him in the ruck may push him out the door and losing someone of his stature at the club would be an enormous loss no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Would you guys do the following:

Essendon: Dunkley + Sydney's 2nd
Dogs: Papley
Sydney: Pick 7 + late first

Papley did request for a trade back to Vic last year so maybe he can be convinced.
Am I missing something? What is Essendon giving up here? 2 first round picks for an A grade mid AND a higher first round pick? Sounds like robbery in plain daylight to me.

i do not have any idea as to the ability of JUH and i hope the adulation is on the right track. What is the outlook if he becomes a BF potato?

I really hope he doesn’t, but we have an extremely exciting young key forward in Naughton, and English can push forward if he gets some ruck backup. A fitter Bruce in a team that can train together properly should be an asset too.

Hopefully Essendon sniffing around the edges of Dunks helps Bev work out you can’t just throw anyone in the ruck and expect them to cop it quietly.

I have about a 0.000001% chance we will lose Dunks this year but continue to play him in the ruck may push him out the door and losing someone of his stature at the club would be an enormous loss no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Exactly what you get when you play players out of position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i do not have any idea as to the ability of JUH and i hope the adulation is on the right track. What is the outlook if he becomes a BF potato?

Bloke has elite leg speed. The good news with that is that he can be used in any area of the ground.

Let's say he's not the KPF we want him to be. We can easily use him in defence due to his ability to close space.

We have alternatives if he ain't the key forward like everyone says he will be.

If Dunkley wants out hope Sam Power asks the question about one of these players Merrett, Hurley, Tipungwuti if not no deal Sam Power walks away.

Give up Dunkley for a down hill skier like Tipa, wouldn't even give a used training witches hat for him, let the druggies keep him

Am I missing something? What is Essendon giving up here? 2 first round picks for an A grade mid AND a higher first round pick? Sounds like robbery in plain daylight to me.

Nope that’s how Essendope fans see trade week

They have to “win” every trade even when they have no hand

And considering they can’t trade this years or next years first rounder due to previous trades.

And considering they can’t trade this years or next years first rounder due to previous trades.
They will be bringing In extra first rounders from lions and Carlton so will be able to trade out some firsts.
As you say though they need to win every trade week, seems to have worked a treat so far.

Depends how you define winning, but really every club should be aiming to win trade week, win draft night, win the off season etc as every club is hoping to be the best.

Depends how you define winning, but really every club should be aiming to win trade week, win draft night, win the off season etc as every club is hoping to be the best.

I mean that players such as Daniher and Saad tell them they want out so instead of just getting a deal done like most clubs do the bummers ask for 42 first rounders and 12 players.

Then screw every other club when they pinch a player.

F$ck them I say. I wouldn’t trade them Lin Jong and Bailey Dale I hate them that much.

Is Hannan better than Dale? I fear we keep filling spots with players who aren’t significantly better than those they’re supposed to replace
Hannan is a Gowers and/or Lloyd replacement rather than a Dale replacement in my view. And therefore is not a significant upgrade but is likely to be better than either next year. So it gets down to what we have to give up to get an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back