Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

doggy_dog

All Australian
Aug 25, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would definitely take Hill, price dependant. Future second feels like a little bit overs? He hasn’t produced much to date. Is contracted and GWS don’t want to lose him so there is that premium I guess

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
If we had Mason Cox in the ruck for the Grand Final we still probably get beaten……… but……… no way do Melbourne get the run of clean goals straight from centre bounce.

Cox is so much taller, and with a clean run and jump at it, he’s likely to get first hand to the ball at centre bounces over anyone.

Stoppages around the ground are more of a problem for Cox, but we have much more tactical choice in how to setup for those…
This makes a lot of sense. Been trying to think back to Peter Street and Cox has a lot more attributes that Street, but Street gave us a decent chance of getting the tap.

Then again, I still shudder about those ocassional hospital handballs he would get through the midfield, pretty sure the umps called holding the ball before it even reached his hands.

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would definitely take Hill, price dependant. Future second feels like a little bit overs? He hasn’t produced much to date. Is contracted and GWS don’t want to lose him so there is that premium I guess
Maybe it is overs, but I'd be very happy to pay that. He's mostly still relying on hype so far but a crumbing small forward has been something we've missed for years

dergert

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep... Wouldn't cost a bomb as he hasn't performed to his high expectations.
We need another pure forward.

Essendon or Carlton will get him tho

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Yeah probably worth a third rounder but he's contracted and the coaches clearly love him as he's rarely out of the team. Would have to pay as second rounder as a premium.

Golden_6

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don’t think a future second will get it done. He was drafted at pick 24 so I think it’s fair that the Giants would expect a pick around that mark back for a contracted Hill.

He hasn’t set the world on fire but he just played 17 games in his third season and has shown enough to suggest he can be a dangerous small forward at AFL level long term.

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree he hasn’t done much to date and probably not worth it (for example Lipinski should be worth more) but would happily pay a 2nd rounder to get him here.

Genuine small forward with a couple of years development into him, geez he’d just suit us way too well.

What’s his forward pressure like? As it’s a non negotiable for our forward line.

Cody, Hill & VDM at the feet of Naughty, Jamarra & Tim 🤤🤤

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep... Wouldn't cost a bomb as he hasn't performed to his high expectations.
We need another pure forward.

Essendon or Carlton will get him tho
I'd expect Essendon since Mosquito is gone. Hard to be confident in recruiting him after missing Impey, Wingard and countless others before them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden_6

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Is it just me but I’m more stressed 😫 that we need 2 new assistant coaches that’s a major issue moving forward..
Leigh Tudor is the man I want but concerns are mounting - more important than this draft me thinks
I’ve said it before but we should be going hard at Buckley. He’s had 6 months out of the game and might relish joining a contender in a new environment for the first time in his career. I have no idea what his relationship with Bevo is like.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Half the rucks in the leagues seem to come off the rookie list, state leagues or even from other codes. I hope we go down this path.
Im afraid we dont turn over the fringe of the list often enough, and that lack of list turnover is strictly A bev thing - his policy is obviously keeping the group together with positive role models and 'good teammates' >>> getting a good player thru late picks and rookie drafts every 2 years or so.

flipside is we won the premiership with huge roles played by 3 rookies.

Here we go dogs

All Australian
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve said it before but we should be going hard at Buckley. He’s had 6 months out of the game and might relish joining a contender in a new environment for the first time in his career. I have no idea what his relationship with Bevo is like.
If I was gc I’d rather bucks as a head coach than clarko. What Bucks did in 2018 was close to a miracle with the list he had at his disposal.

Don’t think Buck is for us give the relationship with Treloar. Doubt those two ever fully repair the relationship.

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just went watched the end of the third again for the first time and the three late goals Melbourne got from centre clearances weren’t a ruck issue they were all Libba’s fault. He was playing as the anchor and got sucked in without impacting the ball. If they could fix this issue even without the madness of not getting a ruck in it will make a huge difference.

I was interested to also notice how many simple mistakes coupled with things happening perfectly for Melbourne occurred late in the third. It was a freakish set of circumstances that I’ve never seen before and certainly not something to create doubt in the list going forward outside of the ruck which fills the only missing piece.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CaptainMurphy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Max Lynch is still unsigned and we should have gone harder at Strachan.
TBH I'd take Lynch over Ladhams, seriously.
Yeah this is the part that I don't get. Ceglar I'm not really impressed by, and I think is being overrated here. Ladhams I like but it sounds like the price is too high, and possibly doesn't have his head ion the right place from accounts. But Lynch seems like a no brainer and we don't even seem interested. So strange.

Dexter6

Debutant
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I might be Bobby Hill's biggest fan, so I don't know if we actually need his type at the club, but i would love to see him in our team
Screenshot_20211009-132632_AFL.jpg

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t think a future second will get it done. He was drafted at pick 24 so I think it’s fair that the Giants would expect a pick around that mark back for a contracted Hill.

He hasn’t set the world on fire but he just played 17 games in his third season and has shown enough to suggest he can be a dangerous small forward at AFL level long term.
Its not what you pay, its who you get. If he is a best 22 player and available, the get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad