Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but if we’re dealing with Essendon then I think Tippa is the asset that we need to grab from that list. I know he’s loved and hated on this board but he’d be a net positive in our forward line.
I like Stephenson too, but there’s a lot that seems to be going on behind the scenes with him and also probably a lot (or maybe not much...) going on between his ears.
Is Hurley someone we'd still be interested in now or has that ship sailed do you think?

Welcome to “Naughton back” island my friend. This is a friendly place, where we love intercept marking and despise poor goal kicking.

English, Bruce and JUH is a good forward mix.

Wallis, Stephenson and a legitimate small forward round it out.
I'm starting to come around Fronk :)

man we are going to have to wait til Thursday arnt we wish they could get these deals done quicker lol,

also do they make trades on sat and sunday i dont think they do?

What kind of player is Treloar?

Who is he most similar to on our list and would it be a big complement to our best 18?

He actually reminds me a lot of Cooney pre cracked knee. The breakaway pace, reflexes and anticipation from packs, takes the game on, backs his pace even taking a bounce when being closely chased, probably likes to tackle more than Cooney did, both named Adam ;)

He won the ANZAC Day medal in 2018 and Neale Daniher medal in 2019.

Probably most like Bailey Smith of our current list, but gets more of the ball and quicker.

The massive contract is a major issue though.

Would love to hear Sam come on and say that he's asked for two 2021 firsts and Sam Walsh.

Would rather Tom Phillips than Trelaor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see what happens in good time and i am not better then that whatever that means, nothing has happened yet officially other than the stuff that has happened.
Well better then being a smart arse saying for somebody to look up deficit in the dictionary. And on that, it was a very unrealistic hypothetical. But saying that as in being in points deficit for next year, as I'm assuming that's what you meant, can always be done and helped with 2nd round picks and payers going out like Richard's, Dale etc.
That hypothetical I came up with I would do 100%, but it's 0% of even remotely been thought of.

Can someone call up trade radio and urge power not to bend over and present
I'd really like someone to call and ask these hosts to justify their logic behind their valuations of Saad and Dunkley that doesn't just come down to "I support Essendon".

Saad never an AA, while Dunkley made the squad in 2019 (has Saad ever made the squad?)
Saad is 26, Dunkley is 23
Saad is uncontracted, Dunkley has 2 years
Dunkley has a better record at the Brownlow
Dunkley plays a higher impact position (midfield vs half back)
Dunkley is 19th in player ratings. Saad is 63rd

Somehow Saad is easily worth Pick 8, possibly more. Meanwhile Dunkley is "maybe" worth Pick 8 at most. There's just no logic there.

Sam Power about to go on Air...

Will say the following..
- confirm expression from Josh's manager on request
- josh is required player
- josh is contracted player
- at this point would be highly unlikely josh would be playing elsewhere...

Ball back over the net....

This game of Tennis will go down to the last minute of trade week.
Essendon will have to sell the farm here...

I think we need to keep and trade pick 14 for some second-rounders this year to get JUH through the door.

Cameron is highly unlikely to happen, purely because of the price that he would cost. I would ring the pies, and ask the question of what Stephenson and Phillips would cost together. Either send a first-rounder to them or split the first-rounder for some later picks and send to them.

Phillips looks like he will go to Hawks, but if we get him and Hunter as starting wingman, with Richards or Laith rotating through, then that becomes elite.

Bring in Stephenson into the forward line, and you have him, Weightman, Mclean, Lippa, Dale at the feet of Naughts, Bruce, JUH or resting ruckman, while Wallis plays the medium tall, then our forward like gets fixed
Understand about the cost, but we have the room for that to happen plus upgrade Bont, Smith etc.
Instead of 7 for Stephenson and a 2nd maybe a swap with either Dale or Richard's and get two late firsts from Geelong for 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back