Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys need to get some ******* perspective and not take player movement so personally or as a sign of the clubs impending doom. It’s the way of things where contracts aren’t worth a used bit of bog roll. If Dunkley does indeed leave its not a reflection on the club, but on him either taking a once in a lifetime offer and cashing in or seeing the writing on the wall for his position in the starting midfield. Either way...life and the club will go on.

I haven’t followed the Bulldogs for as long as many on here, but the history of the dogs was as a feeder club to others for premiership players, so it’s understandable that people get a bit nervous when our players get targeted.

I would like to think we have the upper hand, but we rarely do
What happens if will lose JUH and Dunkley? o_O
What????? What if the sky falls down tomorrow? Jesus mate....get a grip.

In form he is better nearer goal. In form he marks a hell of a lot more than he did this season. Does have a huge tank though.

Only my opinion of course. Many at the Saints thought he was better up the ground. Sorry don't watch the Bulldogs enough to know about who is better up ground, but with limited knowledge Naughton up the ground hitting a leading Bruce would be a likely scenario.

Sorry guys, said 5 or so posts back, I'll get off your board, leave you guys to it.

Yes I am in the Bruce better up the ground camp as in he liked to play as a mobile player. He has a great tank and often with us seemed to mark well on the wing, and not so much at FF with a FB on his back.

He could have the occasional day out at FF, but that was mainly against teams with weak defence.

I suspect you would get maximum value out of him if another player is the FF target and Bruce runs/floats around including pushing up for the kicks out of defence to him.

My favourite is when people consider it to be a sign of poor culture and a terrible club when a player potentially considers receiving $1 million+ dollars extra in the next 5 years as more enticing than a small chance to win a flag with us when you already won one.

Like fu** me, footy isn't the only thing in life, even for footy players. I'd take the money every day of the week

Footy means less to some players than it does to some of us.

I haven’t followed the Bulldogs for as long as many on here, but the history of the dogs was as a feeder club to others for premiership players, so it’s understandable that people get a bit nervous when our players get targeted.

If the reported offer is correct, very few players would knock it back regardless of the which club they play for. If we were willing to target and make a similar offer to a player from tonight’s premiership side we’d be seeing exactly the same media leaks/speculation/fan handwringing.

Last edited:
Well, there are lots of reports from the usual suspects that Dunks wants a trade

However, we've heard nothing from the man himself.

Let's keep our powder dry until that happens - if indeed it does .

I remember clearly the paper talk around Port Adelaide's offer to Chris Grant in 1996, especially the following:

"Bulldogs star Chris Grant will sign with Port Adelaide this morning".

Two hours later, he announced he was staying with the Dogs.

It aint done yet.

Well, there are lots of reports from the usual suspects that Dunks wants a trade

I remember clearly the paper talk around Port Adelaide's offer to Chris Grant in 1996, especially the following:

It aint done yet.
Dear Josh,

It is I, a poor Bulldogs boy. Here is my pocket money for you. Please stay.

Love cherrypie

It aint done yet.
Righto who's sending their 20c coins to Dunks?

Surely the talk of contract size is pre reduction for next year
If cap falls by 20-30% then $900 is actually $1.1+ in terms of last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It aint done yet.

Yes and if the druggies want him he’s got two years to go on his contract, so pay the f*** up.

900k for 5 years. Silly money. They‘re desperate so if he goes we should screw them to the wall.

No issues with your posting. Unfortunately the aggressive nuffies stand out amongst the crowd and get personally offended at the very idea of an opposition poster engaging here
Genuine discussion is fine when posters are genuinely trying to engage in legit discussion. Smart a*** suggestions- not so much. If you find me an aggressive nuffy, so be it. The question was how do we feel about the suggested trade. If Dodo offered that, I would hope that Power told him pretty much what I said :)

Some of you guys need to get some ******* perspective and not take player movement so personally or as a sign of the clubs impending doom. It’s the way of things where contracts aren’t worth a used bit of bog roll. If Dunkley does indeed leave its not a reflection on the club, but on him either taking a once in a lifetime offer and cashing in or seeing the writing on the wall for his position in the starting midfield. Either way...life and the club will go on.
Agree. Geelongs best player, Ablett, left for a godfather deal in 2010, they won a flag in 2011.:In 2013 Hawthorn lost their best player. Buddy, to a Godfather deal, they backed up with 2 flags.

Good teams lose good players and move forwards.

Agree. Geelongs best player, Ablett, left for a godfather deal in 2010, they won a flag in 2011.:In 2013 Hawthorn lost their best player. Buddy, to a Godfather deal, they backed up with 2 flags.

Even this last offseason the cats lost their second best mid in Kelly and improved

Dear Josh,

It is I, a poor Bulldogs boy. Here is my pocket money for you. Please stay.

Love cherrypie

Dear Cherrypie,

My first year in bulldog jersey was nightmare. Supporters bullied me all night long. But I will definitely stay

Love,

Josh Bruce

Love Josh, but this is a life-changing offer, and also fits into our need to expand in areas of the list that are deficient.

This is all about Essendon bringing in leadership to a largely rudderless group and filling an inside mid area that is lacking. Josh is the perfect candidate.

I'd go for Jordan Ridley and their 2021 1st rd (likely bottom 6-7). Ridely would help replace Wood and compliment Keith. We hold the cards, and Essendon have to clear their bank to see them.

Last edited:

Exactly!

Genuine discussion is fine when posters are genuinely trying to engage in legit discussion. Smart a*** suggestions- not so much. If you find me an aggressive nuffy, so be it. The question was how do we feel about the suggested trade. If Dodo offered that, I would hope that Power told him pretty much what I said :)
I would say yours (and many others') response was pretty unnecessary and disproportionate to the comment being replied to. Easier to say "lol no" and move on

Don't blame him for wanting to go. With bevvys stubborn attitude with the ruck debacle, he's probably cracked The Poops.. I would too..

Don't blame him for wanting to go. With bevvys stubborn attitude with the ruck debacle, he's probably cracked The Poops.. I would too..
More likely about six thousand extra pineapples in the pay packet per year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back