Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys trade Dunkley for Merrett?

Makes sense in an ideal world, but if Dunkley is to go we 100% need to use the draft picks and cap space to get a gun KPD to replace his spot for better list balance.

I wanted Allir as we are at least 1 KPD short and was disappointed he seemed to get to you guys so cheaply and easily

I like Merrett as a player BUT I wouldn’t allocate the cap space needed to sign him. His market value (~$800k) will be 50% more than what I think he is worth. Nice player but not a difference maker.

Now I would pay Dunkley, Libba &/or Macrae that money. Macrae is a better version of Merrett.

Aliir was a huge get for you guys. I wish we got him for how little you paid. Great list management that.

Personally, I would ignore both Cripps & Merrett this year. Both will get paid big bucks and neither is worth the money they will get.

Salaries and years of contract being equal, Merrett for Dunkley is an extremely fair trade that we would absolutely accept.

I really like Merrett as a player but any club that puts a million bucks on the table for him is going nowhere.

There's a very short list of genuine finals match winners who deserve that sort of contract...he ain't on it.

North, Hawks & Blues are all rather desperate. They have to pay someone. Cripps is gone, so Blues will be in the market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrett is a free agent and Dunkley is in contract till 2022

If we could fit Merrett into salary cap we would just take him and keep Dunkley.

Surely he would come to us for a chance to play with a decent side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back