Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUH will be best 22 before finals no doubt in my mind.

The team by finals should have the likes of McNeil Scott and JJ out and Croz JUH West/CAV in.

If Dunkley was to go and Carlton were his preferred choice i would make a play for Charlie Curnow. Our time is now. take a chance on him and if he gets his body right Naughton goes back and we could be scary good.
Surely a troll, if it not sorry to be the one to tell you but Curnow won’t play AFL ever again.

Ive also changed my stance to Naughton Forward, we just need three big bodies in the backline Astbury/Grime/Balta style.

We will have to look at backs that are still contracted that are mid to late 20's from clubs not in, or declining away fron the premiership window like Collingwood and Geelong for example to get a good key back. Like clubs did to us in the past, id try shake Tom Stewart from Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that Collingwood are set for a rebuild do you think Sidebottom would be interested in coming over and playing the remainder of his career as a forward? Surely he would be a gun small forward. Might prolong his career and win another flag. Adz can get in his ear.

Now that Collingwood are set for a rebuild do you think Sidebottom would be interested in coming over and playing the remainder of his career as a forward? Surely he would be a gun small forward. Might prolong his career and win another flag. Adz can get in his ear.
Would he even be able to get out of Collingwoods headquarters? He’d keep walking out the wrong door.

Right now if I could pick a Pies player to target, it'd be Moore. Doubt he even looks at other offers, but if Bucks somehow stays there, he may be tempted if he thinks success is too far away. Geez he'd be perfect for us.

As for Sidey, he seems to really be struggling this season. Has the game got too fast for him? Struggling to keep his feet and given away plenty of free kicks that he wouldn't have 5yrs ago. He will be done either end of this yr or end of 2022 imo.

I would be keeping a close eye on Tippa at Essendon. He would be dynamite under the big 3.
We chased him hard last time he was OOC.
I have no idea why we haven't looked at small forwards with late picks, WA always have a few hidden away that go late. I was not happy when we passed on Isiah Winder last year and he's already debuted this year.

We will have to look at backs that are still contracted that are mid to late 20's from clubs not in, or declining away fron the premiership window like Collingwood and Geelong for example to get a good key back. Like clubs did to us in the past, id try shake Tom Stewart from Geelong.
I really like Tom Stewart as a player but I think part of his effectiveness is that he doesn’t have to play as a key back. If you see him as a KPD for us I don’t see it as working ( or worth the price)

Ben McKay is still out of contract at North. I doubt he will come though as they'll be desperate to keep him and will pay him overs as they have to meet the salary cap floor.

He's the right size and age we need, and will hopefully continue to grow as a player during this year.

With the depth of midfielders and looking in from the outside, is Lachie Hunter perhaps the one who is more expendable at the moment? Could be worth something as trade bait and get to be certain of holding on to Dunkley. Never been a big fan of his, his kicking not that dependable and overtaken on the wing by Smith, Hoping the Dogs go all the way this year, but do need the dynamic small forward.

With the depth of midfielders and looking in from the outside, is Lachie Hunter perhaps the one who is more expendable at the moment? Could be worth something as trade bait and get to be certain of holding on to Dunkley. Never been a big fan of his, his kicking not that dependable and overtaken on the wing by Smith, Hoping the Dogs go all the way this year, but do need the dynamic small forward.
Won’t be leaving.

JJ will be the only potential trade bait.

we will Trade other players before Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back