Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I happened to be searching for Shane Thorne as i know him well LOL

Tyrone had a decent season again in the WAFL after an outstanding 2020 season

I just think he is a little too small at 169cm/58kg
Thanks, 58kgs might be more of an obstacle than 169cm!

From memory I think Shane had a few challenges settling in Melbourne when he was on our list related to being so far away from home/family?

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne

From memory I think Shane had a few challenges settling in Melbourne when he was on our list related to being so far away from home/family?
Yeah a very long story with how he was delisted

Shane found it very difficult during rehab as he felt the FC wasn't supporting his mental wellbeing

He was struggling to keep motivated after getting injured very early in the season via VFL (Goldsack took him out unexpectedly which resulted in the ACL injury)

In the end it was a mutual agreement to part ways and it was quite unusual to be delisted after just 1 season

I have no doubt he would have made a huge impact at the FC and it's sad that he never got to showcase his unbelievable talent on the big stage

He did say he and Aker had a punch on during training LOL

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
I happened to be searching for Shane Thorne as i know him well LOL

Tyrone had a decent season again in the WAFL after an outstanding 2020 season

I just think he is a little too small at 169cm/58kg
Teams can carry a small forward who is on the little side if they're zippy enough.
Kozi Pickett is only 170cm and he's a gun. Spargo is only 173cm too.

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
Yeah a very long story with how he was delisted

Shane found it very difficult during rehab as he felt the FC wasn't supporting his mental wellbeing

He was struggling to keep motivated after getting injured very early in the season via VFL (Goldsack took him out unexpectedly which resulted in the ACL injury)

I have no doubt he would have made a huge impact at the FC and it's sad that he never got to showcase his unbelievable talent on the big stage

He did say he and Aker had a punch on during training LOL
I always knew Shane was a good bloke

DognBones

Premiership Player
Sep 3, 2007
In a good place when we win
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Verry Elleegant won the Melbourne Cup carrying 57kg so perhaps he would be more suited as a jockey.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I completely forgot about Kieran Collins ever been on our list at one stage, funny to think he is only 23

BLACAE

Senior List
Sep 16, 2018
Toowoomba, QLD
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SEM Pheonix, Tas Jack Jumpers
Aside from Darcy and maybe McComb and Raak, I really don't know much about these kids we brought in. They all seem to offer a bit just weren't even on my radar of what we were looking at. Trust the recruiting team though, they rarely miss.

weltschmerz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Aside from Darcy and maybe McComb and Raak, I really don't know much about these kids we brought in. They all seem to offer a bit just weren't even on my radar of what we were looking at. Trust the recruiting team though, they rarely miss.
Really seems like there was a focus on speed and a good kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TommyD13

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Ryan Gardner elevated to the senior list, but no word on either Roarke or Sweet so assuming they are still rookies

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don’t really have a thread to put this in - finally coming to terms with the grand final loss, geez I’ve ******* hated everything to do with footy since then. It was a sh*t night, and honestly fu** Melbourne the arrogant campaigners. They’re a sh*t club whose privileged list build and run sums up their privileged premiership, honestly zero respect for them and their cheating tanking ways. Their fans are campaigners too and I’m stoked they couldn’t witness the flag, as we did. May they never win one again.

but for us it’s the loss we needed, just look at the hawks and how similar our timelines are - you think they win the three peat without that loss in 2012? I wouldn’t have thought so. Not saying we’re going to win 3 in a row, but we have the best list in the comp only getting better, I hope that loss f*n burnt, we’re honestly in for such a ride over the next few years. We will win at least 2 flags in the next 5 mark my words, and frankly, 2 would be disappointing.

We’ll look back at this year as the year that set up our dynasty, no doubt in my mind about that

Libbaaaa

All Australian
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Our list is in real good shape. I’ve read a few posts bemoaning the fact we didn’t draft a 2m KPD and it just makes me chuckle. We gave up 100 points once last year, and it was in that horrible last 40 mins of the granny. The lack of a big gorilla down back was not to blame for the that.

It’s not apples for apples but out of Melbourne’s 3 defensive pillars in Lever, May and Petty only Petty is taller than 193cm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad