Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Richards as a talent and as a player is better than Lonie, but currently as it stands Lonie offers more in that role we had Richards playing.

I'm a Richards critic but would like to keep him at least one more year and see if he can nail a spot. I have no idea where that is though.

Do agree that Lonie probably just fits in the revolving door of forward options that we have alongside Cav/Weightman/Hannan/West etc.

Wait until your newborn ends up in the matrimonial bed at some ungodly hour after having vomited their own bedding into oblivion, and then proceeds to flail around in their sleep and repeatedly hammer you in the crotch with their knees or feet. One of the many joys you've now let yourself in for! :D

Good god!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good god!

Sorry, probably an extreme example! We had one chucker as a baby/infant, and when we still only had 2, and they both occasionally ended up in our bed together, I would try and ensure the one who barely moved in his sleep was alongside me, while the mini whirling dervish was close to his mother! It's a good test of your parenting abilities dealing with those challenges in the wee hours. Bizarrely, as frustrating as they were, the times when you would clean them up, then they'd be snuggled up to you in bed, and inadvertently throw an arm out to rest on your face or head, or roll their face into yours, I found magical - that little human that you helped make was sleeping peacefully next to you, and the rest of the world didn't exist.

(By the arrival of #3, we invested in a king size bed though!)

Have we been linked to Tom McDonald at all? Would fill the need for a key defender to some degree.

Have we been linked to Tom McDonald at all? Would fill the need for a key defender to some degree.

Doesn't seem to be much interest from anyone at this stage.

Very interesting to see what happens with him.

Sorry, probably an extreme example! We had one chucker as a baby/infant, and when we still only had 2, and they both occasionally ended up in our bed together, I would try and ensure the one who barely moved in his sleep was alongside me, while the mini whirling dervish was close to his mother! It's a good test of your parenting abilities dealing with those challenges in the wee hours. Bizarrely, as frustrating as they were, the times when you would clean them up, then they'd be snuggled up to you in bed, and inadvertently throw an arm out to rest on your face or head, or roll their face into yours, I found magical - that little human that you helped make was sleeping peacefully next to you, and the rest of the world didn't exist.

(By the arrival of #3, we invested in a king size bed though!)

It’s interesting you relate that because even in a week I’ve seen our daughter become far more chilled when having a nappy changed or when being dressed and she’s really cuddly after it too! I just stare at her in disbelief sometimes.

I honestly don’t think I’ve seen Lonie play, mainly because I don’t like St Kilda. Sounds like he wouldn’t necessarily improve the team, so not sure why we’d waste a list spot?

Ideal Trade for me would be us trading out a 3rd next year and getting back a 4th this year. Draft picks in general are a lot more valuable late next year compared to this year due to the late developers likely missing out this year and set to play on as over ages.

I'd much prefer hannan, would be cheaper and also has more strings to his bow being just as quick offering the same forward pressure but able to clunk a mark aswell
Lonie is pretty slow isn’t he?

instead of tom why dont we go for his brother Oscar tall key back havent seen him play much but isnt he on his way out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always find it interesting (and I mean absolutely no disrespect by this) how supporters view potential player acquisitions compared to how the club views them. We’d be entitled to believe that our recruitment staff have spent adequate time going over the fundamentals of players, yet supporters often grimace at the suggestion of even considering a player! I guess I find myself wondering what the club sees that supporters don’t?

I can't wait to see Lonie seagull in and play on for an easy goal from a hard earned Mitch Wallis free. He'll shrivel up from the Mitch death stare.

GWS are going to try and package up whatever they end up getting to rise up the draft order again. Should come away from trade week with a bounty of firsts, so they'll have some stuff to throw around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back