Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Chops

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Plenty of smiles around from the other returned players, but not Adz.

Gone quicker than following a Shane Watson review

I call BS. There is one pic of his back chatting to a smiling Garcia. I suppose Adz is crying.

No pics of Bazlenka, maybe that is more an issue?

Last edited:

BLACAE

Senior List
Sep 16, 2018
Toowoomba, QLD
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SEM Pheonix, Tas Jack Jumpers
My God in Heaven some of you people clutch at straws and focus on the what if's and could be's. How do you enjoy the off season with all that worry. In the end, what ever is going to happen will happen. The team has the talent to cover this sort of thing. Just enjoy the ride.

ScragCity

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There was a young Dog named Bedendo
Who Bev told to go and defend-o
But Dom said “That’s lame,
Playing forward’s my game
And defending is just a dead end-o”

DW this was so close to being brilliant but you used "Who" instead of "Whom." :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There was a young Dog named Bedendo
Who Bev told to go and defend-o
But Dom said “That’s lame,
Playing forward’s my game
And defending is just a dead end-o”

There was a young bloke called Bedendo

Who played footy like dancing a tango

His fine marking skills

Gives his rivals the chills

He’s sure to become a Scray hero

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Before anyone freaks out about Treloar, he’s at day one of pre-season today.
He’s only back so he can provide Josh with some moral support. Announcing on Saturday that he’s retiring after winning Lithuania’s Got Talent, focusing on his love of the unicycle

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
If Dale left, I'd be putting Richards into his spot. If Dunkley left, it'd be a rearrangement of midfielders and potentially West taking his spot. I'd be probably more comfortable witth the first.
West has not yet shown anything to date. Why are people thinking he is anywhere near his Dad? Hope I am wrong but the two games he played were poor. Is there anything I am missing? Was he really good in the 2s? Not sure.

Hoges64

Premiership Player
May 20, 2014
Droop St
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal!
West has not yet shown anything to date. Why are people thinking he is anywhere near his Dad? Hope I am wrong but the two games he played were poor. Is there anything I am missing? Was he really good in the 2s? Not sure.
I can't say I'm holding out much hope for him.

Not sure he has anything that really makes him next level. Plays ok in the twos with more time and lesser opponents. People saying he has elite hands but the couple of seniors games I've only ever seen him hold on to the ball for too long and get caught, or do selfish things.

By God do I want to be wrong and have him play 200+ games for us in Libba's role, but I don't see it.

weltschmerz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He's pretty consistently in our top three players at VFL level. He's a midfielder so playing in the forward line at AFL level isn't an ideal way for him to show what he can do. Garcia's probably shown more at AFL level, but I reckon West could be at least a good AFL-standard mid too.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought West had shown plenty up until the Richmond game last year. He was terribly selfish that game and it appeared to knock his confidence and possibility of selection.

Prior to that I was very impressed with how hard he ran at the ball and man. I think he will make it.

The Slitherin' Snake

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's incredibly hard at the ball and the man and has sticky hands. Thats two really important attributes for an inside mid. Composure should improve with experience and with composure his decision making will improve. There is a bit there to work with

BLACAE

Senior List
Sep 16, 2018
Toowoomba, QLD
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SEM Pheonix, Tas Jack Jumpers

He was excellent in the 2s. Good possession numbers, hitting the score board and being a good presence in the fwd 50. He along with a couple others got us back into a couple of games that we shouldn't have won. The kid is talented, just needs to play the team game a bit better and not try to comprehensively win every competition. I think he puts too much pressure on himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad