Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Dunks for pick 7 is Unacceptable for mine

2 first rounders minimum is the value Essendon have set in previous years so that’s the measure
Yep next years first (which I think essendon might get the spoon) and one this year otherwise no deal

The system sucks, but it’s in place, and the best clubs continue to take advantage of it.

That’s not us by the way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When do supporters of the 13 or 14 other clubs get jack of it and start following another sport or doing something else with their weekends? It’ll happen. AFL needs to be very very careful it doesn’t disenfranchise the bulk of its supporters with this free agency, rich get richer s***, because it’s skating on very thin ice.

How the hell can the runners up get Smith, Cameron and Higgins in one year on top of what they've already got? Surely the AFL needs to look at their books.

Last edited:

The system sucks, but it’s in place, and the best clubs continue to take advantage of it.

That’s not us by the way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do they though?

Only notable free agent for Hawthorn in their period of success was James Frawley and he was only there for their last Premiership. Richmond getting Lynch was big but he's their only free agent.

Had it not have been for an untimely injury, Suckling would have been a Premiership player and we'd have just as many free agent Premiership players despite only winning one flag. Trengove hasn't worked out but was on just as good money as Frawley.

Most recent successful sides have been built from the draft with players brought in to fill holes. Not just flashing money around and going for the fancy free agent signings.

Last edited:
If hate If we trade dunks to that sh*te for anything BUT if we do fold like normal 2 low first rounders minimum has to be the deal

I wouldn't even trade Lipinski for 2 "first rounders" in this year's draft. It's literally the most compromised draft in history. No junior footy this year to base picks on, heaps of academy kids, ridiculous amount of compo picks. Plus we have a top rated NGA kid who will eat up any first rounder and most likely take a bite out of the second. Draft picks have never been more useless to us. We move Dunkley on for established players or we hold; it's that simple.

Edit: You could make a case for trading into next year's draft but I would still prefer to hold Dunks for another year. We would still get the same value for Dunkley at the end of next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't even trade Lipinski for 2 "first rounders" in this year's draft. It's literally the most compromised draft in history. No junior footy this year to base picks on, heaps of academy kids, ridiculous amount of compo picks. Plus we have a top rated NGA kid who will eat up any first rounder and most likely take a bite out of the second. Draft picks have never been more useless to us. We move Dunkley on for established players or we hold; it's that simple.
Completely agree unless we could get a pick before JUH. Picking up 2 top 3 draft prospects would do. Can never have enough young talent coming in and we don’t tend to attract prime established players.

Anyone clued in on how bad Hogan’s issues are?
I could see him being a star chb for the price of chips. Not worth being a disruption on the group though.

Very very happy that he's staying, bit miffed we've been forced to sign an extension at I imagine a much bigger price. Feels like we've been played a bit here.

Don't mind to up and extend Dunks contract, if he is paid 800k per season then he must be played in the 800k position he rightfully demands. and no more mucking around by Bevo.

Genuinely can’t believe some of the comments Isaac Smith has copped on his social media... critical member of a three peat and isn’t getting love. Hawks fans are a weird bunch.

There are two options to fix the broken FA system.

1. Allow trades without player consent & remove compo. Clubs can auction players off on the trade table the year before the contract ends for best value if the player doesn't re-sign.
2. The club that signs the player is docked draft points equal to the compensation pick.

Apparently 1. can't be done in Australia; you can only laugh at how backwards Australia's labour laws are. Option 2 must be pushed through so that everyone else isn't pushed down the draft order.

It is unfathomable a club can sign a 60 goal a year forward and push 17 other clubs down the draft order.

I have to be a little careful here as a close family member was until recently at Essendon.
He has moved on to a very senior position at another Club in another code.
I had dinner with him last night!
OK I will spell this out for all of us Essendon officials, players and supporters think that our club along with some other clubs are s**t FEEDER clubs that they can plunder anytime they like! There arrogance is something to behold.
He was there, in the room when they dealt with Stringer and I know what they paid,the resources they put into him like personal coach, 5 mindbenders and parents to Melbourne. He told me clubs like ours can’t afford to put resources into players like him. He told me a lot those resources disappeared this year and hence when his jumper got pulled up roll of fat appeared.
Essendon did put in a huge offer to the Bonts management but it didn’t go anywhere! He still thinks they will go after the Bont again.
He said billionaires put up the money eg Little, Goodguy etc
He said Mr D will offer us Bolton and Hennaman and pick 205 for Dunks and they will say we better take it because they won’t stop!He doesn’t think there is anyway they will offer pick 6 and 7! Mr D thinks our club is still in the 90’s and a easy push over!!!
He thinks if we let Dunks go for nothing the other major clubs will line up to raid! The club needs to be strong and say no or get very big overs.
I will finish with this little tip bit- he was told they had this superstar kid at there club a few years ago who broke there 2 k record and they told him that this kid is going to be the next Buddy Franklin. Ring any bells. If it was JUH, he shouldn’t have been there! He was our in our system! I told a top official at our club what I had been told and he couldn’t believe it!

I have to be a little careful here as a close family member was until recently at Essendon.
OK I will spell this out for all of us Essendon officials, players and supporters think that our club along with some other clubs are sh*t FEEDER clubs that they can plunder anytime they like! There arrogance is something to behold.
He was there, in the room when they dealt with Stringer and I know what they paid,the resources they put into him like personal coach, 5 mindbenders and parents to Melbourne. He told me clubs like ours can’t afford to put resources into players like him. He told me a lot those resources disappeared this year and hence when his jumper got pulled up roll of fat appeared.
Essendon did put in a huge offer to the Bonts management but it didn’t go anywhere! He still thinks they will go after the Bont again.
He said Mr D will offer us Bolton and Hennaman and pick 205 for Dunks and they will say we better take it because they won’t stop!He doesn’t think there is anyway they will offer pick 6 and 7! Mr D thinks our club is still in the 90’s and a easy push over!!!
He thinks if we let Dunks go for nothing the other major clubs will line up to raid! The club needs to be strong and say no or get very big overs.
I will finish with this little tip bit- he was told they had this superstar kid at there club a few years ago who broke there 2 k record and they told him that this kid is going to be the next Buddy Franklin. Ring any bells. If it was JUH, he shouldn’t have been there! He was our in our system! I told a top official at our club what I had been told and he couldn’t believe it!

so to sum up - Dunks isn’t going anywhere, Mr D thinks we’re minnows, And JUH trained at the dons a few years back?

OK I will spell this out for all of us Essendon officials, players and supporters think that our club along with some other clubs are sh*t FEEDER clubs that they can plunder anytime they like! There arrogance is something to behold.

burn-after-reading-gif-5.gif

RIP getting to 1000 pages on the other thread. How many pages do you reckon this thread will be by the end of trade week?
Glaeken Oracle confirmed transferring to the Essendope board to get better Trade and List management Thread page numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back