Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Northernsoul74

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As a Dogs fan growing up, I can't imagine Lipinski will be in any rush to leave the club. Admittedly i've not seen much of the Crows, but given the hype around McAsey, he hasn't seemed to live up to it just yet from the bits i've seen.
I’m not convinced by McAsey either yet but very early days. He does seem gettable though which is the first challenge and I believe we do need to improve at KPD.

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
Jun 17, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
We have absolutely zero chance with Balta. Would love it to happen though. He would improve us so much.
I’m not convinced by McAsey either yet but very early days. He does seem gettable though which is the first challenge and I believe we do need to improve at KPD.
I didn't followed McAsey's 2020 form but speaking more generally it can change quickly, especially for taller players. A topical example: Balta didn't get a game in his first year at Richmond but played 13 games in 2019 and 17 games in the shortened 2020 season.

I agree it's unlikely we'd prise Balta away from Richmond. We had our chance in the ND if we were after a quick tall player. He went at pick 25 in 2017 while we took Richards at 16 that year. However we need to remember that Balta would have been considered a huge reach at pick 16 especially after we'd drafted another tall defender in Naughton at pick 9. Knightmare had him going at pick 49 and Brett Anderson at pick 41. Twomey / Landsberger didn't mention him at all in their top 30/20. Fox had him at pick 40. Congrats to Richmond on their courageous drafting. Sometimes it pays off!

It's a hindsight call. I was happy with the Richards pick at the time but would we swap Richards for Balta now? I certainly would. Would it be enough for a trade? Nuh. Although who knows, maybe Richards will have a breakout year ... ?🤞

It's another reason why debates about "who won this year's draft" are meaningless until you have a longer perspective, say 4-5 years.

Munnez

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What would MacAsey cost? I get the feeling he wants out of the Crows.
If I recall MD was saying something about McAsey and the dogs at the next trade period. So there could be something brewing there particularly if Dunks still wants out, would have enough trade capital to work out a deal

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If McAsey is available and willing to come across at a reasonable price, you do that every day of the week. Supremely talented junior that has been hung out to dry by the crows. Haven’t settled him in at one end. Treat him very similarly to how we treat Lewy Young. He’s still stick thin, too.

weltschmerz

Premiership Player
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd use our first rounder on McAsey in a heartbeat. Top 10 pick with two years of development under his belt. He's a Dogs man through and through, bring him home.

Northernsoul74

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If I recall MD was saying something about McAsey and the dogs at the next trade period. So there could be something brewing there particularly if Dunks still wants out, would have enough trade capital to work out a deal
Not a pop at MD but wasn’t sure if that was actual intel he’d heard or just putting 2 and 2 together due to McAsey being a huge fan.

Bulldogs85

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Few on the Adelaide board think he wants out. Sounds like a bit of a loner at the club. A footy obsessive apparently.
I remember watching the draft that night when the crows called his name out he didn’t look all that happy. Before all the COVID-19 crap happened he was going to sign a two year extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munnez

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Highly rated KPD with 2 years development I would give up a 1st in a heart beat to bring him aboard. He won't have shown a lot at this point as the Crows have been getting smashed. There is a lot of upside IMO and well worth taking a punt if he is gettable

dergert

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As a Dogs fan growing up, I can't imagine Lipinski will be in any rush to leave the club. Admittedly i've not seen much of the Crows, but given the hype around McAsey, he hasn't seemed to live up to it just yet from the bits i've seen.
It was his first year. He will be exactly what we need....

Then we will play him in the forward pocket

Remove this Banner Ad