Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe our plan is to bring Shaun McKernan out of retirement for ruck support?

Its a little bit too Joel Selwood for my taste. Legal but utterly horrible football to watch ….

Yes, but anything goes in a GF had we known we needed to defend our 19 point lead for the rest of the third quarter I would do for sure if I was coach. Bevo has done stranger things like Dunkley in the ruck.

"Young was preferred to English" is doing a lot of heavy lifting for what was really a one-off tactic for one game v Port, where English was really more part of a tag-team effort the week before v Hawks (and Young was tactically benched v Brisbane before being dropped).

The net sum of those last 6 games was Young + Martin 285 contests, English 234. So in the 5 games other than the Port game (that contributes the entirety of the difference), English was more of a split tag team ruck, than he was a forward first and 2nd ruck second.

The idea that English is our ruck next year when that's what he was post bye from round 14 on anyway makes some of the takes here pretty weird, given people were comfortable with the realities of it anyway last year.

If English rucks, Schache and JUH are more unproven up forward than English is in the ruck. Nobody's really making the case that English has to play forward to avoid a situation when we're reliant on those two (which I can agree with to an extent), not so much English in the ruck itself, which is strange to me.
Did you watch the Essendon final Tim was the difference

All served by Louis Butler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A side of Ryan Gardner Salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back