Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to point out WCE structure and how we can match it for the future.

Rd 2 vs Dogs

HF: Jones, Darling, Sheed,
FF: Ryan, Kennedy, Allen

Rucks: NN and Vardy

Our future forward line.

HF: VDM, Naughton, resting mid
FF: McNeil/Cav/West, Bruce, JUH

Rucks
Martin/Trade, English

English is far more versatile than Vardy, Naughton can copy the role of Allen who is mainly forward but pinch hits back when McGovern/Barrass rest and JUH also plays multiple positions.

The 2ruck 3KPF's can be done but it really is the end of slow mediums like Wallis. Small forwards have to be like Vandermeer in terms of speed and pressure.

I reckon Sweet will need a bit of a go this year when Martin is rested. We'll be getting a very small amount of service years wise from Martin, and it's already blatantly obvious 3 rounds into the season that English is going to work better with another ruck in the side. We probably need to recruit another ruck regardless of how Sweet looks.

Interesting how Wallis' role seems to becoming obsolete, yet we targeted Hannan in the trade period knowing that we would have a larger forward line this year. With Dale swinging back, Wallis dropped, I don't see much use in his acquisition. Only other one on the list is Bedendo, which I'm hoping we have realised this trend and start to develop him as an intercepting defender which he can well play as his athletic traits also suit that position.

The success of the Martin/English ruck combo has convinced me we need to keep one eye on a Martin/first ruck replacement. Might be Sweet but most likely not. This support is getting the best out of English.
Absolutely agree. I don’t think the tap work of English will ever be up to the standard to be number one ruck but he’ll still be able to be the best forward-ruck in the game. Playing the 3rd tall still allows him to move around the entire ground and use his strengths without having to play as a deep forward target. It’s an absolute nightmare for the opposition finding 3 competent defenders to play on Bruce, Naughton & English given their mobility around the ground and marking power.

Long term on paper, I don’t think you could ask for a better forward trio than Naughton, JUH & English. They all have very different games and could mesh very well together IMO. Potentially scary times ahead for the other teams.

JJ is on 600-650k right now until the end of 2022. Which certainly needs to be trimmed.

I don't want a Treloar situation where we push him out the door but I'd wouldn't offer much at all to him post 2022 if he remains on that figure next season.

Just to point out WCE structure and how we can match it for the future.

Rd 2 vs Dogs

HF: Jones, Darling, Sheed,
FF: Ryan, Kennedy, Allen

Rucks: NN and Vardy

Our future forward line.

HF: VDM, Naughton, resting mid
FF: McNeil/Cav/West, Bruce, JUH

Rucks
Martin/Trade, English

English is far more versatile than Vardy, Naughton can copy the role of Allen who is mainly forward but pinch hits back when McGovern/Barrass rest and JUH also plays multiple positions.

The 2ruck 3KPF's can be done but it really is the end of slow mediums like Wallis. Small forwards have to be like Vandermeer in terms of speed and pressure.
I dont agree with that because Wallis can play that LeCras type roll. He was always a thorn in our side. Can mark and can kick goals.

I dont agree with that because Wallis can play that LeCras type roll. He was always a thorn in our side. Can mark and can kick goals.

Wallis role has been extinguished due to the selection of 3 tall forwards. He doesn't offer Vandermeer type closing speed and pressure to play as one of the smalls picked around that structure.

Plus he can't play back and our midfield rotation is too deep for him to play anywhere else. Unfortunately the curse of the vice captaincy looks set to continue at the club.

Wallis role has been extinguished due to the selection of 3 tall forwards. He doesn't offer Vandermeer type closing speed and pressure to play as one of the smalls picked around that structure.

Plus he can't play back and our midfield rotation is too deep for him to play anywhere else. Unfortunately the curse of the vice captaincy looks set to continue at the club.

Plus the curse of the leading goal kicker.

Interesting how Wallis' role seems to becoming obsolete, yet we targeted Hannan in the trade period knowing that we would have a larger forward line this year. With Dale swinging back, Wallis dropped, I don't see much use in his acquisition. Only other one on the list is Bedendo, which I'm hoping we have realised this trend and start to develop him as an intercepting defender which he can well play as his athletic traits also suit that position.
When we recruited Hannan one of our staff (either Bev or Power I think?) referred to him as a wing/forward, so I don't think the role he's earmarked for is similar to Wallis'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Martin has another year left in him after this - I've fallen in love with rucks - but if he doesn't Vardy should be very gettable. Spending half the game sitting on the bench every week and probably will lose his spot to Williams.

Talia
Tarrant
Carlisle
Hurley
Hooker
Rory Thompson
Payne

Not long term prospects but as a contender may be worth a look.

Can’t see north moving tarrant.

Need some stef martin replacement ideas. Hope he’s still good to go next season, but just in case.

English may be a better forward/ruck for his whole career to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can’t see north moving tarrant.

Need some stef martin replacement ideas. Hope he’s still good to go next season, but just in case.

English may be a better forward/ruck for his whole career to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

English might be the games best wingman.... able to go forward or back and impact the game against much smaller opponents.

Hopefully Martin has another year left in him after this - I've fallen in love with rucks - but if he doesn't Vardy should be very gettable. Spending half the game sitting on the bench every week and probably will lose his spot to Williams.

It’s not too late to delete this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back