Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long term it’s a fantastic acquisition. But short term I don’t see it improving your team that greatly next year. Particularly when clubs around the same ladder position are adding players who are in the prime of their careers. Having Dunkley wanting out is a head scratcher.
I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by JUH and his ability to help us next year. I'm not heaping pressure on him or expecting the world but I'd love if he could slot in as a 3rd tall and kick 20-25 goals next year and provide some real excitement along with Naughton & Bruce.

We’re into hospital tonight for the induction of our first baby. Slightly s*itting myself but will be using BigFooty.com as one of my distractions (in between massages for my wife) tonight while we have hours to burn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Best of luck to all of you.

I'd be similar. I'd go;
Gawn
Nic Nat
Grundy
Goldstein
Marshall
Darcy
OBrien
Witt's
Nankervis
Mcinerney

I prefer the more mobile rucks which is why I have the Nank/Marshall/O’Brien’s over Witts and would prefer English to Darcy.

I probably have Nankervis too high but he really is one of my favourites. Wouldn’t win the hit out count often but never gets killed in the ruck contests that the opposition ruck puts it on a platter. His follow up work is really good, drops back into the hole and takes intercept marks and can kick a goal if he goes forward.

If you can’t get an AA calibre ruck I think he is the prototype of the next best thing. I feel like Marshall is the most likely to make a jump into that top couple in the next few seasons

Anyone care to have a crack at naming the top 10 ruckmen in the game right now?
Josh Dunkley
Daylight
Josh bruce

We’re into hospital tonight for the induction of our first baby. Slightly s*itting myself but will be using BigFooty.com as one of my distractions (in between massages for my wife) tonight while we have hours to burn.

Enjoy the time mate. Seeing your child for the first time is the most wondrous thing you will ever experience. Remember my eldest like it was yesterday, and he's currently completing year 12.

Great news, all the best. Learning curve with #1 is steep, but comes in handy for #2, #3, etc! Hope all goes well. :baby:

Best of luck to you both :)

Enjoy the time mate. Seeing your child for the first time is the most wondrous thing you will ever experience. Remember my eldest like it was yesterday, and he's currently completing year 12.

Thanks mate, I’m definitely looking forward to the first meeting. It’ll also mean my wife is feeling a lot better, which will make me happy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you don't want to hear from an Essendon supporter right and i have no idea what's going on with Dunkley. But I just wanted to say that this classiest, most measured trade thread I've ever read. Nice work Dogs - impressive. :thumbsu:
I recommend taking a look at Carltons board for a laugh. They're convinced they're getting Saad, Williams, Oliver, Hunter, Viney, Wines and De Goey for Matthew Kennedy

Thanks mate, one of those things that you can never truly prepare for I guess!

Yeah, like bobs head soup said, it's wondrous, also scary, magical and lots of other emotions wrapped up together. It's the start of a great journey for all of you. :)

As a father of 5, I shat myself every time I was there. I missed the birth of my last as I was deployed but I can honestly say that every time was amazing. Good luck and congrats.

1. nicnat
2. Gawn
3. Goldstein
4. Grundy
5. Marshall
6. Lycett
7. Nankervis (His finals were insane)
8. O’brien
9. Darcy
10. Witts
Nic Nat
Max Gawn
Edited: I don't know why I wrote Stefan Martin lmao. I'd have that young fella from St Kilda whos name escapes me.
Brodie Grundy
Todd Goldstein
Jarrod Witts
Toby Nankervis
Scott Lycett
Riley O’Brien
Paddy Ryder?
Tough question. Would say the top four are a distance above the rest, and would have Goldstein a bit off the top 3.

1. Gawn
2. Grundy
3. Naitanui
4. Goldstein
5. Nankervis
6. Marshall
7. Ryder
8. O'Brien
9. Witts
10. Lycett
Gawn, Grundy, Nic Nat, Goldy, Witts, Marshall, Lycett, O'Brien, Nankervis, Ryder.

At first look.
Gawn
Goldstein
Grundy
Nic Nat
O'Brien
Marshall
Witts
Lycett

Last two spots any of Ryder, McInerney, English or someone else I've forgotten.

I'd be going for Lycett or Witts if at all gettable. Both 28 so should have another 4 good years in them
I'd be similar. I'd go;
Gawn
Nic Nat
Grundy
Goldstein
Marshall
Darcy
OBrien
Witt's
Nankervis
Mcinerney

So, I'm seeing a lot of the same names but the ones that stand out are: O'Brien, Marshall, Witts, Lycett, Darcy. I'd even throw in McInerney, Sinclair, Pittonet and Soldo as second/third tier options worth looking at.

Armed with whatever we can flip Dunkley for, surely one of these elite rucks is gettable for the right price? The same way Dunkley is gettable for the right price.

If we can line up a suitable on-trade, then Dunkley should be able to leave. If we can't, he stays.

The world should be our oyster right now.

As a father of 5, I shat myself every time I was there. I missed the birth of my last as I was deployed but I can honestly say that every time was amazing. Good luck and congrats.

If you are having an induction and its your first...you wont have time for big footy...its whoa to go with inductions and im pretty confident you wont be having a second if you pull your phone out and start reading Bigfooty....

Congratulations mate it’s the best feeling my partner just had twin daughters 3 weeks ago

So, I'm seeing a lot of the same names but the ones that stand out are: O'Brien, Marshall, Witts, Lycett, Darcy. I'd even throw in McInerney, Sinclair, Pittonet and Soldo as second/third tier options worth looking at.

Armed with whatever we can flip Dunkley for, surely one of these elite rucks is gettable for the right price? The same way Dunkley is gettable for the right price.

If we can line up a suitable on-trade, then Dunkley should be able to leave. If we can't, he stays.

The world should be our oyster right now.

I think big O is now the lions #1 man with Martin moving on. Sinclair id look at but Soldo no after an acl. Pittonet is still highly rated by the blues

Mark Stevens - “as it stands, Josh has not requested a trade with the dogs and has not told any team mates he wants out”.
What jumper will he be wearing next year? “Ah bulldogs”.

Mark Stevens - “as it stands, Josh has not requested a trade with the dogs and has not told any team mates he wants out”.
What jumper will he be wearing next year? “Ah bulldogs”.

Pretty much in-line with MD’s mail earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back