Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What height is Coffield ? Could he be an intercept defender for us? Could we undo the damage that has been done to him at the Saints. Wouldn't cost a lot in a trade but think there could be some good upside with him

What height is Coffield ? Could he be an intercept defender for us? Could we undo the damage that has been done to him at the Saints. Wouldn't cost a lot in a trade but think there could be some good upside with him

He's only 191cm and a bit of a lighter frame.

I remember hoping he would slip to us because he was a Dogs supporter growing up. According to Saints recruiters they wanted Naughton as well, but Alan Richardson wanted another midfield number.

I remember hoping he would slip to us because he was a Dogs supporter growing up. According to Saints recruiters they wanted Naughton as well, but Alan Richardson wanted another midfield number.
I love you Alan Richardson.

Club should send a big thank you card to Alan Richardson

We're going to regret letting West go (which is starting to look more likely).

Wish he got more than one chance. Sure he played a shocker against Richmond, but how many shockers have Hannan, JJ and Scott played, yet keep getting chances?
I would rather keep West than Lipinski.

West isn't out of the door yet. He clearly can add something to the team.

He has done some selfish things in the senior side.

Fergus Greene is having a great year for Box Hill. He's surely going to get picked up in the draft.

I was hoping we would've kept him on for at least another year.

He'd be pushing Hannan for a spot in the senior side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fergus Greene is having a great year for Box Hill. He's surely going to get picked up in the draft.

He's in the same mould as Wallis. Wouldn't get a game.

Wish he got more than one chance. Sure he played a shocker against Richmond, but how many shockers have Hannan, JJ and Scott played, yet keep getting chances?

Not sure Scott's ever had a shocker for us, his worst games are just quiet. Also, you're jumping the gun a bit locking in a West trade, it's only his third season and plenty of players have broken in after a few years in the VFL. Would be surprised if he isn't with us next year

Where are you hearing that?

He would be pushing Hannan one way and that is OUT

I think English will be able to be number 1 ruck (from here on) next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m coming round to it. Love him forward but with Marra looking like he belongs I’m now in the fence about where to play English for team balance. I really didn’t think English had it in him to be a viable full time number 1 ruck but he’s been solid.

I’m coming round to it. Love him forward but with Marra looking like he belongs I’m now in the fence about where to play English for team balance. I really didn’t think English had it in him to be a viable full time number 1 ruck but he’s been solid.

English playing loose in defence as an intercept would help.

With Darcy coming in, I can see a model where English and Darcy rotate between forward, ruck and defense depending on matchups and injuries. We'll need Martin or Sweet next year but after that, I can't see Bevo playing a traditional #1 ruck when he has English and Darcy to deploy wherever he wants. The mad professors head might explode with the amount of options he has with this list.

He would be pushing Hannan one way and that is OUT
No chance. I don’t think Hannan should in the team (I’d be replacing him with another quicker pressure type), but Fergus would not push him out. He’s a medium sized leading flanker who isn’t a great pressure player. He would be completely redundant with us playing 3 KPF.

I do agree that he should get another shot and the Hawks are probably his best bet.

With Darcy coming in, I can see a model where English and Darcy rotate between forward, ruck and defense depending on matchups and injuries. We'll need Martin or Sweet next year but after that, I can't see Bevo playing a traditional #1 ruck when he has English and Darcy to deploy wherever he wants. The mad professors head might explode with the amount of options he has with this list.
Sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back