Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rememberd something. When jake stringer was traded he was over seas. it was later revealed he took a photo with essendon coach wearing a bombers jumper if I recall correctly before he was officially a bombers player.

I dont rate Stringer as a respectful person however the bombers on the other hand showed us NO RESPECT in that situation and it really was disrespectfull. They didnt give a sh$t about us so we shouldnt be so easy going with them.

I now want to keep Dunkley or only trade for 2 early first round picks and a player who is capable of improving our list. I Just want overs for Dunkley because Dunkley to the bombers is the equivalent of Harris Andrews to the dogs. Thats how much of a role Dunkley will play for them

well I think people will be disappointed what the end result of the Dunkley trade Essendon will likely offer pick 6 + 2nd rounder watch that will be the offer
Hey.... hey hey don’t be realistic mate that’s “objectively wrong”. Couldn’t agree more with you on this!!

are Treloars hammys really that bad? besides 2020 every year he has played majority of the games, since joining the pies 2016 = 22, 2017 = 21, 2018 = 18, 2019 =24 and 2020 was the bad season but he still played 10 games

also Treloar on a wing could be great

Newsflash: Bulldogs don't have to replace Dunkley with another midfielder who can't ruck.

Essendon convince Adam Saad to choose the Bulldogs, Bulldogs get Adam Saad plus pick 6, Essendon end up with Dunkley and Caldwell, win/win.

I just rememberd something. When jake stringer was traded he was over seas. it was later revealed he took a photo with essendon coach wearing a bombers jumper if I recall correctly before he was officially a bombers player.

I dont rate Stringer as a respectful person however the bombers on the other hand showed us NO RESPECT in that situation and it really was disrespectfull. They didnt give a sh$t about us so we shouldnt be so easy going with them.

I now want to keep Dunkley or only trade for 2 early first round picks and a player who is capable of improving our list. I Just want overs for Dunkley because Dunkley to the bombers is the equivalent of Harris Andrews to the dogs. Thats how much of a role Dunkley will play for them
In fact we were jumping up and down with glee

Newsflash: Bulldogs don't have to replace Dunkley with another midfielder who can't ruck.

Essendon convince Adam Saad to choose the Bulldogs, Bulldogs get Adam Saad plus pick 6, Essendon end up with Dunkley and Caldwell, win/win.
Here’s something to get excited about. More half backs.

Treloar has dodgy hamstrings, his family will be in Queensland, he doesn't really want to come to the dogs, he will probably take plenty of Bailey Smith's midfield minutes, he is on a massively inflated contract and is a dodgy kick.
Why would we accept losing Dunkley to bring him in?

Exact reason I’m not that keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Treloar be a lateral movement rather than a serious upgrade? Im factoring longevity too.
He is the type you bring in when you're in the premiership window, but i cant see us being in it if we dont have a functional forward line with good smalls and at least one more decent key defender.

Also, surely we can get a late 2nd rounder for Dale which we can play with.

bit of morning viewing. People are absolutely crazy if they don’t think Tippa improves our forward line. Last year he kicked 32 goals had 18 GA’s and averaged 4.3 tackles. He’d be our best genuine small forward (not including Wally) by an absolute mile. He’s no super star and he can go missing when the bombers get smashed, like every other small forward in the league... even on his off days he’s still tackling and harrassing and he just makes things happen. We do not have a single player on our list who does that.

But in saying that, he’s 28 and he’s a small forward and not one of the top small forwards in the league so he’s not really worth that much IMO. I honestly reckon we should be asking for Two first rounders at least one being top 10 + Tippa. And I think most clubs would pay that to get Dunkley in their situation he really is that valuable right now. I don’t think Bombers will come to the party and pay that but I think any other sane list manager would to get it done. He literally will be their best mid and probably captain for the next 10 years and is everything they’re crying out for. Make them bleed for him. We’ve played the situation absolutely perfectly IMO. Just need to hold firm now.

Pick 8 this year, future first + Tippa for dunks & steak knives. Or better yet Essendon + Carltons future firsts.

AMT would be a ripping pick up for us. All small forwards are inconsistent, it comes with the role, although I think he could do better with us with the volume of I50’s we generate.

As a bonus he would be an incredible indigenous ambassador for us which is an area we are openly trying to improve. Related side note, anyone else see Bont spent some time in Tiwi after the season ended? Suspect that was more than simply a holiday

Dunkley & 2021 2nd for Bombers 2021 1st, Blues 2021 1st (if they can’t get it then pick 8 but I’d be telling them first of all they have to get it off Carlton for Saad) & Tippa

Pick 14, Dale, Dogs 2021 1st for Treloar, Stephenson, Pies 2021 1st

Stef Martin in for whatever change we can find. Match JUH bid with late picks this year & next. Go into deficit next year and it comes off our third because we traded out our first and second so can use a whole lot of late picks that we can stockpile.

Gives us Treloar, Stephenson, Tippa, JUH, Martin & 3x 2021 picks which could be 2x top 10 or even one top 3 if Bummers stink it up, could even use one of them to move back into the draft this year after a JUH bid. Massive improvement to the list, massive draft haul next year to use or bring in more quality. Massive amount of excitement to sell fans.

Round 1 line up -

Croz Keath Wood
Williams Cordy Daniel

Hunter Macrae JJ
Martin Bont Treloar

Vander Naughty Stephenson
Wallis Bruce Tippa

English 2nd ruck/utility floating forward & back, Baz & Libba midfield rotations, one of Richards/Dureya 7th defender.

now personally I’m playing Schache as third tall forward over Bruce but I know that won’t happen so he’s depth and as soon as he’s ready JUH takes that spot anyway. That’s a seriously good team and honestly the trades are quite reasonable IMO, if we need to lose Schache and/or Richards on top of them to sweeten the deals somewhat sobeit, get it done!

AMT would be a ripping pick up for us. All small forwards are inconsistent, it comes with the role, although I think he could do better with us with the volume of I50’s we generate.

As a bonus he would be an incredible indigenous ambassador for us which is an area we are openly trying to improve. Related side note, anyone else see Bont spent some time in Tiwi after the season ended? Suspect that was more than simply a holiday
It’s a good point, we have more inside 50s than pretty much any other team, most of them hitting the deck. He’d be a serious chance to kick 40 odd goals for us IMO. And agree about the ambassador, just overall for marketing could be huge for us

Dunkley & 2021 2nd for Bombers 2021 1st, Blues 2021 1st (if they can’t get it then pick 8 but I’d be telling them first of all they have to get it off Carlton for Saad) & Tippa

Pick 14, Dale, Dogs 2021 1st for Treloar, Stephenson, Pies 2021 1st

Stef Martin in for whatever change we can find. Match JUH bid with late picks this year & next. Go into deficit next year and it comes off our third because we traded out our first and second so can use a whole lot of late picks that we can stockpile.

Gives us Treloar, Stephenson, Tippa, JUH, Martin & 3x 2021 picks which could be 2x top 10 or even one top 3 if Bummers stink it up, could even use one of them to move back into the draft this year after a JUH bid. Massive improvement to the list, massive draft haul next year to use or bring in more quality. Massive amount of excitement to sell fans.

Round 1 line up -

Croz Keath Wood
Williams Cordy Daniel

Hunter Macrae JJ
Martin Bont Treloar

Vander Naughty Stephenson
Wallis Bruce Tippa

English 2nd ruck/utility floating forward & back, Baz & Libba midfield rotations, one of Richards/Dureya 7th defender.

now personally I’m playing Schache as third tall forward over Bruce but I know that won’t happen so he’s depth and as soon as he’s ready JUH takes that spot anyway. That’s a seriously good team and honestly the trades are quite reasonable IMO, if we need to lose Schache and/or Richards on top of them to sweeten the deals somewhat sobeit, get it done!
Yep this is pretty good but dont need to lose schache or richards or Daley for that matter

I have read several posts stating the view that Treloar's disposal is ordinary and I had to really test my memory to see how valid this opinion was. I admit that his kicking style is not classical (but it is certainly more so than Dunkley's), however, from what I have seen, he is at least a long kick and a good snap at goal. Further, whatever technical detail may be missing he easily makes up for it in other skills: speed, hand-balling etc. I reiterate that I think he would be a great addition to the team.
There are several highlights clips of Treloar on Youtube to help people make their own assessment.

Last edited:
Geez try and be a bit more ambitious would ya 😆
I know it seems ridiculous haha but if you look at the trades individually I think they’re quite fair.

values Dunkley at 1x first rounder, 1x upgrade from 2nd to 1st & Tippa.

values Stephenson & Treloar at pick 14 + Dale (and swap of firsts which is probably neutral) and we take on the contracts, we’ve got a huge amount of cap space so front load next year and all good. I think we could renegotiate with Treloar too.

Were in a seriously enviable position right now with having a player of Dunkley quality, contracted, and wanting out, JUH coming in and a fire sale at the pies. Just have to improve this year and make the most of this situation.

I’m coming around to getting Trealor BUT keeping that deal seperate to Bumbers Dunkley. I’m sure Pies Dogs can work something out. Bumbers getting involved in a Treloar deal is the easy option for them.

As for Dunkley if we don’t get a WOW deal he stays. Unless we get a deal that gets us Pick 2 somehow and a player he stays. Simple as that.

I would be telling the Dunkleys yes plural as I think whole family is on this that your entitlements are set out in a contract for the next 2 years.

Dunkley wants midfield time as expressed by his manager, well he gets first crack at it and you Dunkley make it so hard that we can’t get to you out of there. If you achieve that the $ will be there come next contract.

Once you get this type of competition and depth in the side with addition of Treloar and you sort the forward line that’s when you become top 4.

Our best midfielder is ageing and knees maybe an issue going forward a combination of Dunkley/McLean is needed.

I have read several posts stating this and I had to really test my memory to see how valid this opinion was. I admit that his kicking style is not classical (but it is certainly more so than Dunkley's), however, from what I have seen, he is at least a long kick and a good snap at goal. Further, whatever technical detail may be missing he easily makes up for it in other skills: speed, hand-balling etc. In summary, I think "woeful" dramatically overstates it.
There are several highlights clips of Treloar on Youtube to help people make their own assessment.

I’m talking about Phillips. I agree Treloars poor kicking has been overstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back