Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Lewis Jetta cooked? Can’t say I’ve seen much of him in the past couple of years but if you got a level anywhere close to his best for a year or two would be worth a list spot for the wing.

Good news.

Wasn’t convinced when we picked him up but he has been an excellent addition. Hopefully he can stay fit in 2021.
Nice.

I think we (or him) were probably waiting until the pay cuts/changes came out from the AFL before signing on as it would have been unknown how much we could offer/he could accept until the exact salary cap amount was known.

Just leaves Roarke, Hayes, Cav up in the air.

We now have 4 main list and 2 rookie spots available.

JUH will definitely take one, but as we don't have to take 3 draftees we have a lot of flexibility in what we can do.

I think we want to keep Cav, but the longer we don't re-sign him the more likely it looks like we want to rookie him.

Naughton is also has high quality forward instincts despite starting as a defender. Naughton is a signifacantloy better forward than Schache, but if you want to significantly weaken a part of the ground we are already weak in, go right ahead.

it is fascinating whether we are stronger with Naughts as a fwd or back. As a back he would probably strengthen our defence by 3-4 less goals per week. As a fwd could a ENglish JUH And Schache fwd line gel. English play 50 fwd and 40 ruck. Martin could rest in the square for 30% but would not be overly effective. I rate English’s potential as a fwd. JUH can fly and play at ground level and Schack can play the third banana who leads and creates space. He is a good decision maker And would probably kick 1-2 per week. So we have 2 players who can contest in the air and Schache who does compete but not well but knows when and where to lead and create space for theother forwards. Naughts is a gun everywhere.

i am 50/50. Bruce will get in English and JUH way so he can play for Footscray.

Is Lewis Jetta cooked? Can’t say I’ve seen much of him in the past couple of years but if you got a level anywhere close to his best for a year or two would be worth a list spot for the wing.
Not sure if he's cooked, I just don't think he was ever really that good.

That and, he's a half back flanker at this point, we just re-signed one for a year who's not best 22 lol.

Good news.

Wasn’t convinced when we picked him up but he has been an excellent addition. Hopefully he can stay fit in 2021.
Point of difference in our defence - can play lockdown small in addition to the standard half-back attributes he has.

I still haven’t let go 76 Elim loss to the Cats. Many more after that to be scrubbed b4 I get to 97 😩😩😩
Out at VFL park, up at 3qtr time and kicking with the wind in the last if I remember correctly and got rolled... Those were the days!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is fascinating whether we are stronger with Naughts as a fwd or back. As a back he would probably strengthen our defence by 3-4 less goals per week. As a fwd could a ENglish JUH And Schache fwd line gel. English play 50 fwd and 40 ruck. Martin could rest in the square for 30% but would not be overly effective. I rate English’s potential as a fwd. JUH can fly and play at ground level and Schack can play the third banana who leads and creates space. He is a good decision maker And would probably kick 1-2 per week. So we have 2 players who can contest in the air and Schache who does compete but not well but knows when and where to lead and create space for theother forwards. Naughts is a gun everywhere.

i am 50/50. Bruce will get in English and JUH way so he can play for Footscray.
IF all players noted can play the roles and gel making us at least as good up forward, then of course Naughton could go back.

Just doubt they could go close

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am sure with my "Full Ground" coaching acumen and my penetration posse mentality we would see a top goal kicker with significantly higher mojo than Mitch Wallis in 2021, but fear not lachy i am not the coach just a man who dreams of a rampant Bulldog scoring machine led by Tim English the poor mans Paul Salmon giving the other teams an English lesson and one tough match up.
I am sure you said something here that makes a lot of sense, but can you please add your statistics to support your proposition and clarify your position

But I do like the English/ Salmon analogy. Will the Bombres get in a Emmett Dunne type to lock English down?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s a misconception Schache is soft. In my opinion, he lacks the core and leg strength to stand his ground in a contest and the athleticism to fly at the footy in the air.
Would hope he puts in a big off season in the gym to develop the core strength to compete 1 vs 1 If he can get stronger I feel his confidence would skyrocket and could become a very good player for us.
Guess it comes down to whether he wants it bad enough, would like to see him fulfill his potential.

Would hope he puts in a big off season in the gym to develop the core strength to compete 1 vs 1 If he can get stronger I feel his confidence would skyrocket and could become a very good player for us.
Guess it comes down to whether he wants it bad enough, would like to see him fulfill his potential.

He is coming from a long way back, now behind Bruce, Naughton, will be behind JUH from day 1, English (going forward with Martin in the side), Bont playing more forward with a stacked midfield

To be honest will be lucky to get a crack at it next year, injuries to others aside.

He is coming from a long way back, now behind Bruce, Naughton, will be behind JUH from day 1, English (going forward with Martin in the side), Bont playing more forward with a stacked midfield

To be honest will be lucky to get a crack at it next year, injuries to others aside.
Yep can absolutely see that being the case, I can also see the upside if he finds the desire to make it.
Wouldn't be the first unfulfilled talent would be such a waste to see it happen. Sometimes I am just a dreamer looking at what could be, he could be a very difficult match up if he wasn't so easily moved off the ball. I hope he makes a fist of it but if he doesn't we will still have JUH 😀

Who ? Duryea is easily best 22
Ahead of? Wood, Daniel, Williams, Crozier and JJ will all get games ahead of him. It’s also Ed Richards best position.

Ahead of? Wood, Daniel, Williams, Crozier and JJ will all get games ahead of him. It’s also Ed Richards best position.
I'm not convinced Wood is best 22 a lot of the time nowadays. He has moments of good times, but not very often unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back