Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest we didn't do that deal because we believe we can do better.

It is also worth noting that while that is a good deal for Collingwood, it is also pretty handy for us.
Collingwood now have 3 picks before our picks instead of 2, so if Daicos is bid on before Darcy our picks 43, 44 and 45 move two spots forward instead of 1 (They will then all be pushed back 1 when a pick is generated for Darcy). Also, confusing as it is, they are all effectively the same pick because each one will disappear and be replaced by the subsequent pick as part of the matching process. This means we effectively now have 3 pick 42's to match with instead of 3 pick 43's. Pick 52 will also improve by one spot due to this trade, all of which totals to an additional 64 points on the back of the Collingwood Richmond trade.

Assuming Daicos is bid on before Darcy. Appears GWS prefer to go tall with their pick so there’s a not insignificant risk they bypass Daicos and go straight for Darcy.

So our three back to back picks in the 40s are all essentially the value of the highest one as the latter two move forward as the one in front is used? I didn’t know that. I thought they were all applied simultaneously. Is there somewhere online where what you’ve said is confirmed as the process? Not doubting you FYI, it just hadn’t seen that before.

I'd suggest we didn't do that deal because we believe we can do better.

It is also worth noting that while that is a good deal for Collingwood, it is also pretty handy for us.
Collingwood now have 3 picks before our picks instead of 2, so if Daicos is bid on before Darcy our picks 43, 44 and 45 move two spots forward instead of 1 (They will then all be pushed back 1 when a pick is generated for Darcy). Also, confusing as it is, they are all effectively the same pick because each one will disappear and be replaced by the subsequent pick as part of the matching process. This means we effectively now have 3 pick 42's to match with instead of 3 pick 43's. Pick 52 will also improve by one spot due to this trade, all of which totals to an additional 64 points on the back of the Collingwood Richmond trade.
I have queried this previously and don't believe it is correct that the picks update in real time.

You can see this in the matching of JUH last year where we used picks #29, #33, #41, #42, #52 and #54 and got pick #61 back. I believe the way this worked was those 6 picks have a points value of 2,489 and we needed 2,400 to match JUH. The extra 89 points equates to pick #66 (80 points) which at the end of the matching moves forward 5 spots to pick #61. If the picks updated in real time we would have only needed to use pick #29, #32 (#33-1), #39 (#41-2), #39 (#42-3) and #48 (#52-4) = 2,431 points and the original pick #54 would not have been needed in the matching.

I agree with the comment that its good that Collingwood now have 3 picks instead of 2 ahead of our picks in the 40s as long as Daicos is bid on first.

Is it likely we pick up a delisted player ? Bit lost with the list spots . Obviously we take Darcy and one more draftee then re draft a current player ?

Assuming Daicos is bid on before Darcy. Appears GWS prefer to go tall with their pick so there’s a not insignificant risk they bypass Daicos and go straight for Darcy.

So our three back to back picks in the 40s are all essentially the value of the highest one as the latter two move forward as the one in front is used? I didn’t know that. I thought they were all applied simultaneously. Is there somewhere online where what you’ve said is confirmed as the process? Not doubting you FYI, it just hadn’t seen that before.
It seems that I had this wrong as pointed out by doggiesin08.
Not sure where I got that idea from - I think I read something a few years back that gave me the impression that was how it worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After an Aaron Naughton Twenty Pie.

We'd need Gary Baker and Freddie, Graeme & James Cook.
I read James Cook's name in your post at the exact same time that James Cook(that other one) was mentioned on The Chase a few minutes ago. Spooky.

I hear Easton Wood-en spoon is great at whipping something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back